Need More Info dungeons full

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
So basically there is an issue with conquered/reconquered towns and castles having full dungeons. I checked the forums and people here have been told that it is working as intended but I am calling bull****. There is no way this is intentional. I am getting farther into the game and due to the kingdom I am linked too, we have lost and had to regain nearly everyone of our original towns and we managed to take a few of the other kingdoms towns and castles. Well guess what? I have NO PLACE TO DONATE PRISONERS. No place!! at all. every town was either an original town that we had to take back or one we took but they all got hit with this bug (Yes its a bug, I dont care what bull**** you tell me) and now I am at a point where I cant do anything but ransom them. The dungeons are likely filled with random fighting units that hold no value and they are never removed. So please tell me just how was this going to go in your head, Devs? What other outcome did you think was going to happen with this new stupid mechanic you have going on? And again, do not tell me this is intentional because that just means to me that you are getting lazy and dont give a ****. I dont go into beta versions so whatever the latest version released through steam is, thats what I am on.

It's good you reported it because if it not a bug it needs to at least be better explained in game what is going on. I think what it is, is a cap on how many prisoners you can donate, so if there's beyond a certain amount you can't give anymore. You can of course put unlimited (AFAIK) prisoners in your own fief dungeons. I don't know though, because the influence gain for donating prisoners has already been made very low.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I would supply you with a save but it seems, from what I have been reading on the forums here, it is fruitless since its "working as intended". You already have plenty of saved data from other users with the same issue. work with that. The intention of this post was to explain that what you claim to be a standard feature, is in fact a bug. The issue is annoying, but your response to people was what pisses me off. You ask for data and then tell them its working fine. Honestly, there is no need to keep simple fighting units in prison since they are worthless outside of just ransoming them off. Prisons should just be kept for named characters. Look, I love what you guys have done so far with the game since you first released early access, but in some spots you guys have taken steps backwards (like the complete loss of control of your units once victory is declared in battle).

If you could provide the save file I could forward it to the team for investigation. We are treating every forum post individually unless we identify the issues are the same by the development team.

This have been reported several times and I've "told'em" what is wrong with it, but they kind of dont interact with us at all on the topic.

TBH it seems like they dont understand what we are telling them.

The reason is that the prison is filled, but the prisoners are taken by the "garrison" which imo shouldnt take the prisoners at all, or sell'em.

Why it matters, is cause donating lords to prisons - give you a good chunk of influence, which is "more valuable" than money.

Ideally there would be a script that sold non-lord from prisons/dungeons on a 24hrs cycle, so that we could donate lords.

In my game for instance (Sturgia) Tyal, Ulrika castle & Vladiv castle is filled, I have to travel to sibir to dump lords.
Which from where I captured the lords in NE or Khuzait lands is like 2-4 days of travel instead of being able to put'em in the dungeon of Tyal or Ulrika.

I get that its not a "game breaking bug" but it should at the very least be "acknowledged" and not just closed and we're told "it cause the prison is full". We can see that by hovering the mouse over to see that there is prisoners in the town/castle Einstein, but maybe there is a language barrier, we dont think this is how its supposed to work, not to mention that it didnt work like this until recently.

Back in the day a town could have 100's of prisoners if you hovered over, but you could still dump the lords in it.
We want it back to that way.

this error still persists, a nuisance to play as a mercenary and not have where to deliver the captured nobles. Every castle or city that was conquered at one point automatically has a full prison, when the battle ends and the message about the fate of the settlement pops up, the army is inside the settlement and you can see how they donate troops to the garrison and unload their prisoners, only in this event, the prisoners instead of being sold go directly to the dungeon. This error also occurs if the settlement defeats a siege with your participation, the prisoners that the garrison receives for their deserved loot percentage, puts them in the dungeon.

Also, these settlements become Pandora's boxes, because an enemy can come and conquer the settlement and end the battle with many more men than you had simply because there were hundreds of prisoners. Only the player is prohibited from putting more prisoners than allowed. If you dedicate yourself to participating in the siege defense of settlements that are always attacked, they will gradually reach the thousands of prisoners.

Last edited:
this error still persists, a nuisance to play as a mercenary and not have where to deliver the captured nobles. Every castle or city that was conquered at one point automatically has a full prison, when the battle ends and the message about the fate of the settlement pops up, the army is inside the settlement and you can see how they donate troops to the garrison and unload their prisoners, only in this event, the prisoners instead of being sold go directly to the dungeon. This error also occurs if the settlement defeats a siege with your participation, the prisoners that the garrison receives for their deserved loot percentage, puts them in the dungeon.

Also, if you can't donate troops, these settlements become Pandora's boxes, because an enemy can come and conquer the settlement and end the battle with many more men than you had simply because there were hundreds of prisoners. Only the player is prohibited from putting more prisoners than allowed. If you dedicate yourself to participating in the siege defense of settlements that are always attacked, they will gradually reach the thousands of prisoners.

Finally someone else gets it, been "speaking" to deaf ears for months about this issue.

Tbh its sort of gamebreaking aswell, as the siegers as you touch will have all their lost troops restored, and thus can push on without pause, contributing to some kind of snowball effect aswell.

Ive provided savegames on this issue before, but if you guys still need it I can do so, but you should be able to replicate the issue very easy.
Defend a city/castle from attack, after the siege is over, the amount of troops flooding the dungeon is blocking you from donating lords to it.

This used to work fine before 1.5x I think could be later(I can find the post if need be when I first reported on it).
Where the dungeon was filled, but you still could donate troops.
And it dont work in 1.71 beta either.

Ideally to counter snowballing, the fief shouldnt take prisoners at all.

Finally someone else gets it, been "speaking" to deaf ears for months about this issue.

Tbh its sort of gamebreaking aswell, as the siegers as you touch will have all their lost troops restored, and thus can push on without pause, contributing to some kind of snowball effect aswell.

Ive provided savegames on this issue before, but if you guys still need it I can do so, but you should be able to replicate the issue very easy.
Defend a city/castle from attack, after the siege is over, the amount of troops flooding the dungeon is blocking you from donating lords to it.

This used to work fine before 1.5x I think could be later(I can find the post if need be when I first reported on it).
Where the dungeon was filled, but you still could donate troops.
And it dont work in 1.71 beta either.

Ideally to counter snowballing, the fief shouldnt take prisoners at all.
I'm not a programmer, but it seems obvious to me how the error is formed and I imagine we all have the same problem in games, it really scares me the types of errors I see that ask for files. I really only comment to bring up this bug that bugs me in all my games.

Hi there! Are you still encountering this issue in the latest version, please let us know. Best regards!

Hi there! Are you still encountering this issue in the latest version, please let us know. Best regards!
yes, it still persists. The nobles deposit their prisoners in the dungeons instead of selling them, as they did before. They overcrowd the dungeon with 300 soldiers, the player is unable to deposit nobles, the soldiers in the overpopulated dungeon don't escape, they aren't sold, nothing.

Hey!

To reiterate what's been explained...

Garrisons take prisoners and put them in the dungeons, and lords will also "donate" prisoners to dungeons - but it isn't *just* lords but regular troops as well. There is no reason to put regular troops in dungeons, and even if there were (garrison potentially converting prisoners to troops) it does not make sense to prevent nobles from being put in dungeons in favor of regular troops.

Despite dungeon size, after sieges, there are TONS of prisoners, and they are all put in a dungeon, often to triple the capacity of the dungeon, preventing any nobles being placed in there.

When you join a faction you can manage your own dungeon, but as a mercenary you can be left with nowhere to put nobles leading to capturing them over and over an over again.

While it may be "intended" (though I dunno, just going off the comments in the thread) it certainly *looks* like a bug and is a poor experience and adds nothing to the game. It's not fun, nor is it realistic, nor is it a real challenge, just annoying (although I would argue anything that adds a challenge that is neither fun nor realistic shouldn't exist).

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom