Dragon's Dogma

Users who are viewing this thread

Reminds me a bit of Gothic or the Witcher.
Watched some more videos and now I have to go convince my brother to hand over our shared PS3 and buy this game.

Monster Hunter's a famous action RPG in Crapan. It's basically a lone guy taking quests to hunt big monsters, then using their detritus as well as scavenged stuff to make gear to hunt bigger monsters. Rinse and repeat.

Tuckles said:
Just tried the demo. I was expecting more of a Monster Hunter style fight. It was still pretty fun though. I'll wait for it to drop in price. :U
You can climb on to monsters and hack away, seems pretty badass. Combat looks to be more skill based like Dark/demons souls. Was there anything in particular that was bad about the game, from what you got to taste in the demo I mean. The full game has towns and a big open world.

Tuckles said:
Your description makes it sound like Monster Hunter. Color me interested. :lol:

Exactly what I thought when I first saw information about DD. Seeing how I have a massie nerdgasm anytime even remotely related to Monster Hunter comes about, I think I'll be getting this.  :wink:

Capcom says if people are 'vocal' then it may be on PC whatever that really means. I guess we should get some picket signs and fly to Japan and occupy Capcom.

Here is a link to one:
http://petitionbureau.org/dragonsdogmaforpc

Here is another one:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dragonsdogma-pc/signatures

Here is a link to the Capcom forum:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27442377/Dragons_Dogma_for_PC_-show_your_support!?pg=1

Scully said:
Tuckles said:
Just tried the demo. I was expecting more of a Monster Hunter style fight. It was still pretty fun though. I'll wait for it to drop in price. :U
You can climb on to monsters and hack away, seems pretty badass. Combat looks to be more skill based like Dark/demons souls. Was there anything in particular that was bad about the game, from what you got to taste in the demo I mean. The full game has towns and a big open world.

It's a little unwieldy, and aside from light attacks, you can't do anything else. It'd be cooler if you could do combos while on the monster's back.

I didn't like how I got no taste of the magic system in the demo. Other than that, gameplay looks solid, albeit with the usual camera issues for games like that (I ****ing hate Monster Hunter's camera for instance) and some clunkiness in the controls (for example, when trying to use the fully drawn out arrow, it was near impossible to move the camera unless you had 3 hands).

I pre-ordered it (along with a new controller. I already smashed the two controllers I brought up to dundee with me...). Should arrive tomorrow or the day after. Will let you guys know what I think.

I own it and its better than Skyrim In my honest opinion.
Combat is solid.
Pawn are annoying tho.

Its like Dark Souls, Monster hunter and an open world were put into a blender.

Game definitely awesome.

Seriously...

Map big
You can climb up monster to fight them.
There ton of mythological beast.
Free roam.
You can jump and grab ledge.
The night is more dangerous and infested by zombie.

Its what Skyrim and Amalur WANTED to be.

I got it and played a little of it. It seems quite good the now. I never got a decent chance to play it, as I had to come home though. Within my short time playing I had already fought a lion-goat-snake thing as well as chopped one head off a hydra. And the dragon, well, its huge. What dragons in Skyrim should have been.

It's quite good, though I've still to get the hang of it. It didn't help my sound was hampered by my PS3 being a total douche and being loud as ****.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom