[e1.0.2] Governors not learning steward skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Just what the title says. The text ingame says you should build projects and buildings in the settlements for governors to earn XP but my companion who I made governor hasn't earned any even though she should be gaining at least a little (she has INT 1).

Yup. It seems you have to get them in your party and set them as quartermaster for them to learn the skill, at which point it levels up very quickly until skill level 25. Also, setting clan jobs is very frustrating. If you want to set your quartermaster, you have to flip through either Scout and Engineer or Surgeon to get to it and doing that clears out whoever had the Scout and Engineer jobs or the Surgeon job. So you have to set them in a particular order otherwise it won't work.

Yup. It seems you have to get them in your party and set them as quartermaster for them to learn the skill, at which point it levels up very quickly until skill level 25. Also, setting clan jobs is very frustrating. If you want to set your quartermaster, you have to flip through either Scout and Engineer or Surgeon to get to it and doing that clears out whoever had the Scout and Engineer jobs or the Surgeon job. So you have to set them in a particular order otherwise it won't work.
You can click on the Clan Role button to open a dropdown of roles for faster selection. Looks like this:
131fc26da2.png

You can click on the Clan Role button to open a dropdown of roles for faster selection. Looks like this:
131fc26da2.png
WHUT - thank you so much oh my godddd. This was seriously infuriating me. I've been talking with my companions in settlements to assign jobs up until now.

Governors gains no skill at all, but it was and is still true for many companions and roles, that's why i made the mod in my signature, useful companions, to allow them to level and expand their use.
And this is not a bug, that would suggest code is faulty, that's just not implemented most of the time. I guess they will add it when they'll have time.
But it will work only on Bannerlord from 1.2.1 to 1.4.0, so i hope you updated your game if you plan on using it.

Ironically if you set a governor in a city and there happen to be a tournament, the companion can gain combat experience from the fights

My governon in sargot even won one of the tournaments while I was far away waging war to the khuzaits

Back
Top Bottom