Resolved [e1.4.3 - beta] 2 Bugs regarding party traits and assigning party members as governors in fiefs (castles...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary:
1. If you assign your companions/brother a party trait (Quartermaster, Surgeon, Scout...) then assign THAT companion/brother to a castle (only tested on castle), the trait will MAYBE be assigned to the guy and you can not change it.
In the Clan tab where you change the part traits the trait is now gone. Gone in the sense that you can not change it because the guy you assigned it to was assigned to a castle.

Update: Now after that I have played around a bit. This bug maybe instead created when you assign a companion a trait and then REMOVE her/him from the party. It may also have something to do with assigning them to a castle/fief. Then the trait is stuck with him/her. Also a way to work around this is to talk to one of your companions in DIALOGUE and ask them to change their trait to that specific trait. You can also then see who the person is that got the trait stuck to himself/herself.

2. I suspect that the first bug is an implication of this bug. Solving this bug might solve the first bug.
If you assign one of your companion to a castle and then assign that castle to "None", the companion will SOMETIMES disappear. Meaning in the Clan tab it says that, THAT companion is still in your party but if you go to the party tab he/she is not there. Also in the castle sometimes the companion will show up in the castle tab (showing the persons currently in the castle) and sometimes is doesn't. I don't know why it is sometimes. Also if you assign a companion to the castle then CHANGE the governor to another companion the person will be shown in the castle tab of persons currently located in the castle (I am a bit unsure about this one behaviour but I know it is related to the bug). Lastly to go around this issue I assign the missing companion to my brother which somehow puts the guy in the currently located in the castle so that i can "Take the Hero into the Party".

Update:
Now after I have player around a bit I think the reasoning of the second bug is false. So far I have seen that SOMETIMES companions or the brother disappears from the castle "persons currently located in the castle" tab (when assigning them as governors). I just played around with assigning the castle to multiple people, going in and out of the lord's hall and talking to them. Will keep testing and give you an update.

How to Reproduce
: I did explain it in the summary.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Tested on a castle. Rhesos Castle.
Media (Screenshots & Video):

The first bug, read the first summary. The trait bug, where traits are now gone:

Version: Beta 1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications: None
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVIDIA 1050 Ti
CPU: Intel Pentium G4560
RAM: 12 GB
Motherboard: This is not a hardware issue, it is a software issue.
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Back
Top Bottom