Dual wield!

Users who are viewing this thread

KQC0O.png

8-HAi.png

So it's there!

In history the only actually used dual-wielding would be a long blade + parrying dagger combo (or katana and wakizashi in japan). Anything else was used just for show, in stuff like fencing, etc, or an extreme oddity, and most of those painting depicting it in actual battles were merely artistic interpretations.

So as cool as it sounds, it's just not practical in combat.

In history the only actually used dual-wielding would be a long blade + parrying dagger combo (or katana and wakizashi in japan). Anything else was used just for show, in stuff like fencing, etc, or an extreme oddity, and most of those painting depicting it in actual battles were merely artistic interpretations.

Liu bei、Cheng Yaojin、Li kui etc.

Liu bei、Cheng Yaojin、Li kui etc.
You are mixing up fiction with real life

Liu bei: There is no historical record on what weapon he used
Cheng Yaojin : Use a weapon called "槊", which is a mix of spear and mace
Li kui: Fictional character

There are even historical examples of individuals fighting with dual wield but... this was extremely rare thing and debatably effective.

Yeah, even if they were ambidextrous I doubt they would dual wield; more likely to switch weapon and shield or weapon around when they get tired though.

You are mixing up fiction with real life

Liu bei: There is no historical record on what weapon he used
Cheng Yaojin : Use a weapon called "槊", which is a mix of spear and mace
Li kui: Fictional character
You don't seem to understand Chinese history at all, I suggest you look it up again, especially Liu bei.
And I can give more examples: 典韦、太史慈、呼延灼、秦琼、秦叔宝、夫差、唐玄宗、胡韩单于、陈安、冉闵、耿豪、白孝德、毕再遇、岳云、扈再兴、李显忠、时俊、王安节、乌延查剌、王英父亲、王英、赵普胜、王弼 etc. You'd better godamn see it too.

Last edited:
Have you ever been to collage? Does the word "citation" means anything to you?
You made the claim, you are responsible to provide proof. And I am telling you, Records of the Three Kingdoms
didn't mention what weapon did Liu bei used.
The romance of The Three Kingdoms is just a novel. You are looking in the wrong place.
I'll tell you straight: 雌雄双股剑
If not yet understood, you have no one but yourself to blame but not history and others.

Last edited:

katana is a 2 handed sword and was not ddual wielded

The romance of The Three Kingdoms is just a novel. You are looking in the wrong place.
I'll tell you straight: 雌雄双股剑
If not yet understood, you have no one but yourself to blame but not history and others.
Obviously, you can't read, I said "records" not "romance".
And 雌雄双股剑 is from "romance" not "records".
I am not going to waste another single second on you, bye.

Obviously, you can't read, I said "records" not "romance".
And 雌雄双股剑 is from "romance" not "records".
I am not going to waste another single second on you, bye.
Then you should also give examples or proofs, you are so hypocritical.
Unless you didn't go to college to participate in a debate, then you are as you say.

Come on guys.. The point are about allowing dual wielding on mount and blade , not if X or Y really used in the past time.

I think that could be a good thing to add into the game.

Back
Top Bottom