Resolved [e1.0.9] Family Feud quest - the person under player's protection never spawns in another village

Users who are viewing this thread

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
Good day!

So, I've recently accepted the quest Family Feud and discovered an unpleasant bug which makes this quest impossible to complete. The thing is that when I take the person, who should be under my protection to the party, and go to another village (he's still in a party list) - he doesn't spawn at that other village. I've tried both ways: via "Take a walk through the lands" and tried talking to the rival noble villager through settlement menu - no results. And so the script will never launch and quest will never continue. The only option is to fail it.

I've tried accepting this quest twice: firstly in Aserai village, after that in Khuzait village - the results are the same and I suppose this should be considered as a bug.

Hope it'll be fixed soon!

Use the leave member in settlement button and then talk to the target NPC
6WP_T.png

Can confirm this happens to me. There is a work around. Once the person is in your party, go to the village where you are suppose to take the person under your protection. While in the village screen, go to the clan tab. Kick the quest guy from your party. Go into the village (walk around) then exit. Then at the top you will see you have the option to talk to the guy you kicked. Go back into the village talk to him and ask him to take you to the guy who is supposed to kill him. Follow him and once the two are together, talk to the bad guy and he will trigger the dialogue for the quest and you can complete it.

But yeah it needs to be fixed.

This crept in recently for me, symptoms tend to be:

1) get quest, speak to the guy I'm protecting
2) go to target village and speak to target NPC
3) Target NPC just says hello, have to leave and exit village again to get the quest to fire

Keep happening to me as well. My workaround is loading the scene by talking to some other notable in the village. Then everyone spawns as they should and I just gather my squad and go to talk with the target.

I have this issue but I decided not to reload/try to fix it and just waited until the quest expired. Now the guy is stuck in my party and I can't get rid of him. He appears in my army and I can even give him equipment but can not transfer to a garrison or tell him to go away. Doesn't appear in my clan either. Just stuck with him forever in my party.

I could get rid of him like any other companion. But I'll double check just to be sure.
BTW you can hire them (and missing daughters too) after the quest. I've done quite a lot of both in the tiny Battanian land, and now villages are littered with them.

Good day!

So, I've recently accepted the quest Family Feud and discovered an unpleasant bug which makes this quest impossible to complete. The thing is that when I take the person, who should be under my protection to the party, and go to another village (he's still in a party list) - he doesn't spawn at that other village. I've tried both ways: via "Take a walk through the lands" and tried talking to the rival noble villager through settlement menu - no results. And so the script will never launch and quest will never continue. The only option is to fail it.

I've tried accepting this quest twice: firstly in Aserai village, after that in Khuzait village - the results are the same and I suppose this should be considered as a bug.

Hope it'll be fixed soon!

You can use the fix people say, or you can just keep accepting and failing the quest and have 100 companions with a 5 companion limit! #ultimate army

Back
Top Bottom