In Progress Dropping party next to only holding & the party leader recruits more troops & goes far away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Doofus

Sergeant
Sooo...I got my first holding, Jogurys Castle, and since we were at war and I had gotten extra troops after a battle, I decided to set up a second party with my brother (Nozhon). After the war, I was losing a lot of money so I decided to disband his party. I formed an army with him and when he joined me, at the castle, I took his troops from him. The better ones I socked into the garrison to save money, but also to save them for the next war. The recruit level ones I disbanded entirely. Then I tried to recruit him back to my party. I couldn't because he was still in his party (of 1). So I figured out how to disband his party (haven't played in a couple months & it changed). I tried to recruit him back to my party again & couldn't. So I waited a few seconds in the castle. He was waiting outside the castle. I talked to him there, expecting to be able to recruit him. He said he was going to Eunalica to disband (his party of 1). Disappointing, but fine.

So I go to Eunalica to await him. He crawls there & I notice it says he is infantry (Last I knew he still had his horse, but I suppose its possible it got killed. I'll check later when I get back together with him & update the thread). When he gets to Eunalica the first thing he does is recruit 8 troops. Huh??? His party is disbanding. I have to pay extra money now? Sorry, but I shouldn't have to turn off recruiting if the party is disbanding.

So next a wait a few seconds, then he disappears. I check the clan page & it gives me the old 'holding' status. OK, I figure he'll probably show up at the castle since thats the only holding I have. No. A short while later he shows up at Poros. Poros? The farthest holding of the Southern Empire (which I joined) from where our holding is? Why? WTF? I didn't disband his stupid party so he could go on vacation!

Fix the disbanding party logic so they don't continue recruiting when they are being disbanded. Fix the disbanding party logic so they go to the clan's closest holding after disbanding, if they have one, or to the closest town or castle if the clan doesn't have holdings. Fix the disbanding party logic so if they need to dump troops & they are in a castle or town they dump them there. Fix the disbanding party logic so if the party is disbanded and you talk to them where it was disbanded you can immediately recruit them if you wish to. Fix the disbanding party logic.

Yeah, I really don't understand how this thing is working. Seems its gotten worse in the 2 months I've been gone.

1) As noted above, I checked whether Nozhon still had a horse. He does. So why is he crawling and showing 1 infantry when he's by himself in a war party?

2) I noted that I threw a bunch of troops in the garrison so I would have them for later. At the time, the garrison showed about 250 of 343. Should be no problem. After going and collecting Nozhon from Poros (stupidity, as noted above) I go back to Jogurys Castle. Now I have 81 of 343 garrison. Why did I lose about 170 troops I was saving for the next war? I never ran out of money. I never ran out of food, either with my party or at the castle. If you really wanted my garrison to be maxed at 81 it should have said 250/81, not 250/343. If you are including militia (which you shouldn't) it would still only be 266 of 343, so there's no reason for this.

The dungeon numbers keep changing for no reason. The garrison numbers keep changing for no reason. I can't trust that what I expect to have is what I'm going to. How can I plan anything with this piece of crap?

Why did I buy this game 2 years ago if you are only going to ruin it in early access? Why is early access taking so long? I thought it would be a finished, regular game by now. Get your act together, test stuff yourself, and get this fixed. If I keep finding more and more problems that didn't exist a couple months ago I'll stop playing again and when it gets released you can bet I won't be recommending this to my friends.

Here's another update. When I typed the above I had 11 of 11 prisoners in Jogurys Castle. I went to Syronea to drop off (ransom) excess prisoners, then immediately came back. Now I have 11/9 prisoners. If the dungeon max numbers are going to keep changing for no reason, why not just make it 11/?. Let the player guess. Even thats better than giving a max that changes for no reason. Btw, the garrison/militia numbers didn't change during that short trip, so thats not why the dungeon numbers decreased.

Here's some printouts. Apparently I'm about to lose more of the garrison, even though I'm not close to the wage limit. Should I just not bother putting Garrison in the castle? Should I trust only the poorly trained militia to defend my castle?

https://prnt.sc/o1g5nwyRnH5p Garrison from the clan page
https://prnt.sc/w7v0G9ZhpFI- Garrison from the Castle Garrison page
https://prnt.sc/9MzRlAkueLL5 Garrison from the Manage Castle page showing I'm about to lose 2 more from the garrison because the party/payment size has been exceeded.

I tried removing 5 garrison troops (legionaires I was storing to save money) and when I do it now says security is dropping, even though the garrison number is stable... https://prnt.sc/c3aGHleazjOf Interesting enough, when I did that the dungeon numbers changed from 7/9 to 7/13. Apparently I can hold more prisoners if I have less troops to guard them. Here's another thing. When it said 7/13 I tried pulling a troop out. Now it says 6/14. Instead of the 2nd number giving the max allowed, is it telling me how many more I can 'safely' put in there (not that I would trust it anyways)?

Last edited:
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

As I'm playing Ironman mode, I don't believe a prior save file is available. If one should be, tell me how to access it & I will.

Regarding the garrison thing, its still happening with this save & they should be able to recreate it though. Here's a few screen shots....

Current:

Dropped the garrison wage significantly, but still not maxed:

Even though the garrison wage is well below what I've set the max to on the clan-party screen, the Manage-town screen shows I will lose 6 garrison within the next day because the party/payment size has been reached (exceeded)(and will continue losing troops on subsequent days). I suspect the Clan-party page is looking at only the garrison and the Manage-Castle page is including both the garrison and the militia, but thats only conjecture.

I don't blame you, Marda, but really, the Techs should try actually looking into it themselves and figuring it out. The players shouldn't have to. I also suspect the multiple issues with disbanding a party are also re-creatable & I'll try doing that and posting it as well. I currently have a party out with Nozhom again. I'll bring him home & will post afterwards whether I have the same problem.

It took me about 45 minutes to do this, but if I wasn't screen printing everything and documenting in this post it probably would have taken no more than 15 minutes. Quite frankly, I believe it should take the devs even less time. I had to go gather Nozhon, but since I'm pretty sure he's still in my party in the save I sent, all they have to do is create a party with him, fill him over 40% full with the troops in my party, add him to my army, & bring the army to a town/castle I own (assuming the save doesn't already have us there).

Here's my starting printout for this exercise, where he has his own separate party, I added him to my army, and brought us to one of my towns.

I pulled all of his troops into my party. I will delete the ones I don't care about or store excess in my town garrison (making sure I raise the $ max to acceptable levels)

So here's his party & me disbanding it. Note that I disbanded it in Argoron, which I now own, and it immediately pushed his 'party' of 1 outside. Not sure why it doesn't just leave him in the town.

I popped outside to talk to him, in theory to add him back to my party. But of course his 'party' of just himself is disbanding...

Fortunately he didn't travel someplace else to disband. He went back in Argoron and immediately recruited 6 more troops (more money spent by me needlessly), apparently so he'd have something to disband...
https://prnt.sc/OJ5tXR_gsmwA (Note the Yerchoking party of 7)
https://prnt.sc/sJtpNylOWEg9 (I went back inside to talk to him and looked at his troops. At this time I still wasn't able to recruit him back to my party)

I waited a bit as he continued recruiting more troops (Note the Yerchoking party numbers)

Eventually he wandered off with the party of 16 other troops he had recruited. Turns out he decided to engage some forest bandits wandering by with his 'disbanding' party. This was a couple days after I had disbanded his party.
https://prnt.sc/TiIm8i85xQrn (You'll note that there are no cavalry troops in his party)

A couple seconds after I did the above screen print he turned around (prior to engaging them) and went back into Argoron. You'll note the Forest Bandits are still on the map, but the Yerchoking party doesn't show up & even though I saw it go into Argoron it doesn't show up there either. I assume he turned around to disband.

I went into Argoron and found that, surprisingly, Nozhon was in the lord's hall & was recruitable. I had expected him to be in 'holding' status for a while.

As a final print, this shows that he does have a horse. So why doesn't he count as cavalry and why is he so slow when he is in a prty of 1?

So in summary: I couldn't show him in holding for a while after disbanding, although the disbanding did take about a day and a half after his troops were removed. He didn't go someplace else to disband. He recruited regularly after being disbanded to the point where during the disbanding process he spent money recruiting 16 troops. He also attempted to engage other forces while in disbanding mode.

Further comments: I suspect that he didn't go into holding for a while because I disbanded him in a town & I believe the logic is that after disbanding he goes to a town. I suspect that if I disbanded him in my castle he probably would have disappeared in holding status for a while as he went to a town. I suspect that when I disbanded him in a castle he traveled to a village to recruit troops, since he couldn't recruit them in the castle. I suspect that when he traveled from the castle to the village he traveled exceedingly slow because he was considered infantry, but had a horse causing a herding penalty.

Sooo...
Why doesn't he immediately disband?
Why does he continue recruiting after being disbanded?
Why does he continue engaging targets (when appropriate size) after disbanding?
Why is a character with a horse considered infantry?
Why can't I immediately recruit a character whose party was disbanded into my party?
Why couldn't your techs recreate this?

I'm going back to playing the game I spent my money on rather than doing tech stuff that I'm not paid to do. Enjoy your day.

Back
Top Bottom