Dragon Armor

Do you think this armor should come into the game?

• Yes, it should come.

• No, it shouldn't come.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

WouLinX

Sergeant
In the main quest, we are trying to unite Calradia and claiming rights on Calradia by carrying the dragon banner. But doesn't the Dragon Emperor or Empress deserve a glamorous armor that is a mixture of all cultures different from other vassals and cultures? I called it "Dragon Armor". In the full version of the game or in future updates, will we see a dragon armor that will only belong to us, the sole ruler of Calradia, that is not found anywhere else?

not excited about it, but the game needs some suggestions like this. This would give players another goal during the endgame besides conquering another settlement.

lordly armours should be introduced into the game in general. it doesn't make sense for lords to wear the same/close armour to top level non-noble units.

not excited about it, but the game needs some suggestions like this. This would give players another goal during the endgame besides conquering another settlement.
The goal should be a good gameplay, not some cosmetic achievement. Make the game good and then you don't need an "endgame goal".

I like the armors as they are. I assume people getting one/two hit dyeing are playing on hard. maybe play on an easier setting. I'd be fine with the system they have in "with fire and sword". But, as it is, I don't have issues with me or my people being unreasonably chopped down.

The goal should be a good gameplay, not some cosmetic achievement. Make the game good and then you don't need an "endgame goal".
of course the game needs good gameplay, no discussion there. My point is that during the game you give yourself goals, like become a higher tier Clan, get a wife, have more caravans, lead an army, get better gear, own a town and become king. There is always a new motivation. The problem is that once you become king this disappears. In the beginning you have the challenge of defending your new kingdom, this will keep you occupied for a while. Then you want to defeat another kingdom. But after that my interest alway fades because it is just a repeating set of battles and wack a mole. A good gameplay element would be more distinct factions so that every war would feel new and fresh.

prophesy of pendor had the Qualis gems, whenever you wanted to do something else, you could try and acquire one.

in short, special gear could offer a small distraction during the endgame, but should fit in the lore. This would in no way hinder good gameplay, not sure why this would be mutually exclusive?

in short, special gear could offer a small distraction during the endgame, but should fit in the lore. This would in no way hinder good gameplay, not sure why this would be mutually exclusive?
I suppose my point is that singular goals like that are very shallow, whereas making the endgame itself more interesting like adding more diplomacy between your kingdom and others, which would add more depth across the board, is a healthier solution long term.

You're right, they're not mutually exclusive, but with the way the development goes I'd prefer stuff like unique achievements not being a priority over general gameplay improvements.

I suppose my point is that singular goals like that are very shallow, whereas making the endgame itself more interesting like adding more diplomacy between your kingdom and others, which would add more depth across the board, is a healthier solution long term.

You're right, they're not mutually exclusive, but with the way the development goes I'd prefer stuff like unique achievements not being a priority over general gameplay improvements.
Agreed :smile:

completely agree.
I like the armors as they are. I assume people getting one/two hit dyeing are playing on hard. maybe play on an easier setting. I'd be fine with the system they have in "with fire and sword". But, as it is, I don't have issues with me or my people being unreasonably chopped down.
As many say the armor is "paper".
By offering no real protection and not differing much from each other, they lead to threads like queries, in which some hope for "armor with the biggest numbers".
In addition to this, the armor in the game does not offer anything that deepens the game if not a minimum of localized protection and LITTLE LOCALIZED, in the sense that in the end the location of the damage is reduced to 6 very large hurtboxes that are therefore easily hit even by spamming attacks , which therefore makes the gameplay flat.

A solution, drastic albeit innovative, I wrote some time ago, I insert the link.
JOINT HURTBOXES and ARMOR HURTBOXES: an armor system that provide a way to balance factions warfare and make more deep the combat system(suggestions)

In summary:
I increase the number of hurtboxes from 6 to over 20 and among these 20 some cannot be adequately protected because they are "joints", but their lack of protection is compensated by the very small size of the hurtbox.
For example, the elbow, the knee, the neck when it is not well protected and some others.
If the enemy is well equipped where he can insert the armor parts(in the armor slot), and you hit him on those parts, you do him negligible damage.
The damage, very small, will still depend on the protection value given by that armor (which is still very high) and the type of damage you inflict.
Conversely, in unprotected hurtboxes, called "joint slot(or joint hurtbox)", the damage you would inflict is maximum.

This implies that if you hit the enemy on the armor with a slashing or piercing weapon and the armor is plate, even after 20-30 hits you knock him out. Maybe with a counterweight weapon you knock him out with 15 hits.
Conversely, if you hit him in joint hurtboxes, with 2-3 hits you knock him out.

This not only limits the spam of attacks against heavily protected enemies, but DOES NOT MAKE INVULNERABLE even those who are heavily protected, as the vulnerability points are there(the joint slots).

Then I suggest a new mechanism called: "THE HELMET FLIES AWAY" which I think is clear what it does.
The flying helmet leaves the head uncovered, which therefore becomes a very vulnerable point.
The helmet can still be recovered and put on again but it exposes you to the risk of being hit during the recovery and the animation of putting it back on.

I don't want to sound rude. But, this isn't dark souls. I don't want to hit someone 20-30 times. And if you think people are pissed when a companion dies... Well, just wait 'till they lose their helmet. I like your ideas, but not in this game. Again, my opinion, I think it's fine the way it is. Maybe add an armorer where you can buy custom armor. But, aside from that, I don't want someone that takes 20 hits to take down.

I definitely hope they add a lot more distinctive and unique armour sets exclusively for nobles and rulers. It's just so lame to see imperial monarchs and great lords wearing the same stuff as their common soldiers.

Guys i don't want an armor shaped like a dragon or something like MMORPG armor. i just want a unique armor for only ruler of Calradia should have. The reason why i called it Dragon Armor is lore of M&BII: Bannerlord, because of Dragon Banner. After main mission ends, there is a victory message, after that they can give us this dragon armor as a reward.

Back
Top Bottom