Resolved [e1.5.4 Beta] Prodigal son: can't open the door to the gang leader's house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.4
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
I received a quest Prodigal Son, and went to Epicrotea to save the hostage noble. However, I can't open the door of the gang leader's house, hence, I can't complete the quest.

I use only Settlement Icons mod, it shouldn't be the reason of such a bug.

However, I've uploaded a save file to upload.taleworlds.com with a link to this thread, so your team can check this up thoroughly.
C3AC0446BB7364DA02E52EA5179D3B1C734FC1EC

Wait, are we supposed to be able to do that? I thought only way to solve this quest was to talk the gang leader and convince or pay him/her.

Edit: Looking at the code and it seems so. I can't believe that I have payed his ransom. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Wait, are we supposed to be able to do that? I thought only way to solve this quest was to talk the gang leader and convince or pay him/her.

Edit: Looking at the code and it seems so. I can't believe that I have payed his ransom. :facepalm:
Yes, usually you are able to break in to the house and kill everyone inside, but no in this case.

I could, but... Any advice on the soft which can be used for recording? Never made any video on my life.
Windows has a "Xbox game bar" or at least mine does, probably can be added for free, anyways it has some basic game recording function that's fine for stuff like this. I'm not a video guy but I used it for bug stuff.

Windows has a "Xbox game bar" or at least mine does, probably can be added for free, anyways it has some basic game recording function that's fine for stuff like this. I'm not a video guy but I used it for bug stuff.
I tried Win+G (worked for a 3D Studio when I was making a small tutorial), but it doesn't work in BL.

Hello,
I was able to enter the house of the gang leader and save Lek son of Godun in Amprela.
Version: 1.5.4 beta
Installed community-True Companions Traits and Skills, RecruitPrisonersRightAway, Attribute And Two Focus Points Per Level, KillBanditsRaiseRelations Non-ModLib, CompanionsPatrolsIncreaseRelation, CaravansGiveTradeXPRedux, ArenaExperience - all managed by vortex.
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX980
CPU: Intel i7-6700K
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS HERO VIII
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 512 GB XPG GAMMIX 11 PRO SSD

Hello,
I was able to enter the house of the gang leader and save Lek son of Godun in Amprela.
Version: 1.5.4 beta
Installed community-True Companions Traits and Skills, RecruitPrisonersRightAway, Attribute And Two Focus Points Per Level, KillBanditsRaiseRelations Non-ModLib, CompanionsPatrolsIncreaseRelation, CaravansGiveTradeXPRedux, ArenaExperience - all managed by vortex.
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX980
CPU: Intel i7-6700K
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS HERO VIII
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 512 GB XPG GAMMIX 11 PRO SSD
Well, in other cases I was able to enter the house without any problems, but this particular time I wasn't.

I'm also getting this bug - I walk up to the door, it says "door" but I can't open it. I tried the door before and after talking to the kidnapper, but same deal.
Version e1.5.4.247373
No mods installed

Edit: I uploaded an image and my savegame

Last edited:

Reviving this because I experienced the same bug and recorded it
As you can see, the door to the gang boss's house will not let me enter. At this point I had already failed to convince him so I had no choice but to pay the ransom and take a loss. This is the first and only time I have attempted this type of quest, but if I experience it again I will post another update.
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 580
MB: ASROCK B450 M/AC
RAM: TeamGroup T-Force 16 GB 3200 MHz

Seems like just another quest to avoid entirely. As with the majority of quests in this game currently.

maybe you should check if the house really belongs to the one you'd like to find? I'm not so sure,but I once saw 2 different houses of 2 gang leaders

I have found the solution!
I got the same quest, although with a different door. In my case, the fix was to just force yourself a bit through the door mesh and look around for a trigger hitbox a.i. walk into the door and spin around untill the message for the door entry pops up somewhere. So, I think devs need to check the hitbox of the door trigger

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

The quest, as it is today, appears to be an either/or situation. If you attempt to persuade the thug then you cannot break in to save the son. I was able to go into the city, prior to talking with the thug, and was able to "break" in (was just an option to hit F to enter) and was able to complete the quest.

I thought the same. because no other door was labeled "door". but when I walked into door label would appear. there was no possible interaction. later, turns out it wasn't the house I am looking... there was maybe 30-40 houses in the city, I finally find the correct house in my last attempt. It was annoying. you can't collect clues etc. from townspeople. you just have to visit each house... and for some reason some doors will be labeled as door while some won't.

Back
Top Bottom