Resolved [e1.5.8 Beta] Texture are not loaded/messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I still have the issue with the last hotfix. My save game is right before a siege and all of the icons on the map are broken for me. The map stays blurry and zooming only results in the icons of the world getting closer or farther. So it actually made it worse in my case.

Have started a new game since the latest hotfix.

Sometimes occurs after 5 minutes, sometimes after half an hour or longer. But always happens.

Have this issue pretty bad. within 5-10mins all icons are gone and ove rthe next 10 mins the ingame texture quality gets lower and lower.

Have uploaded the config file

Specs:

ASUS ROG G751JL Laptop
CPU: Intel i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz
RAM: 16gb
GPU: GTX 965M
Storage: SSD

Thanks

my 1.5.8 beta version is totally fine. just waiting in the menu for some seconds that everything is loading in. sometimes you have to do it 2-3 times in row, but then i can play for 5 hours straight without any loading circles or missing avatars.

my 1.5.8 beta version is totally fine. just waiting in the menu for some seconds that everything is loading in. sometimes you have to do it 2-3 times in row, but then i can play for 5 hours straight without any loading circles or missing avatars.
You're lucky.

When it happens to me (when, not if), if I keep playing for hours, even the textures on the character on the main menu doesn't load, in game map textures don't load so the map starts to look bland... The longer I play, the more the impact. It starts with icons because they're probably the most likely to be needed on the fly, but eventually it impacts every texture.

It's basically there as soon as I get into the game and only gets worse and worse. pretty much unplayable or certainly no enjoyment for me anyway.

I gave up and went to 1.5.7. That's all good but just needed to start a new save

For me, this is probably the single most frustrating bug I've ever experienced. It's not game breaking for me like others have been, but this one makes me more upset than others. I think it's because it's at the cusp of being game breaking. So basically, I keep playing with this bug in my face the whole time. Game breaking bugs are actually better because they force you to quit playing and you just move on. This bug is 99% up to the line where it would be game breaking, but it hasn't hit that 1 additional percent that would force me to just stop playing until they fixed it. It's like owning an old 4 cylinder beater. You know you need a new car, but your beater still gets you from Point A to Point B... just barely... but it still gets you there. And so you don't spend the money on a new one although dealing with your beater gives you migraines.

I'm going to go outside the box on this one TW. Can you all just break the 1.5.8 game altogether so I can just quit for now? I'll come back when it's fixed.

You're lucky.

When it happens to me (when, not if), if I keep playing for hours, even the textures on the character on the main menu doesn't load, in game map textures don't load so the map starts to look bland... The longer I play, the more the impact. It starts with icons because they're probably the most likely to be needed on the fly, but eventually it impacts every texture.
It used to take hours for it to get really bad for me. Now it's happening within the first half our or so. To me this one is ridiculous. I'm actually suspicious there might be an in-house saboteur on the dev staff. I don't buy into conspiracy theories ever, but seriously, where did this freaking thing come from. I get it if suddenly my character gets stuck in a tree or stuck in cliff edge. Or maybe a bucket is floating in mid air or a horse's head turns into a puff ball. Those bugs I can understand. This one I simply don't get and I feel like somebody had to deliberately make this one happen. Full disclaimer: I don't know **** about writing software. I'm going off a gut feeling on this. I been on this game for about a year now, so not quite all the way back to the beginning. But since i've been playing, there's been nothing like this. Generally patch after patch has made the game incrementally better. This bug is substantial regression. It's an outlier of regression which simply just indicates to me it wasn't inadvertant.

Came here to see if I was the only one with this issue. I have this problem upon leaving the main menu and loading up a game. Hopefully this will get fixed soon. Does not look that great on stream...

Hello,

Here is the texture issue that I'm seeing - I don't know that this is the right thread, but didn't see a similar issue. Note that both faces in the city menus and item textures in trade menus are affected.

Thanks

RTC1vz7.png

i didnt have this issue on 1.5.8 until the last hotfix. not sure if the hotfix fixed it for anyone but it broke it for me.

Yep! The hotfix messed it up for me too. And i dont use any mods.. Just to clearify, if someone wonders..

Well, TaleWorlds, please fix it, it is getting worse in time in my saves

They are working on it. And I can guarantee it's frustrating them as much as us. It's probably holding up their next scheduled iteration.

They've had several goes at fixing it, so what ever is causing it seems to be mixed up in the 1.5.8 upgrades, otherwise they'd roll back and work it out separately...

I've also noticed that performance nose dives when it happens - as if it is bottlenecking when it loads things into memory. I get a noticeable delay as icons load across a screen

Back
Top Bottom