Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
Since the e.1.5.8 has been released, there's a texture bug - they simply do not load after a short period of time. All towns, castles, villages, even the warrior in the main menu look completely messed up because the textures are not loaded.

5258C675F5C63FC61D963CBCB97FA525EFBBBADF
8439361379FA2686902D0FCD4CC5F12EC69CCBB4

I struggle with the same + I also have the issue with "infintie rotating items" in menu.(like in towns).
Npc's dont show up in my clan list(as in their face on the list next to their name)

I've tried to do the verify by steam, nada.
I did uninstall the game(as in I went in and manually removed the config files etc, reinstalled same).
I tried to verify again, nothing.

Whats odd is that it works "fine" if you start a new game, for a moment then it dont.
I've tried a few times now, and same issue.

Since the e.1.5.8 has been released, there's a texture bug - they simply do not load after a short period of time. All towns, castles, villages, even the warrior in the main menu look completely messed up because the textures are not loaded.

I struggle with the same + I also have the issue with "infintie rotating items" in menu.(like in towns).
Npc's dont show up in my clan list(as in their face on the list next to their name)

I did uninstall the game(as in I went in and manually removed the config files etc, reinstalled same).

Whats odd is that it works "fine" if you start a new game, for a moment then it dont.

Having the same issue where thumbnails of items and portraits fail to ever load. Also, tablut textures failed to lost as well

Also having the same issue. After about 20 mins all the thumbnails of any new item, good, character or clan banner stops loading, as well as the above issue with textures not loading correctly. Tried the old work around of deleting the /shaders folder and checking the integrity of the game files on Steam and it did not work. Really hope that this gets fixed ASAP, the 1.5.8 beta is unplayable because of this.

Also having the same issue. After about 20 mins all the thumbnails of any new item, good, character or clan banner stops loading, as well as the above issue with textures not loading correctly. Tried the old work around of deleting the /shaders folder and checking the integrity of the game files on Steam and it did not work. Really hope that this gets fixed ASAP, the 1.5.8 beta is unplayable because of this.
He he I woudlnt directly go as far as unplayable, but def unenjoyable, and I do hope it gets fixed asap.

Basically for me I just have to take a break every 10-30min to restart the game.

All work well until a duration that varies abit, and then boom its really "annoying" and or in some cases makes it as you say unplayable(the Battanians troops going into their hedgehodge-mode(the fur goes full ball) which makes it almost impossible to hit'em(for you the player ai vs ai have no issues)

We are investigating this issue.
For now, even if it is not a guaranteed workaround, can you try deleting the Shaders folder and verify the game again?
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders
Please note that Windows need to show hidden folders first.
Also, what is your PC specs? And it would be really great if you can upload the engine_config.txt file located under "...\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs" pathway.
You can send your files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Last edited:
For now, even if it is not a guaranteed workaround, can you try deleting the Shaders folder and verify the game again?
Also, what is your PC specs? And it would be really great if you can upload the engine_config.txt file located under "...\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs" pathway.
You can send your files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
I confirm the presence of all the problems listed above. Har-ki pc can be seen in the signature. Now I will try your solution and write what happened.

it would be really great if you can upload the engine_config.txt file located under "...\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs" pathway.

No problem, will be done when I come home.

PC specs are:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
16 Gb RAM
HDD

Tried it, and sadly it didnt work on my end.
Worked as usual fine for the first 10-20 minutes, then I enter a town, npc's picture dont show (notables), then I go into the trademenu, rolling etc.

Note that when I reinstalled the game, I deleted all the folders manually, yes even the folder(I dont have them hidden), but I did do it again and then scanned got it dloaed from steam.

Specs :
i7-6700
16gb ram
Hdd
GTX980Ti

Not the best machine, but I've had no real issues running the game on my end(I just cant run stuff on very high etc)

Just writing to report that I have the same issue. I tried the work arounds, still having the issue. I will upload the engine_config.txt file. Here are my specs:

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 461.09
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F
RAM: 2x8 GB at 2667 MHz
Motherboard: ASRock B365M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB

So an update..

What did you do?
The issue is completly gone now.

I've played for well over 1hr(closer to 2).
I've reloaded saves a few times, I've entered multiple cities etc.

While the icons do spin abit, it just takes a few seconds and dont get the spinning wheel of death.
Characters in clan page all now appear with their icon next to the name.
Tournaments the item up for grab, is shown.
Name and icon shows up in the leaderboards for the tournament.

I cant see a hotfix, so I'm just curious "did you do something on your end"?
Am I now alone to have had this issue "resolve on its own".

Now if I'm going to be speculative, I'm thinking its on your end that you have had an issue with something.
My take is that its prolly related to the anti-cheat software(which in all honest is dumb to have enabled when I'm only playing singleplayer to start out with anyways..)
Again this is just purley speculative on my part, but since I havent done anything on my end and all of a sudden the issue goes away, I'm leaning towards its "got to be something on your end"?

---
Edited

So I write this ranty post, then I go back to play and boom it works fine for 20min or so and then it gets the issue.
Restarting the whole game dont even help at times now..

So weird I played it for close to 2hrs and 0 issues but then boom.

Really frustrating issue, as others point out it become unplayable sometimes.
Hopeing for a resolution fast, but for the mean time, its most likely best to revert to 1.57 where I didnt have this issue.

Last edited:
So an update..

What did you do?
The issue is completly gone now.

I've played for well over 1hr(closer to 2).
I've reloaded saves a few times, I've entered multiple cities etc.

While the icons do spin abit, it just takes a few seconds and dont get the spinning wheel of death.
Characters in clan page all now appear with their icon next to the name.
Tournaments the item up for grab, is shown.
Name and icon shows up in the leaderboards for the tournament.

I cant see a hotfix, so I'm just curious "did you do something on your end"?
Am I now alone to have had this issue "resolve on its own".

Now if I'm going to be speculative, I'm thinking its on your end that you have had an issue with something.
My take is that its prolly related to the anti-cheat software(which in all honest is dumb to have enabled when I'm only playing singleplayer to start out with anyways..)
Again this is just purley speculative on my part, but since I havent done anything on my end and all of a sudden the issue goes away, I'm leaning towards its "got to be something on your end"?

---
Edited

So I write this ranty post, then I go back to play and boom it works fine for 20min or so and then it gets the issue.
Restarting the whole game dont even help at times now..

So weird I played it for close to 2hrs and 0 issues but then boom.

Really frustrating issue, as others point out it become unplayable sometimes.
Hopeing for a resolution fast, but for the mean time, its most likely best to revert to 1.57 where I didnt have this issue.
You had me hoping for a miracle.... Then I read to the end. Such sadness. I tried a clean install, no dice. I saw a streamer using the Party Screen Enhancements mod and he didn't have any problems. I'll let you know how it goes...

Last edited:
You had me hoping for a miracle.... Then I read to the end. Such sadness. I tried a clean install, no dice. I saw a streamer using the Party Screen Enhancements mod and he didn't have any problems. I'll let you know how it goes...
Ay, I wish it was better news.

I have tapped into somewhat similar issues with other games.

A similar texture issue arise in Fallout 4 if you use ENB, and have it to use more ram than you acutally have.

I'm pondering if there is a setting in some ini file that should be toggled of or is incompatible with certain hardware.

Overall though the hardware on our end who suffer the issue though, seems to be spread out all over the field(so I dont really think its the hardware/software specific).

There is also several other post about the issue I see on the forums, so it seems like a "common issue" and something they should fix, as its at the very least makeing the game unenjoyable, but also in some cases unplayable(like sieges etc).

Ay, I wish it was better news.

I have tapped into somewhat similar issues with other games.

A similar texture issue arise in Fallout 4 if you use ENB, and have it to use more ram than you acutally have.

I'm pondering if there is a setting in some ini file that should be toggled of or is incompatible with certain hardware.

Overall though the hardware on our end who suffer the issue though, seems to be spread out all over the field(so I dont really think its the hardware/software specific).

There is also several other post about the issue I see on the forums, so it seems like a "common issue" and something they should fix, as its at the very least makeing the game unenjoyable, but also in some cases unplayable(like sieges etc).
--
Edit so I tested in terms of me thinking it was the same issue as with Fo4 and ENB(note I dont use enb's if there is any, nor do I use mods at all).

However my theory is that its soemthing to do with memory and textures, and the engine not useing memory correctly.

I turned down the performance to "Very low" from my custom setting, and boom.
While the game didnt look pretty, atleast the issues of the blurry textures, pics now showeing etc seems to be gone.
I'd like others who is struggling with it, to just test play some with it.
Ideally also reload a save, as for me I typically had the issue occur more frequent if I reloaded a save(I'll be honest : yes I save-scum)

But dialing it down to very low seems to have "fixed it" on my end.
Fought in 2 battles, entered 4 towns, 7 villages.
Looked at clan and kingdome menu, encyclopedia, crafted, went out of the menu into character lvl'ed up, back to crafting all the items shown properly.

In all the towns I opened barter menu, same for villages no issues.

So if anyone could try to replicate it, it would be appriciated and or if it works for others *hooray*
Then you can dial up the graphics slowly and see the breaking point for stability vs beauty.

--
Edit so I tested in terms of me thinking it was the same issue as with Fo4 and ENB(note I dont use enb's if there is any, nor do I use mods at all).

However my theory is that its soemthing to do with memory and textures, and the engine not useing memory correctly.

I turned down the performance to "Very low" from my custom setting, and boom.
While the game didnt look pretty, atleast the issues of the blurry textures, pics now showeing etc seems to be gone.
I'd like others who is struggling with it, to just test play some with it.
Ideally also reload a save, as for me I typically had the issue occur more frequent if I reloaded a save(I'll be honest : yes I save-scum)

But dialing it down to very low seems to have "fixed it" on my end.
Fought in 2 battles, entered 4 towns, 7 villages.
Looked at clan and kingdome menu, encyclopedia, crafted, went out of the menu into character lvl'ed up, back to crafting all the items shown properly.

In all the towns I opened barter menu, same for villages no issues.

So if anyone could try to replicate it, it would be appriciated and or if it works for others *hooray*
Then you can dial up the graphics slowly and see the breaking point for stability vs beauty.
So installing the Party Screen Enhancements mods had no effect, issue still happens after 15-30mins. I have also tried lowering settings to minimum, and while it seemed to work for a bit longer, after about 30-45mins, the issue came back... I have updated my Windows 10 to latest. I have updated my NVIDIA graphics drivers to latest. I reset all settings in my NVIDIA Control Panel to default, to see if that helps. I will let the thread know if I succeed...

Uploaded a file

Back
Top Bottom