[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

krisvk said:
Overhead stabbing for spears, won't that cause some slight balance issues?
I wont call a balance issue making a whole troop type somewhat useful. Anyway it's better to balance things around working units, not around broken ones.

For AI there is no difference in autocalc. For field battles I imagine D'Shars being affected the most. And their mid tier infantry was destroyed by anything that manager to go their way before. Especially when RNG was bad and many spawned with shield+spear.

AttilaWalker - just my thoughts exactly.

Spear+ shield combo performed worse than shield+ sword against cavalry.  Now long spears with shield will be able to pose some danger to cavalry.

Not like it prevent really elite cavalry from defeating weaker spearmen, but at least they will face SOME resistance.

glustrod said:
What does "adaptive battlefield size" mean?

It means that the AI organizes the Fighting Area.
If it's a small group it brings the fight to the player quickly with smaller battle arena.
If it's a large fight then there is more time to organize your troops
and the battle arena is much larger...

AttilaWalker said:
krisvk said:
I wont call a balance issue making a whole troop type somewhat useful. Anyway it's better to balance things around working units, not around broken ones.

For AI there is no difference in autocalc. For field battles I imagine D'Shars being affected the most. And their mid tier infantry was destroyed by anything that manager to go their way before. Especially when RNG was bad and many spawned with shield+spear.
True, I was just worried about the spear using units being overpowered now, seeing as they were previously balanced for the old system. (though this is a slight change, so it probably doesn't mean much, I can't wait to play with it though)

How do you actually get your polearm units to brace? Also my character doesn't seem to brace. I press Z, get spear out but it's like I'm just holding it normally.

krisvk said:
AttilaWalker said:
krisvk said:

True, I was just worried about the spear using units being overpowered now, seeing as they were previously balanced for the old system. (though this is a slight change, so it probably doesn't mean much, I can't wait to play with it though)

There had been some measures to try to balance spear users, sure, but they did little. Time will tell if the new animations will mean they should retract those older measures. Probably not.

krisvk said:
No need to worry. A one-handed/two-handed wielding NPC will still trash a spear wielding one in any one on one situation. Even if the spearman is a higher level (in my testings a Sarleon´s mid-tier such as the Armored Footmen would defeat the D´Shar Ghazi Spearmen, which is top-tier).

At worst this changes won´t do anything. At best they will give spearmen a chance to fight back, specially against blasted facehuggers.

We gave D'Shar spears bonus against shields now. Wonder how that will play out.

We plan to release a hotfix soon, fixes the Bearclaw texture mis-naming problem (no one touched this, it's very random), Lord-Latis source for lance tweaking, plus a few more tweaks that need to adjust things.

A formation function bug , when I soloed with a Nordol patrol , most of Nordols stay in formation and only one of then left the formation to attack me .
But to be honest , it is a good bug to people who like solo with noun leader troops
b0f35be9jw1fcbe4m60yvj211w0lctja.jpg

b0f35be9jw1fcbe3y7u6lj211w0lc7h6.jpg

Marcus_SFAC said:
A formation function bug , when I soloed with a Nordol patrol , most of Nordols stay in formation and only one of then left the formation to attack me .
But to be honest , it is a good bug to people who like solo with noun leader troops
b0f35be9jw1fcbe4m60yvj211w0lctja.jpg

b0f35be9jw1fcbe3y7u6lj211w0lc7h6.jpg

Possibly you had more troops in you  party?

We're they running form you in the beginning? Did you kill any of them before the screenshot or them one of your units?

Back
Top Bottom