Druzhinnik

Users who are viewing this thread

druzhinnik.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Sturgia Druzhinnik in this thread.

Their axe should be stronger, right now it's worse than any sword
Sturgia is an infantry faction, if you have weaker cavalry that's kind of the point. As for my feelings, in general unit numbers in Captain should be a bit more dynamic. Reduce the number of men in this unit by 1 from 7 to 6 (7 if you include player).

This class needs weapon perks and increased ax damage.

1. Perks do not allow changing weapons (it all comes down to the advantage of lance).

2. Their ax is useless in a fight. But it would be better to replace this ax with another one, more suitable for the standard one (this ax is not suitable for multiplayer, especially when you need to fight with other cavalrymen who are armed with suitable weapons).

And honestly, starting with the beta, I was hoping to see swords as the main weapon that can help in the battle with spears and infantry. But now the main weapon is slow and bulky, which does not give advantages for chasing another cavalry and for fighting infantry (maces and axes - a very strange move for Bannerlord).

Last edited:
Costs of 180 is good. Please remove the fur. Its fits best to Berserker but not to the Druzhinnik. His one handed weapon should have the same speed as the infantery. Once the Druzhinnik lost his horse he cannot compete with other heavy infantery. But I guess that is a general issue, which almost all heavy cavalry share. So please make the speed of the one handed weapon somehow similar to heavy infantery. Thanks Taleworlds.

Agree with the post above. The large shield covers the entire body when couching a lance, so they aren't vulnerable at all. If cav are couching all the time, they deserve to be punished

Their axe should be stronger, right now it's worse than any sword
2. Their ax is useless in a fight. But it would be better to replace this ax with another one, more suitable for the standard one (this ax is not suitable for multiplayer, especially when you need to fight with other cavalrymen who are armed with suitable weapons).
I had the impression thet their axe is faar too be remotely playable in melee. Like it's aesthetics though.

Sturgia is an infantry faction, if you have weaker cavalry that's kind of the point. As for my feelings, in general unit numbers in Captain should be a bit more dynamic. Reduce the number of men in this unit by 1 from 7 to 6 (7 if you include player).
I had the impression that Sturgia is supposed to have good inf, bad archers (no heavy archers) and mediocre cav. Balancing wise it would be a bad idea ho make one faction bad in more than one arm because it would make it very easy to counter and inf+arch-cav would make them unbalanced for siege compared to open field battles.

Btw, was the bow perk removed because it was too strong or because it wasn't strong enough? I quite liked the idea of balancing horse archers by giving most factions access to them and the addition gave the Druzhinnik a nice slavic feeling.

Btw, was the bow perk removed because it was too strong or because it wasn't strong enough? I quite liked the idea of balancing horse archers by giving most factions access to them and the addition gave the Druzhinnik a nice slavic feeling.
Also agree, Druz and Catas having access to bows made them interesting and distinct, and representative of the era they're supposed to be from by being heavily armored melee cavalry who could still support infantry when they couldn't charge.
I hope when Captain and Skirmish perks are split we can get these back.

I had the impression thet their axe is faar too be remotely playable in melee. Like it's aesthetics though.

I had the impression that Sturgia is supposed to have good inf, bad archers (no heavy archers) and mediocre cav. Balancing wise it would be a bad idea ho make one faction bad in more than one arm because it would make it very easy to counter and inf+arch-cav would make them unbalanced for siege compared to open field battles.

Also agree, Druz and Catas having access to bows made them interesting and distinct, and representative of the era they're supposed to be from by being heavily armored melee cavalry who could still support infantry when they couldn't charge.
I hope when Captain and Skirmish perks are split we can get these back.
my guess is that they removed bows on these classes becouse barely anyone actually used them and had a good score (they kinda analized a MP at whole for some bunch of time, and removed most of cav bows/cav javelins/ cav 1h upgrade perks becouse of that i think)
I still would love seing cav bows back at least on Empire, they were junky but fun and immersive to real Roman Empire

my guess is that they removed bows on these classes becouse barely anyone actually used them and had a good score (they kinda analized a MP at whole for some bunch of time, and removed most of cav bows/cav javelins/ cav 1h upgrade perks becouse of that i think)
I still would love seing cav bows back at least on Empire, they were junky but fun and immersive to real Roman Empire
I think you're right, but I think it is pretty lame that they removed the bows from all cav except Khuz in the same update that they made horse archers actually able to occasionally hit a target... would have been interesting to see if it helped them at all. They also purposely gave them absolute garbo bows :neutral:

I think you're right, but I think it is pretty lame that they removed the bows from all cav except Khuz in the same update that they made horse archers actually able to occasionally hit a target... would have been interesting to see if it helped them at all. They also purposely gave them absolute garbo bows :neutral:
I think TW got to the conclusion that horse archers are too annoying to give them to every faction and in some modes that's even true.
Sad nonetheless, especially as the choice of either bow or lance on a heavy cav was probably one of the more balanced and counterable.

I think TW got to the conclusion that horse archers are too annoying to give them to every faction and in some modes that's even true.
Sad nonetheless, especially as the choice of either bow or lance on a heavy cav was probably one of the more balanced and counterable.

Definitely agree, absolutely did not feel overpowered on these guys and made an interesting choices.

Its all a bit of a pipedream with the new "Passive Perks" system though. They removed a ton of flexibility from classes while introducing a completely new form of chaos and I don't see us getting a lot of the old options back. Sling, Throwing Axes, Pila, Billhooks, most pikes, etc. We're lucky to have equipment options at all at this point really.

You need to improve their lance, horse and armor for it to be a fair unit. Right now they are too weak, and Raiders are a much wiser choice for TDM/Siege modes.
Perhaps they should be cheaper? Or buff them to make it fair game?

Yea, this class feels like underpowered pretty much, especcialy bastard axe which is somehow WORSE in 1h mode than a default axe and is not a wise choise for short-ranged cavalry atacks
Also their lances are INCREDIBLY slow, rider AND horse HP are very low aswell

Back
Top Bottom