Duel Server Information

Users who are viewing this thread

After receiving many requests for this, we are finally able to set up password-protected servers for players to duel in! Unfortunately, we will have to make do with the limited tools we have at our disposal right now for this to work, meaning we will have to use the standard TDM game mode without any changes or edits. This also means that we expect people to abide by a gentleman's agreement while using the servers.

We ask that you do not share the server passwords with friends, but instead direct them here to take note of the guidelines laid out below. If people are found to be trolling on the servers and disrespectful to other players through their actions and/or chat, they will receive a ban that will affect the entirety of multiplayer.

These guidelines are subject to change at any time, as are the server passwords, so please make sure to check back here frequently for updates.

Duelling Etiquette:
Approach a potential opponent and use up/overhead block to request a duel.
Wait for the other person to respond in kind, if they do not, move along.
Do not attack your opponent immediately after a duel request has been accepted, give it a few seconds before initiating the fight so that both players are fully ready.
Do not 'face hug' your opponent before the duel has started.

Do:
Be respectful to other players at all times.
Give adequate space to people engaged in a duel, especially if you are preparing to start your own duel.
Dismount your horse in the orchard area (close to the map edge where the horses despawn) or kill your mount if you intend to use a cavalry class for duelling.

Do not:
Attack anyone other than an opponent that has accepted your duel request.
Interrupt or otherwise disturb an ongoing duel.
Use any form of ranged weapon (bows, crossbows, throwing weapons, etc.).
Duel while mounted.

Reporting Players:
To report a player for misbehaving on the servers, please start a private conversation with Orion here on the forums explaining the issue in as much detail as possible. This should include the time of the incident, a description of what took place, the username of the player you are reporting and the server it took place on. Please provide as much evidence as you can while making the report. Video is preferred, with screenshots being the bare minimum, anything less may be dismissed.

Update: the in-game report system is functional and is the first choice for reporting inappropriate behavior. - Orion

Server Information:
DuelEU - EUDuel
DuelNA - NADuel
DuelEA - EADuel
DuelOC - OCDuel
Factions - Vlandia vs. Vlandia
Round Time - 30 mins

Last edited:
Thank you for your efforts Callum.

This will help the entire community get better at blocking and get familiar with the game's melee combat at a more intricate level. I know the people who were really active in the dueling scene are going to be happy about this.

YES! I just saw them pop up!
My friend and I have been trying to duel in the DM graveyard forever. THIS IS AWESOME!

btw way more than 60 people will want this ; )

Its embarrassing that you have to spend time to set up this form of dueling with moderators and etiquette rules instead of having the actual game mode implemented...

The only other option would have been to wait until that was possible...

I think most people that are interesting in duelling will be happy enough to abide by these guidelines until something a little more structured can be implemented.

Hey, Callum, whats the password please :smile:

Please read the post thoroughly.

im confused do we have to wait 30mins everytime for the server to comeback?

Just edited in a reply above. They will restart every 30 mins (or if the game mode victory conditions are met) and come back up straight away, however there appears to be some slight issue with the NA one now that we are looking into.

Just edited in a reply above. They will restart every 30 mins (or if the game mode victory conditions are met) and come back up straight away, however there appears to be some slight issue with the NA one now that we are looking into.
alright thanks !

The only other option would have been to wait until that was possible...

I think most people that are interesting in duelling will be happy enough to abide by these guidelines until something a little more structured can be implemented.

Please read the post thoroughly.

Yeah a timer and invincibility and whatever else there is sounds really hard.

Back
Top Bottom