SP Native DynaCulture

Users who are viewing this thread

Really Dynamic Settlement Culture!

This mod will cause all settlements to simulate a psuedo-realistic culture and influence spreading model. It is user configurable, compatible with existing saves, and can also be removed from a save safely.

Note this is entirely separate from Change Settlement Culture (although it sprouted from there originally).

Last edited:
How does it work exactly? High prosperity means high spread?

The source code is available on my GitHub, but I will explain in words.

Every day each settlement looks for neighboring settlements and calculates an influence strength based on that settlements current culture status. It adds up all the influences and calculates a ratio of cultures. Then it uses some simple math to slowly adjust its culture ratio towards that target. When a new culture becomes the highest influence, the settlement flips to that culture.

The source code is available on my GitHub, but I will explain in words.

Every day each settlement looks for neighboring settlements and calculates an influence strength based on that settlements current culture status. It adds up all the influences and calculates a ratio of cultures. Then it uses some simple math to slowly adjust its culture ratio towards that target. When a new culture becomes the highest influence, the settlement flips to that culture.
What is changed exactly by the culture change? Settlement model in world map? Building architecture? Notables? Recruits?

Settlement model and building architecture remain unchanged? Tied to unique village ID in code I assume?
Do notables remain the same?

Anti-ModLib people rejoice!

DynaCulture has been updated to Bannerlord 1.3.0 and now has optional dependency on ModLib 1.3.1. There is also a version available that works with legacy ModLib as a required dependency.

Back
Top Bottom