Resolved [e1.5.8 Beta] Texture are not loaded/messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
So installing the Party Screen Enhancements mods had no effect, issue still happens after 15-30mins. I have also tried lowering settings to minimum, and while it seemed to work for a bit longer, after about 30-45mins, the issue came back... I have updated my Windows 10 to latest. I have updated my NVIDIA graphics drivers to latest. I reset all settings in my NVIDIA Control Panel to default, to see if that helps. I will let the thread know if I succeed...
Yah sadly it did seem to come back on very low setting here aswell... when I toggle the switches abit.
I think its "stable" for me atleast or appears to be so for longer than the 30-45 min if I run it on very low and dont tweak nothing.

(not to mention that playing on very low, is an eyesore lol)

--
Edit so I tested in terms of me thinking it was the same issue as with Fo4 and ENB(note I dont use enb's if there is any, nor do I use mods at all).

However my theory is that its soemthing to do with memory and textures, and the engine not useing memory correctly.

I turned down the performance to "Very low" from my custom setting, and boom.
While the game didnt look pretty, atleast the issues of the blurry textures, pics now showeing etc seems to be gone.
I'd like others who is struggling with it, to just test play some with it.
Ideally also reload a save, as for me I typically had the issue occur more frequent if I reloaded a save(I'll be honest : yes I save-scum)

But dialing it down to very low seems to have "fixed it" on my end.
Fought in 2 battles, entered 4 towns, 7 villages.
Looked at clan and kingdome menu, encyclopedia, crafted, went out of the menu into character lvl'ed up, back to crafting all the items shown properly.

In all the towns I opened barter menu, same for villages no issues.

So if anyone could try to replicate it, it would be appriciated and or if it works for others *hooray*
Then you can dial up the graphics slowly and see the breaking point for stability vs beauty.
Unfortunately for me it didn't work. I still have problems with icons or texture loading, regardless of the graphics quality that I set.

Unfortunately for me it didn't work. I still have problems with icons or texture loading, regardless of the graphics quality that I set.

I reverted to 1.57 and the issue is gone.
So its something related to 1.58 only.(I havent tried to revert back to that though again).

To me it seems that its an issue of ram vs the textures, as if its not fireing on all cylinders even if we have machines that are vastly better than the required.

I reverted to 1.57 and the issue is gone.
So its something related to 1.58 only.(I havent tried to revert back to that though again).

To me it seems that its an issue of ram vs the textures, as if its not fireing on all cylinders even if we have machines that are vastly better than the required.

I am having the same problem. It seems to get progressively worse although there are moments of respite on occasion when you come back after a while.

Can you play a 1.5.8 beta save in the 1.5.7 main branch without problems? This is the second bug I have run into in as many days if you don't count the occasional CTD (Much improved from 1.5.7 beta btw) and although none of them are game-breaking, they have really reduced my ability to enjoy the game. If it's possible I think I will downgrade to the main branch until there is at least a hotfix or something.

I am having the same problem. It seems to get progressively worse although there are moments of respite on occasion when you come back after a while.

Can you play a 1.5.8 beta save in the 1.5.7 main branch without problems? This is the second bug I have run into in as many days if you don't count the occasional CTD (Much improved from 1.5.7 beta btw) and although none of them are game-breaking, they have really reduced my ability to enjoy the game. If it's possible I think I will downgrade to the main branch until there is at least a hotfix or something.

I dont know, but I would think that you cant use the 1.58 saves in 1.57 due to added mechanics/changes to existing etc.
I just rerolled and played for hrs on end as I had when 1.57 was in beta, and have so far not had any such issues.

I do miss 1.58 cause it made some changes that I really loved(rebel-clans being wiped out after 30 days of loss) AI more peaceseeking when looseing or at war on multiplefronts etc.

Just too bad the texture issue "just ruins it".
hopefully they figure it out soon.

Well, let us hope that my files, screens and your info + the fact that I'm not alone who's having this issue will stimulate the devs for finding a quick solution. Don't want to go back to 1.57, so I'll just wait until the game is fixed.

Happens to me too. Uploaded my engine_config.

my specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX1050 Ti
CPU: Intel i7-3770K
RAM: 16GB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): OS on SSD, game on HDD
In-game graphic settings: mostly medium with some performance adjustments @ 1920x1080

Well, let us hope that my files, screens and your info + the fact that I'm not alone who's having this issue will stimulate the devs for finding a quick solution. Don't want to go back to 1.57, so I'll just wait until the game is fixed.
Yes, I completely agree with you. I pray that they will fix this issue ASAP. However, I have determined a less than ideal workaround. At very low settings, the textures take less time to load, so you can play for longer before the issues arises.

Also, if you don't wait for all of the textures to load when switching away from a trade screen (for example, works with party screens too) this will directly cause the issue, so if you avoid rapidly switching between screens, you can delay the onset of this issue even longer...

As I said, the workarounds aren't great, but it's something.

Well, our texture problem is just one of the many gamebraking bugs in 1.5.8. People report that bandit parties now appear in hilariously huge amounts, which, of course, damage the economy and many other things in the game. For now I consider 1.5.8 unplayable and take a break from the game until its fixed.

I dont know, but I would think that you cant use the 1.58 saves in 1.57 due to added mechanics/changes to existing etc.
I just rerolled and played for hrs on end as I had when 1.57 was in beta, and have so far not had any such issues.

I do miss 1.58 cause it made some changes that I really loved(rebel-clans being wiped out after 30 days of loss) AI more peaceseeking when looseing or at war on multiplefronts etc.

Just too bad the texture issue "just ruins it".
hopefully they figure it out soon.

Here's hoping. Waiting my be a better idea but if I'm jonesing to play I'll just do what you did and load it up in 1.5.7. I have my 1.5.7 beta saves but don't feel like losing my progress.

Thankfully Taleworlds and the admins on these forums are pretty diligent so I'm sure the issue will be resolved real soon.

Yes, I completely agree with you. I pray that they will fix this issue ASAP. However, I have determined a less than ideal workaround. At very low settings, the textures take less time to load, so you can play for longer before the issues arises.

Also, if you don't wait for all of the textures to load when switching away from a trade screen (for example, works with party screens too) this will directly cause the issue, so if you avoid rapidly switching between screens, you can delay the onset of this issue even longer...

Figured out that around every 30 - 40 mins this issue re-appear in my game. Closing the application and re-starting steam brings back the game to normal for next 30-40 minutes. So far it worked in 3 cycles. :wink:

Figured out that around every 30 - 40 mins this issue re-appear in my game. Closing the application and re-starting steam brings back the game to normal for next 30-40 minutes. So far it worked in 3 cycles. :wink:
Same experience I had, but it was also every 15 minutes at times for me, and thus I just reverted to 1.57 until they figure this one out.
Played for hrs on end with no such issue in 1.57.

Too bad cause alot of the things that is new in 1.58 is really neat imo.

Sadly the new patch today didnt fix it for me atleast.
The issue still persist.

Seems like the post someone did about "not loading in a menu fully" before moveing to another is specific.
I tried to do so and within the normal 10-45 min of play(in this case it was less than 5 minutes) the effect happend after I had closed a window "too fast".

Are you going to solve this problem? How many days have passed, and still the status of the topic remains unchanged.
Patience :wink:
They may not have figured out exactly what its cause is and or how to fix it.
Since other players dont have the issue.

I just rolled back to 1.57 instead and that worked without this issue.

I do wish it was solved myself, as I do liked alot of the new changes in 1.58 that I experienced(like the end of endless wars, rebelcans being wiped out etc)

Back
Top Bottom