Dynamic Encyclopedia entries?

Users who are viewing this thread

The encyclopedia has always provided a nice touch. And right now it provides quite a bit of power in being able to locate any character.

At present, it has some bits of lore for the characters that begin the game. New characters get fleshed out just as far as their faction allegiance, culture, and their mix of character traits. To flesh out the lore as the game progresses, is it possible to populate the encyclopedia based on events that happen in-game? This would add some immersion and allow each game to breath a bit once more people are playing longer, generational games.
  • If the head of a faction dies in battle, characters could have an entry stating that they were present at their death.
  • Entries could denote if a character was present during a battle that met a certain threshold for troops present, number of casualties, or number of lords that died.
  • Entries could generate if a character killed a certain number of enemies during a battle.
Is this even possible to include in the game, native or otherwise?

I think it'd be possible. Most of the data required would already be in the game; it would really only require an "If X, Then Y" kind of programming chain, referencing data that's already there and just displaying it in the encyclopedia.

I think it'd definitely be a cool idea, but they'd need to have very specific conditions to have entries added otherwise you'll end up with every lord having 30 pages of "PARTICIPANT AND VICTOR OF THE BATTLE OF OCS HALL winter 1087, 3k troops" for you to scroll through :ROFLMAO:

I think it'd definitely be a cool idea, but they'd need to have very specific conditions to have entries added otherwise you'll end up with every lord having 30 pages of "PARTICIPANT AND VICTOR OF THE BATTLE OF OCS HALL winter 1087, 3k troops" for you to scroll through :ROFLMAO:

Yeah you’re right. The threshold would either need to be high or perhaps have a limit as to how many (in this case) large battle entries there might be. I imagine a player character in late game might trigger whatever ever threshold would exist many, many, many times.

Back
Top Bottom