Resolved [e1.5.8 Beta] Texture are not loaded/messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
They are working on it. And I can guarantee it's frustrating them as much as us. It's probably holding up their next scheduled iteration.

They've had several goes at fixing it, so what ever is causing it seems to be mixed up in the 1.5.8 upgrades, otherwise they'd roll back and work it out separately...

I've also noticed that performance nose dives when it happens - as if it is bottlenecking when it loads things into memory. I get a noticeable delay as icons load across a screen
Exactly i have the same framerate issue when this happen!

i too have been playing for about 35m now and i have none of the beginning stages of the bug that i would previously have had by this point.

had the same issues. but for some reason today it's working perfect played a few hours to check. all black marks on characters portraits are gone. graphics are loading again

Worked perfectly for about 20 minutes... then it started creeping back in. Not as severely... just sneakily... little bits here and there... then after about an hour it wasn't getting worse, but it was still there. But I feel like the performance degrade that I get when the images start dropping off was also still happening. After about an hour of play I was getting like 2fps on the campaign map and the image problem was really starting to kick in...

Unless the large heavy northern shield is now pink. If nobody else has it I'll check the shaders/integrity etc.

1zRpnVf.jpg

Last edited:
hmm its possible that higher end computers compensate for the issue better. my computer has massive capacity leftover even at max settings. and i was able to play for about 6 hours today before i got even a glimmer of the issue. i didnt get any fully lost textures but some only ever loaded a blurry version meant for distant rendering

hmm its possible that higher end computers compensate for the issue better. my computer has massive capacity leftover even at max settings. and i was able to play for about 6 hours today before i got even a glimmer of the issue. i didnt get any fully lost textures but some only ever loaded a blurry version meant for distant rendering
Since I got home from work this evening, the issue hasn't reoccurred. So maybe I just needed to restart after updating.

Worked perfectly for about 20 minutes... then it started creeping back in. Not as severely... just sneakily... little bits here and there... then after about an hour it wasn't getting worse, but it was still there. But I feel like the performance degrade that I get when the images start dropping off was also still happening. After about an hour of play I was getting like 2fps on the campaign map and the image problem was really starting to kick in...

Unless the large heavy northern shield is now pink. If nobody else has it I'll check the shaders/integrity etc.

1zRpnVf.jpg
I am also still seeing pink shields and other weird graphic anomalies. The last fixed lessened the severity, but didn't cure it.

Thanks for the mention. Have you tried verifying the game files after the update? Forwarded to the team we will be investigating.

I have. But if nobody else brings it up it could still be my circumstances or a random hangover. I haven't seen it occur today and performance is definitely improved.

this thread had three stages part one only some players reported the bug. then after one of the hotfixes we had effectively everyone reporting an even worse version of the bug. finally an unmarked update from steam(same official version) rolled the issue back to the previous bugged but playable state with some players (myself included) having effectively no impact from the bug unless our game session is left open for many hours.

i hypothesize that its tied to the preformance of various machines but not enough players have given accurate specs to assess that.

Back
Top Bottom