SP - Quests [Dynamic World Quest] - Use rebellions to create quests

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the concept for Rebels very interesting and it's implementation good, however i see some missed opportunities in other areas, such as quests, there is a great potential to create dynamic world quest/event. I think the currently available quests are nice for the early game, but we need mid-game/late game quests that interact with the world events. My idea is simple, whenever a rebellions breaks there should be a quest generation to see if a quest is created or not, i'll explain.

Let's say a rebellion breaks in Lageta, right now the citizens are currently fighting the mistreat of their rulers, they need support from other people/armies. This quest could have multiple factors to play with:
1) Relationship with the city that is rebelling.
2) Relationship that the player has with the Kingdom/Ruler it's rebelling against.

Let's say the player has good relationship with the City that is rebelling:
A quest could be created after the start of the rebellion asking the player to help them on their rebellion, could be multiple things, asking them to get weapons/gear/tools(this would be used in actual war, meaning that the rebels would have better equipment), give them some gold to upgrade wall( if not in level 3) and finally participate in the siege if it comes to it.
If the rebellion is successful a multiple of reward could be given to player, a think a main one could be easy to recruit troop on this city, meaning high relationship with notables in this city, spoils of war or even the obvious coin.

Now, let's say you have a good relationship with the Ruler of the Kingdom:
A quest could be created after the start of the rebellion where the ruler asks for the help of the player on the siege, maybe even before that some scout work could be interesting, infiltrating the town. Something among these lines, but i believe the main one would be the help on the siege.
Rewards could be a good amount of gold for this, spoils of war and improved relationship with the ruler.

Both quests could be activated if you have the requirements meet for both, meaning that you could choose the one you liked the most and the result would create their resulting negative effects.

A think a quest like this is very interesting, very immersive, which for me is the biggest failure so far on the quests. This is just a general idea, this could be either reduced or expanded.

+1!

If player is neutral(Not affiliated to any faction) the city could be the reward. Either as a vassal of the ruler you helped or as an independent king if you supported the rebel with the rebel clan as landless vassal. You obviouly join/takes over the war against the previous holder.

+1!

If player is neutral(Not affiliated to any faction) the city could be the reward. Either as a vassal of the ruler you helped or as an independent king if you supported the rebel with the rebel clan as landless vassal. You obviouly join/takes over the war against the previous holder.

I think giving the town as a reward a bit too much. But if you're a vassal of the Kingdom of the town who is rebelling and you complete the quest, it's a good idea to give it to the player as a reward, but with negative impact on the previous holder(excluding the king obviously). This could be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom