Users who are viewing this thread

Bjarkan

Recruit
I was wondering what your opinion on dueling between 1H vs. 2H is.
Do you think one of them has a clear advantage over the other (regardless of skill) ?
I prefer fighting with a 2H sword as I like to have range and striking power and I've been using it since WB so I am just used to it.
But I reguarly notice players with 1H kind of despite of 2H duelists as it might not be seen as the "traditional" dueling weapon.
I have no idea what the competitive dueling community thinks about it and if 1H vs 2H duels are even a thing and if 2H are used alot less than 1H in competitive dueling.

1h vs 2h is too annoying for 1h player.
Stuns from regular hits, movement speed disparity and the most cancerous is defensive kicks though there're few players who can confidently pull them off for now.

Understandable,
but 1H has a higher attack speed, so don't you think 1H has a signifcant advantage ?
Also stuns from regular hits, meaning 2H hits and the other player is stunned and when 1H hits, that's not the case?

But I reguarly notice players with 1H kind of despite of 2H duelists as it might not be seen as the "traditional" dueling weapon.
That's because 2H duels are complete trash and not fun for most people.

2H is superior, there is no debating this. It's easier to do effective feints with a 1H sword because of its speed, but the damage and range difference makes the 2H an absolute no brainer choice. You kill your opponent in two hits. I despise 2H duels for that reason, doesn't feel like it's about consistency, it comes down to a short mindgame where inverse one-tricks can easily get a kill on you.

What do you mean by "inverse one-tricks" ?
I noticed some of my kills in 2h duels are by stepping aside and start swinging, letting my opponent hit air so I can hit his back. Do you mean a situation like this ?
I understand what you mean that it doesn't feel like its about consistency, as 1H duels are alot quicker and require alot more consistent blocking, feinting and attacking in the right moment. But I wouldn't call 2H duels less consistent, but somehow less streamlined.

By inverse one-tricks I mean the people using the inverse mouse control scheme, my sweet summer child. If you haven't experienced it, the animation blending in this game can make a few subtle turns come out as a nigh impossible to read feint. It doesn't help that the visual cues on the 2H stance is even less obvious than on 1H weapons. With how the combat is right now, I highly doubt 2H duels will ever be popular or something that can be enjoyed by someone who isn't a complete masochist.

Oh I know what you mean, I have fought against several players where its really difficult to tell where they attack from, thats probably what you mean. I also noticed alot of 2H wielders play with very high sensitivity and kind of spin attack.

Even if you can read the feints and you as a player react in time, depending on your previous block location you might fail to block it in time.
Not true. Blocking is actually quicker than the animation suggests. This was changed after people (read "I") cried about it on the forums long enough. Block delay shouldn't be an issue at all.

The 1hit potential of 2handers is annoying and is probably one of the reasons people choose 1h for duels.
And imo it's easier to feint with 2handers.
Other than that it's ok I think.

Not true. Blocking is actually quicker than the animation suggests. This was changed after people (read "I") cried about it on the forums long enough. Block delay shouldn't be an issue at all.
Still some people comiing from wb saying there's a slight delay on blocks. It's not a problem though as you can block literally anything, especially with a good ping

I hate that blocking a two handers attack sometimes give u a block stun so u won’t even have time to attack u just have to sit there and block a few till u find time to attack, also the block stun seems so rng and there’s really no way to know ur stunned till u try to swing and it’s delayed.

Still some people comiing from wb saying there's a slight delay on blocks. It's not a problem though as you can block literally anything, especially with a good ping
There is a noticeable delay at maximum weapon travel time, ie. left stance, right swing into left block. It doesn't really feel delayed other than at maximum distance, which is where the variable delay actually comes into play.

Back
Top Bottom