Resolved Scene Editor e.1.5.7 smoothing tool not working correctly

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.5.7
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Previously, the scene editor's elevation brush browser in smoothen mode would smooth out pixellated artefacts (see spoiler) giving smooth terrain.
qbn09.jpg
Unfortunately, this no longer operates correctly on e.1.5.7
If I use the smooth tool, it just rearranges pixellation (node resolution 512 x 512 pixels) as opposed to smoothing it out. When I last used the editor, 2 months ago, the smoothen tool functioned correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
On further investigation the problem may be an unrepeatable bug. I exported the pixellated heightmap, removed the terrain, created new terrain at 256x256 pixel resolution and reimported the heightmap. This removed the problem and the smoothen tool then worked correctly as it had previously. To check if it was a problem specific to 512x512 pixel resolution versions, I reimported the heightmap into my pixellated worldmap. The reimport smoothed out the problems and the smoothen tool functioned correctly. All of which suggests that I may have created a unique bug in the pixellated terrain, which might be difficult for TW to replicate.

Back
Top Bottom