Resolved [e1.5.0] Xbox Controller Acting Different

Users who are viewing this thread

I have severe tendinitis in my left wrist, and as such use a controller in my left hand to move around, as well as kick and press my block button. I still use the mouse in my right hand to look around, press attack, and choose attack/block direction.

As of 1.5, while using my controller to move, I can no longer pick attack or block direction with the mouse. I can press attack and look around just fine, but changing the camera has no affect on attack or block direction. My direction inputs will just be locked to up block or up attack regardless of the inputs I give.

Using entirely Mouse and Keyboard or entirely the Controller still works as intended. I only have this issue when trying to use both at the same time. This setup was working fine previously, and also worked fine in warband as well as many other games.

Its incredibly likely that I am the only person on the planet that will be affected by this, and I certainly dont expect it to take high dev priority, but since rebinding keys is till broken in multiplayer I was hoping that you might be able to revert whatever is causing this new issue once you get around to doing that.

Thank you for your time, and if you need any more information form me please let me know.

I did further testing on my end and whatever is causing this issue appears to be tied solely to the left analog stick. I can be pressing any other button on the controller and change attack directions with the mouse no problem, but as soon as I use the analog stick to start moving around, I can no longer change attack directions. I also tested the controller with other games including warband and it still functions as it always has.

Is there anything I can do on my end to potentially solve this and save you all some trouble? If I could go into the config and revert the inverse blocking on gameplad I could use entirely that. I also think it might be possible that disabling the right analog stick entirely could make using the mouse simultaneously possible again.

The issue is still persisting after controller keybinding has been added (ty for taking the time to do that btw)

If I had to guess, the game is checking for input from the right analog stick to determine swing and block direction whenever it detects that the left analog stick on the controller is active. It is possible that there needs to be a line of code or command that signifies that the attack direction input can also come from mouse movement despite the controller continuing to be active. Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom