Version number
e1.5.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Andrei[beast]

Sergeant at Arms
I'm experiencing this sice i bought the game like 4 months or so and i'm sick of the stuttering at this point
It is only happening on the campaign regardless of the battle size that i choose or the graphics and the bad part is that it runs smoothly on the custom battle (not 500v500 battles though, my pc is not that fast)
I tried every update or beta and it still happens and it starts to get annoying. At this point i m used to it but it gets on my nerves when i can't even attack properly.
Now normally i'd assume my specs are bad but the problem is that people with specs that are not as good as mine are running it better
Atleast please tell me if i'm doing something wrong apart from the fact that i bought the game for my ****ty computer
Specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
RAM 8.0 GB
Operating System Windows 10

What drivers are you using with your GTX 1050? People get radically different performance between different video card drivers on this game.

I've run into people with drivers anywhere from 6 months to 4 years out of date on here who thought they were being auto-updated.

Inside your nvidia experience what driver does it say you're on? 456.55 is the newest.

I've run into people with drivers anywhere from 6 months to 4 years out of date on here who thought they were being auto-updated.

Inside your nvidia experience what driver does it say you're on? 456.55 is the newest.
I don't have the 456.55
I'm currently installing it
But I'm using a site that tells you of you can run a certain game and it says that my driver is over 4 months old(but it might just be an ad for their driver updater program)
But still, last Time i updated my drivers to the newest the site didn't said they're out of date

I'd just stick to the nvidia experience control center. 3rd party programs tend to be adware unless you found a good one you trust. Sometimes Nvidia/AMD software seems to sometimes not check for new drivers for 1 to 2 weeks at a time. So clicking the manual check for update button inside sometimes does the trick. And obviously make sure it's set to check for updates if you never open the nvidia experience and click the button.

Anyhow, is 456.55 helping?

I'd just stick to the nvidia experience control center. 3rd party programs tend to be adware unless you found a good one you trust. Sometimes Nvidia/AMD software seems to sometimes not check for new drivers for 1 to 2 weeks at a time. So clicking the manual check for update button inside sometimes does the trick. And obviously make sure it's set to check for updates if you never open the nvidia experience and click the button.

Anyhow, is 456.55 helping?
Thing is... Nvidia optimising settings set many settings on medium and other on high and very high
And i don't understand how on low it stutters like crazy and after that, when i set it on the Nvidia settings it stutters a few Times and then works
But that doesn't always work
It's a dinamic performance and i don't get it

The question is. Are you video card limited or ram limited?

Open task manager and record your ram usage with everything closed.
Then open the game and see what your ram usage is at.

If you have too many open programs or background programs running and eating up all your ram, and your computer is using your hard drive for virtual memory, it could be causing these issues too.

8 gigs is nice. But if you have a bunch of additional background programs you installed for convenience you might just be having a ram issue which could be remedied by uninstalling some things, or turning off the "run on start" options so they don't load automatically. (and 8 gigs of ram is dirt cheap if you wanted to double your ram. Although based on your processor I assume you're using a laptop so I'm not sure if you have free slots)

What's your ram usage at with nothing running, only steam running, then after you start bannerlord and get in the game?

The question is. Are you video card limited or ram limited?

Open task manager and record your ram usage with everything closed.
Then open the game and see what your ram usage is at.

If you have too many open programs or background programs running and eating up all your ram, and your computer is using your hard drive for virtual memory, it could be causing these issues too.

8 gigs is nice. But if you have a bunch of additional background programs you installed for convenience you might just be having a ram issue which could be remedied by uninstalling some things, or turning off the "run on start" options so they don't load automatically. (and 8 gigs of ram is dirt cheap if you wanted to double your ram. Although based on your processor I assume you're using a laptop so I'm not sure if you have free slots)

What's your ram usage at with nothing running, only steam running, then after you start bannerlord and get in the game?
So i just verified it and the ram usage with everything closed except windows defender and some nvidia things(i'm not ending them in case smth bad happens) is constant 30%
Haven't got to try with the game on yet

Last edited:
I am using Nividia 1070 and on all graphical settings I had problems. Only when I moved the game files to SSD the frames improoved and stuttering wasn't as bad.

I am using Nividia 1070 and on all graphical settings I had problems. Only when I moved the game files to SSD the frames improoved and stuttering wasn't as bad.
Ar this point i think after updating to the newest beta and updating the drivers the game stutters based on the time my laptop is turned on
Played something else for like 2 and a half hours and then switches to bannerlord for another 2 and a half hours
The first hour or so it ran great, a lot of setting were on normal and some on high, but the last fight i had, after those 2 hours was a 26 v 27 and had some unbearable stuttering
I just say that when i closet the first game i immediately opened bannerlord so i didn't give my laptop a break

Back
Top Bottom