Duuring's Mercenary Battalion {International, looting, pillaging and winning}

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicccard

Master Knight
War is awful. It kills. It destroys. But it also lets you make a bucket load of money.
Duuring knew that. He's Dutchman.
Wherever there is money to be made, you can find the Dutch.
Even when their own country is at war against the Spanish rule, or better said, against the Spanish taxes, he and his countrymen leave to fight other people's wars.
Why? Well that's a stupid question...Money off course!

These savage Tatars and ottomans, and even the so-called Russian 'empire' are in need of the the Dutch invented volley fire.
But Duuring has plans; Only volley fire won't get them the most wanted mercenary in the east. He has formed the battalion into a completely independently fighting machine.
He hires Musketeers, Jägers, Engineers, pikeman and cavalry.
Apart from having a nice lifestyle, he's saving up.
The Netherlands will join up in these Northern wars in the future. He knows it. And when that happens, he plans on making his fortune with raiding. There's the real money...He just has to stay alive until that happens!

250px-Jacob_de_Gheyn_-_Wapenhandelinge_4.jpg

DO YOU:
-Want to loot and pillage people who you don't even understand?
-Want to get rich?
-Show off your awesome manoevres to those dumb cossacks and Tatars?
-Like to have fun and meet up with players from all over the world?

Then sign up!

1. Have fun! ITS A RULE!
2. Don't act like an idiot(Trolling and TK), cos because us officers aren't always watching; your 'mates' might just shoot you in the back(Or just hate you)
3. When the order COMPLETE SILENCE! is given, everybody must shut up because orders must be given
4. As this is a mercenary battalion, joining and leaving is more free then with other regiments. However, when your resign, you also resign of any rank you may have

The battalion consists of:

Musketeers
These lads have decided to buy a musket and have learned how to load, aim and shoot(also very important) the musket.
They are considered the backbone of a fighting line; their shooting and manoeuvrings decides battles.
Classes:
-Musketeers
-Chosen infantry

Pikemen
The best Melee warriors, these man do not only despite ANYONE with a musket, they also show off their awesome melee powers at any given change and are therefor always first in the breach.
Armed with a pike, a sword and sometimes a pistol, these gents are the nightmare for any cavalry. The name 'pike'-men may be somewhat deceiving. They do not only fight with the pike, only when the situation requires it. When attacking, most pikemen prefer to use the sword and a pistol.
Class:
-Pikemen
-Raider(without horse)​

Reiters -currently inactive.
A small unit of cavalry, armed with a sword and 1 or 2 pistols, they are the most mobile soldiers of the Battalion.
Their task is to ride down the fleeing enemy, to engage with enemy cavalry and to give support whenever the infantry needs it.
(Please take not that at the time being I am not recruiting for this branch, because I want to get the other branches filled first. Same goes for jägers)

Engineers
Experienced veterans, these few chosen men have taken upon themselves the task to not only handle the cannons, but also to make and demolish defenses.
Armed with Blunderbusses, shovel and grenades these man can always be founded at the front lines, shooting holes into enemy formations.

Jägers
Again a smaller unit, which consisted of chosen Musketeers with exceptionally sniper skills.
They have a more loose role and are allowed to fight more on themselves, although they are still required to participate into the formations.​

Musketeers, Pikemen and Jägers:
Private soldier: DMB_Mus_Name --- DMB_Pike_Name --- DMB_Jag_Name
Korporaal      : DMB_MKpl_Name --- DMB_PKpl_Name --- DMB_JKpl_Name
Sergeant        : DMB_MSgt_Name --- DMB_PSgt_Name --- DMB_JSgt_Name

Engineers:
Regular Engineer: DMB_Engin_Name
Senior Engineer: DMB_SnEngin_Name

Cavalry:
Private soldier: DMB_Rdr_Name
Korporaal        : DMB_RdrKpl_Name
Wachtmeester: DMB_RdrWm_Name

Officers - Officers can belong to a certain branch of the unit. In that case, they will add a M, P, J or R to their ranktag.
Engineers do not have Officers, and are to be treated as the special branch they are.
Sgt-majoor: DMB_SgtMj_Name
Luitenant: DMB_Ltn_Name
Kapitein  : DMB_Kpt_Name
Majoor: DMB_Mjr_Duuring (only MEEEE!  :mrgreen:)

Officerstaf:
DMB_Mjr_Duuring
Netherlands.png

Musketeers:
DMB_Mus_John
England.png

DMD_Mus_Alex
Netherlands.png

Pikemen
*to be updated*

Jägers
*to be updated*

Engineers
DMB_SnEngin_Mikkel
Denmark.png

Raiders
*To be updated*

Everybody starts as a musketeer, and later on, when proven them self, people may switch branches.

We try to fight as the civilized nations; Sweden and Poland.
Sweden is our main nation, but only because of the uniforms.
Uniform rules:
-All colors are allowed, except for green, which is the officer's class uniform.
-All branches are allowed to carry a side-pistol for close combat
-Helmets are not supported for Musketeers, Jägers or Engineers, but are supported for Pikemen
-Grenades are disallowed for any other class then Engineer.

We are looking for players who:
-Like formations
-Want to have fun and do not want to be under constant discipline
-Do not want to fight as 1 country all the time.
Want to join?
Full in this application:

IGName:
Steamname:

I want to form a naval unit as soon as they update the mod with naval battles, and have raised this battalion so I can already gather op members.
At that time (which is long, long, looooooooong off  :roll:) everybody is free to either stay or leave.

Pikemen
The best Melee warriors, these man do not only despite ANYONE with a musket,

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but you seemed to have missed out on or miss placed a word around here.

Odenar said:
Pikemen
The best Melee warriors, these man do not only despite ANYONE with a musket,

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but you seemed to have missed out on or miss placed a word around here.

Nope, as far as I know that's proper English. But anyway thanks for the heads-up, I'd rather have someone telling me then having it annoying people  :roll:

Hugues said:
What do you mean by 'International and Looting'?

It's a joke ^_^

mikkel the great said:
Sign meh up az Reitar! For könig und farshaland!

(Please take not that at the time being I am not recruiting for this branch, because I want to get the other branches filled first. Same goes for jägers)

I can sign you up as engineers, cos I know how much you love that  :wink:

So people can either sign up for Musketeers or Pikemen, and after that they can ask for a branchswitch  :smile:

Doublepost, doublepost!

Im changing some things, from now on the musketeers are the backbone, and à player may switch to another branch if hè has shown that hè is capable of doing that role.

Goddamn iPad...ill update the page later today  :mrgreen:

Umm, do you have to be in ts all the time if you are in the regiment? I'm a bit interested but I have other clans/regiments aswell to pay attention to.

Vrael_ said:
Umm, do you have to be in ts all the time if you are in the regiment? I'm a bit interested but I have other clans/regiments aswell to pay attention to.

Course not.
When playing the mod and other clanmembers are active, then, yes, being on TS is fun. I haven't managed to get a ts-server ( :lol: ) but I am working on that.

Simply, if playing with the battalion, be in the ts.  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom