Duel farewell list

Users who are viewing this thread

Being a duel enthusiast since around 2012 I would like to share my opinions of people and maybe even finally post a NA list. I have consulted with some NA duelists that I respect their opinion of and like.  I would like to start out with an old category which ranges from 2011-2014 roughly and then newer lists that lists all of the players whose skills improved dramatically post 2014 and finally a period of duel where warband was considered dead (whether it was or not.). I would not say that any era is superior to each other because basically it was a different time period and different people who faced each other. Pub dueling definitely impacts these rankings (that I have personally witnessed) and I understand that the specific rankings of who is above who will be in contention but I ultimately used my best judgement based on what I witnessed and what is observable on the forums. Note I  did not rank the notable mentions and only listed some good players that I thought might deserve some specific recognition.This list definitely consists of my own bias because I can gauge better the skill of someone who I have dueled more and fought more than those who I haven't. Everyone probably has their own lists of sorts in their mind and I am not claiming it to be wrong only what I have witnessed. I could go into minor details of a persons style and why I think one person deserves to be ranked higher than another but even when that is attempted (as in eu) with a duel list it still ends up looking biased. Everyone on this list are skilled duelists who obviously had a love of this game and I would like this to be a homage and recognition of their skill instead of a supposed end all be all discussion of who is better than who.  Through the banter (Very toxic to very fun), the tense duels, the rage inducing duels, the fun respectful duels, and  just generally being better and giving  me a reason to improve. I would like to thank everyone on this list to contributing to my enjoyment through many  hours of this game.

Old Duel:
1.Ordyn
2.Jim
3.Saul
4.Rhade
5.Leonidas
6.Beer
7.DeafeningFlood
8.Mok
9.Tyrian
10.Taira

Old Notable Mentions NA
Hayley
Guru
Lagstro
Fortinbras
Neih
Reapy
Calamity
Mad Dawg
Jon
Mrnomnom
Commisar
Amadeo
Wilysly
Jman
Kush/Tesla/Rocky
Sarah
Olama
Robocop
Shep
Marnid
Duke
Binary
Muffinman
Juve
Unicorn
Gelden
Fehnor
John
Polarbear
Martin
Hani
Ruth
Mr.X
Hasek
Madoc
Fiery
Kel
RA_Jesse
Manofwar

Prime duel
1.Oodle
2.Tito
3.Mav
4.PPK
5.Noill
6.Vorn
7.Sean
8.Danate
9.Leonidas
10.Ruthven

Late duel
1.Mav
2.Rempica
3.Platypus
4.Narmin
5.Trox
6.Chowski
7.Alyss
8.Leonidas
9.Nikkle
10.Manry

Newer Notable Mentions NA
Fred
Squeaks
Alejanbro
Grimsight
Gavin
Serj
Guacc
Sauron
Heat
Arys
Simon
Show
The tingler
Danate
Old Cracks
Platinum Disco
Garvin
Nero
Red
Rake
Aporta
Sigi
Daemon
Andrei
Wert
Maccle
Yoshie
God
Conure
Tangawizi
Coldfusion
Prime
Canadian Polarbear
Meadows
WASP
Aras
Aralz
Butler
Sitvek

Eu early duel
1.M
2.Peter
3.Tobi
4.Fisk
5.Weirdo
6.Bloodydeath
7.Leroux
8.Robin
9.Snatch
10.Lelastar

Old EU duel mentions
Hubbel
Robin
Jane
Shemaforash
Alene
Killer
Scar
Azan
Duck
Purzelblume
Svensken
Dangryfarmer
Pyrex
Warhammer
Thyke
Goldradir
Oliveran
Harlequin
Carpediem
Sotamursu
Razer
Novac
Gannicus

EU late duel (2014-2019)
1.Bloodydeath
2.Gibby
3.Tobi
4.Peter
5.Arni
6.Maximou
7.Sponge
8.Soul
9.Shin
10.Raven

New EU duel mentions
Robin
Lyestra
Zerox
Weesmithy
Greywarden
Sean
W
Wily
Oneil
Patrick
Frankie
Charlini
Mynes
Motthe
Randal
Bomba
Varney
Darklight
Tallie
Puma

Being an Na Duel enthusiast since around 2012

So you don't know old duelists.

Old Duel:
1.Ordyn
2.Jim
3.Saul
4.Rhade
5.Leonidas
6.DeafeningFlood
7.Mok
8.Tyrian
9.Taira
10.Saul

Old Notable Mentions
Wilysly
Jman
Kush/Tesla/Rocky
Sarah
Olama
Robocop
Shep
Marnid
Duke
Binary
Juve
Unicorn
Gelden
Fehnor
John
Polarbear
Martin
Hani
Ruth

Not having Beer, Fortinbras, Hasek, Commissar, Vanidar, Jon, Mad Dawg, X and others shows me this list is not accurate.

Also you have Saul on twice  :wink:

Calamity said:
Being an Na Duel enthusiast since around 2012

So you don't know old duelists.

Old Duel:
1.Ordyn
2.Jim
3.Saul
4.Rhade
5.Leonidas
6.DeafeningFlood
7.Mok
8.Tyrian
9.Taira
10.Saul

Old Notable Mentions
Wilysly
Jman
Kush/Tesla/Rocky
Sarah
Olama
Robocop
Shep
Marnid
Duke
Binary
Juve
Unicorn
Gelden
Fehnor
John
Polarbear
Martin
Hani
Ruth

Not having Beer, Fortinbras, Hasek, Commissar, Vanidar, Jon, Mad Dawg, X and others shows me this list is not accurate.

Also you have Saul on twice  :wink:
I had beer in a spot and changed the order around, fixed. Thank you for reminding me of some people I forgot.

Degenerater said:
New Notable Mentions
Arys
Simon
Garvin
Gavin
Nero
Rake
Sigi
Andrei
God
Conure
Coldfusion
Prime

That is the finest list of duelists I have ever laid my eyes on. The raw talent is just impossible to believe.

Glad to see my age-old strat of “swing when they start feinting and use slight holds a lot” is finally getting me some recognition :shifty:

I think the most glaring absence is Lagstro - he’d have a spot in both Old and Less Old New IMO. Also Cal’s adjustments/additions to Old are spot on.

Great initiative though!

Whether I agree with the list or not, nice post. However I do want to say that I've had a great time and want to thank everyone who's been apart of my time in Warband. Even the people who I don't like or don't like me. Dueling to me has been incredibly fun and even therapeutic. I know I've been a pretty big douche bag some or most of the time and I apologize for all of those incidents, duel and non-duel. I hope everyone comes back and plays Bannerlord, old and new.

But I guess my honorable mentions for me during my "era" are:

Squeaks for the best single feint trick I've ever seen, can never do it myself.
Wert for most improved, friendship non-factor.
Mav for being my idol as a young duel child.
Tangawizi for his unique feints.
The Tingler, on duel once in a while and is a great goofball to talk to every time.
Conure for just being happy and enjoying himself no matter what others think.
Oodle for making the game fun with trash talk. Outside of game is a great guy.
Platypus and Narmin for being rivals.

Probably forgetting things, will add later.

Back
Top Bottom