Dragoons are getting ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

I've had it with the d*mned cavalry, dragoons especially. If you are playing infantry against a dragoon, there is no almost no counter. Their muskets do almost the same amount of damage and have nearly as much as accuracy when sitting still. All a dragoon has to do to get kills is to

1. Run up to infantry
2. Shoot
3. If miss, trot away safely, reload, and go back to 1
4. If hit, repeat over and over until your KDR is outstandingly high

And the patch that nerfed the bayonet and buffed the cav weps doesn't help either.

/rant

"LOLOLELELEL UMAD"

Lol, screw off.

Try stabbing them. With the pointy end of your sharp sticky thing. If that doesn't work, I've developed a foolproof system for any in-game difficulties:

- Stab
- Stab
- Stab
- Rage some more
- Stab
- Stab
- Stab
- Get better at stabbing
- Repeat as required

Blobmania said:
Try stabbing them. With the pointy end of your sharp sticky thing. If that doesn't work, I've developed a foolproof system for any in-game difficulties:

- Stab
- Stab
- Stab
- Rage some more
- Stab
- Stab
- Stab
- Get better at stabbing
- Repeat as required

You can't stab them if they are 10 meters away from you and aiming right at you

Blobmania said:
Then move closer. Or hide. Or dodge. Or shoot them. Or go moan on the forums.

Move closer? Nope, they shoot you. Hide? You can't in every situation.. Shoot? They have a better chance to shoot you then you them. Also they have faster reload. And you aren't always loaded.

You sound like you might just suck.  They're a much bigger target than you, so how do they have a better chance to shoot you?

Then don't worry about getting shot. (As Gamechanger would say)

I know, this sounds really stupid, but I've found that if you focus on moving forward to your target rather than the fact that you might get shot, you will not get shot (most of the time). It takes more control then you think.  :smile:

Just try it. If it doesn't work for you, no matter.

LaBelle said:
You sound like you might just suck.  They're a much bigger target than you, so how do they have a better chance to shoot you?
Don't post things that don't help. You try to shoot a dragoon out of his saddle when he is already set and aiming, and you are trying not to get shot as well. Not many times will you both get a shot off and not get shot yourself.

EDIT: An extension to my suggestion is that you really shouldn't even try to shoot him. Just try to get close enough to stab him. At the very least, you will either rush his shot and make him miss or run him off without shooting.

I'm usually less concerned about dragoons as the other cavalry types.  In my experience, dragoons have to stop or slow down to a trot to get their accuracy to a reasonable degree, at which point you should have already lined up your shot. 

Chosen1 said:
They are on a horse, so you have a 50/50. They will hit you if they aim well.

Surely hitting their horse is just a bonus for missing the rider? They are a bigger target full stop and they have to take time to reload just as you do. There shouldn't be any reason why you'd find them more difficult to deal with as infantry than other things, if you're using your full arsenal of weapons. Learn to play.

I like to find an obstacle. A fence line, a big rock, something, anything, and get right next to it. Cavalry find it hard to shoot/attack AND properly ride when they are dodging obstacles. And if they run into an obstacle it stops them cold, a great opportunity in itself. The mere threat of this is sometimes enough to cause cavalry to ride around and go after anything but me. They ride off in search of easier prey.

Part of the problem, in my opinion, is how people behave on many servers in an average "lone wolf" game. In real life, a single infantryman was always under serious threat from cavalry. They countered this by getting into formations, forming squares and so forth. In your average team deathmatch server, its every man for himself, there is little teamwork, so cavalry have a distinct leg up on an individual level.

Another thing I do is turn the music off. You can hear that horse coming from farther away, giving you some warning.

Finally, last but not least, shoot the horse. Level the playing field.

If it bothers you that much, my advice, try playing another game type for a while, commander battle or siege for example. If your frustration bar hits 100%, just do something else for a while.

From the other point of view, I always seem to have a rough time when playing cavalry. I'm a magnet for every musket barrel in the surrounding radius. If I survive for very long its because the infantry are scattering like chickens and making it easy for me. Usually its not that easy, and I ride over a hill or around the corner of a building into a hail of musket fire and bayonet stabbing.

I don't personally regard dragoons as a threat unless i'm cavalry and they have a loaded gun.

As an infantry guy you just shoot the since you have better accuracy. If your gettin out shot by a dragoon your doing something wrong

If it is one dragon you can deal with him, but unless their is more then one then you should complain.One reloads while the other tries to shot.

People need to stop QQ'ing about dragoons they have 1 shot in the chamber and have to take 30 seconds to reload, if you're smart you'll just catch them off guard during their reload time.

1. Shoot the Noobgoon, as infantry, you pose less of a target and can move to a standstill for better accuracy quicker.
2. Stab the Dragoon, as most dragoons on public servers are indeed Noobs, they'll try to get in close. Use your Bayonet, and you can not possibly fail.
3. Run inside a building, as the Noobgoon will probably dismount to enter or ride away.

The ones that ought to complain about noobgoons are other cavalry players, seeing how they are limited to melee, and thus, for as long as the Noobgoon uses the hit and run tactic, they're pretty chanceless.

Clarification: A Noobgoon is a dragoon who use the Hit-And-Run tactic, often with Musketoons, where they ride up to you, point blank and ride away.

Talii said:
Clarification: A Noobgoon is a dragoon who use the Hit-And-Run tactic, often with Musketoons, where they ride up to you, point blank and ride away.

GangstaGoons doing their 19th century style hit and run ride-bys.

Dunno why people complain about dragoons, currently they're the weakest class in game. They're some strange hybrid between melee cav and ranged inf which sucks at shooting and melee (both dismounted and mounted).
Reason why we get so many hit-and-run dragoons is mostly because if they try anything else they will get slaughtered. Once in a blue moon dragoon will get a hit in driveby if he's lucky enough not to get raped by hussars. Dragoons are only somewhat dangerous when in large groups (as is anything else) or when they pull hit-and-run stuff in 1 vs 1.
All in all, dragoons would need some kind of rebalancing to make them actually useful instead of being markers for free kills in public server.

Oposum said:
Dunno why people complain about dragoons, currently they're the weakest class in game. They're some strange hybrid between melee cav and ranged inf which sucks at shooting and melee (both dismounted and mounted).
Reason why we get so many hit-and-run dragoons is mostly because if they try anything else they will get slaughtered. Once in a blue moon dragoon will get a hit in driveby if he's lucky enough not to get raped by hussars. Dragoons are only somewhat dangerous when in large groups (as is anything else) or when they pull hit-and-run stuff in 1 vs 1.
All in all, dragoons would need some kind of rebalancing to make them actually useful instead of being markers for free kills in public server.

1+

Back
Top Bottom