Resolved [e1.5.7] Steppe War Horse and Steppe Warhorse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.7
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Loaf Cat

Recruit
There appears to be two versions of the same horse with different stats. The two are named as follows: "Steppe Warhorse" and "Step War Horse." I believe the latter was picked up fighting bandits. The former was purchased from a town. Not sure if this is by design, but I imagine it isn't.

I am unable to post images right now. So here are the links:

Steppe War Horse:
Steppe Warhorse:

Steppe War Horse is marked to be deleted in the game files. I don't think it's possible to buy it from a town though. Do you have Beast Whisperer perk from Scouting by any chance?

Steppe War Horse is marked to be deleted in the game files. I don't think it's possible to buy it from a town though. Do you have Beast Whisperer perk from Scouting by any chance?
I have one of my companions set to my scout. Turns out he does have that perk, yes.

Beast Whisperer produces a variety of horses which are not available for purchase in an unmodded game. Some of these are near-duplicates of (but usually with slightly worse stats than) normal horses, while others are rare types of their own, which have their own sets of stats.

I have been informed that a fix will be implemented regarding this issue with one of the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom