[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Just tried Discord but it says that the invite is invalid or has expired.

Anyway the French version is done and complete, you can take it here : http://bit.ly/VFPoP395

BUT ! But it uses a modified menus.txt file that may cause issues to the other translations if you install it to replace yours, so you're not going to use this file for the moment. What I propose is, before to find a definitive solution to this issue that may come only from your side (sorry), is to include my .csv files into your fr distribution to replace the old 2010 Warband French translation that is totally wrong for your mod. My files will generate a game in French with some menu entries in English but almost 98% of the translation shall be correct and adapted to PoP 3.9.5.

Credits are : Lolitablue, Trime1Predator and myself, Daneel53. :xf-smile:

To complete this subject for the moment :
Almost half of your duplicated labels come from Native and can be found in almost all the mods, the other half is on your side. As said in the Viking Conquest forum, you should modify the labels into your menus.py file in order to definitively eliminate all duplicated labels (yours or Native's) that prevents foreign translations to be complete.

Have a good weekend.

Last edited:
Sorry, but there is only one and only official distribution of POP, the one which I compiled from the original 3.9.5 source code. I can only add translations of vanilla version, not modified in any way (can't accept your new menus.txt).

I am not quite sure what do you want me to do as when both Chinese and Russian fan groups got access to the full vanilla version of 3.9.5, there were able to prepare corresponding translations without any devs help.

I am not a translator myself, but as far as I understand the whole process looks like this:
1. updated 3 common French files go to ..\Mount&Blade Warband\languages\fr
2. latest available French translation go to ...\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Prophesy of Pendor V3.9.5\languages\fr
3. French language should be selected in the Warband's splash menu and game started in the Windowed Mode
4. New Game needs to be started
5. On the global map, from the top strip menu: View - Create Language Template - Mark Non-translated lines
6. In the the main Warband folder there should be new_language folder (new lines will be marked).

All above steps can be done by anyone.

Dear Iconracl,

Don't think that I'm a newbye in translations of Warband mods. This is already ten years that I translate such things. I've translated (with others) Mount&Blade in 2009 up to final release 1.011, then Warband from 2010 up to the last version 1.174 and after that many mods. So what you explain here is what I do (and much more) since ten years. TEN YEARS !

Since then, apart from almost all versions of Native, I've translated in French or completed the translations of ACOK 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.2 and 7.1, A World of Ice and Fire 5.3, Brytenwalda 1.41, Diplomacy 4.2, L'Aigle, Nova Aetas 5.0, PoP 3.9.4 h3.1, Star Wars Conquest 2.054, The Last Days of The Third Age 3.5 and Viking Conquest 2.050 and 2.054. To do that I developped my own tool (which is available on line) which rely today on translation libraries that I've created with my tool in order to accelerate the translation process. Today I'm almost the last French guy that still translate mods in French as you can see here:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/traductions.134/

It is true that, stange as it may seems, I'm the first to have pointed two years ago the problem that exists with the duplicated labels in the file menus.txt because the issue knocked my head when I was translating ACOK 5.0. Please, as did the Brytenwalda team in charge of Viking Conquest, take the time to analyse the content of the files I send you. Take the time to search the menus.csv file generated by your mod with the process that you descrive above and you will discover that a big part of the lines that are present into the menus.txt file ARE NOT PRESENT into the game_menus.csv file, and so cannot be translated.

Yes, foreign translators are able to translate 100%% of the file game_menus.csv, so they think that the game is 100% translated and yes, it is 100% in their language when you play it. But some menus entries are totally false because where there are several texts with the same label in menus.txt, there is only one of these texts into game_menus.csv! Mod is translated, but partially false. This is what I've explained to the Brytenwalda team in the thread whose link I gave yesterday, they finally agreed that I am right and they modified their menus.py file (source of menus.txt file, itself source of game_menus.csv) in order to make the duplicated labels disappear from menus.txt... and many new texts appear into game_menus.csv that were not there before. Do you think that Motomaru would have wrote 'Addressing the issue now. Thank you, Daneel, for this significant contribution!' if I were not right?

It is late today, I shall come back tomorrow with more evidences that there are missing lines into the game_menus.csv file that is generated by your mod compared to the number of lines that are into the menus.txt file.

Please, read the thread that is into the Viking Conquest forum, you should be convinced. I don't want to enter into a fight, I'd just like that you understand that something is wrong into your menus.py file, as it is the case with almost all mods that I've translated including Native (at the notable exception of the mod TLD that have none) and that it is easy to cope with that issue.

If you don't believe me, you can contact the Team in charge of Viking Conquest (Motomaru or CeltiberoCaesar) to know that they think of this issue.

Sorry if you feel offended by my lack of knowledge of French community or your previous work. I have simply never encountered your nick before.
Over the years Chinese translators reported menus with the same ids in different PoP versions , which then were changed as they requested. To be honest I have never check if those were all or not (as I play in English). I will crate small script to extract names and check for duplicates.

OK, finally I have time, let's keep on the explanation with an example coming from your mod.

Let's look with Notepad++ at the file menus.txt that is delivered with your release 3.9.5, line 78:
mno_add1 0 Increase_by_1 1 2105 2 144115188075855914 1 . mno_add1 0 Increase_by_10 1 2105 2 144115188075855914 10 . mno_add1 0 Increase_by_100 1 2105 2 144115188075855914 100 . mno_add1 0 Decrease_by_1 1 2106 2 144115188075855914 1 . mno_add1 0 Decrease_by_10 1 2106 2 144115188075855914 10 . mno_add1 0 Decrease_by_100 1 2106 2 144115188075855914 100 . mno_spawn 0 Spawn_a_party_with_100_troops!
What do we see? There are six differents texts that all have the same label, mno_add1:
mno_add1, Texte 1 : Decrease_by_1
mno_add1, Texte 2 : Decrease_by_10
mno_add1, Texte 3 : Decrease_by_100
mno_add1, Texte 4 : Increase_by_1
mno_add1, Texte 5 : Increase_by_10
mno_add1, Texte 6 : Increase_by_100
Just after we have another text with the label mno_spawn: Spawn_a_party_with_100_troops!
Now let's see what we can find into the file game_menus.csv that is generated by the game process (lines 153 and 154):
mno_add1|Increase by 1
mno_spawn|Spawn a party with 100 troops!
And that's it! Where are the five other texts with label mno_add1 that should be there? Nowhere! They are not there, because the .csv files can have only one entry for one label.
So what happen for the translators? They find one line to translate, they translate it and everything's fine. This is what did the russion translator:
mno_add1|Увеличение на 1 (i.e. Increase by 1)
mno_spawn|Спаун отрядов от 100 воинов!
But you can see that each time one of the six possible texts in English with the label mno_add1 must ne displayed, it is always the same translation of 'Increase by 1' that is displayed to the user, and not for example 'Decrease by 100', which is not the same, you will admit!

Because I modified the menus.txt file for French translation, it contains:
mno_add1_m4 0 Increase_by_1 1 2105 2 144115188075855914 1 . mno_add1_m5 0 Increase_by_10 1 2105 2 144115188075855914 10 . mno_add1_m6 0 Increase_by_100 1 2105 2 144115188075855914 100 . mno_add1_m1 0 Decrease_by_1 1 2106 2 144115188075855914 1 . mno_add1_m2 0 Decrease_by_10 1 2106 2 144115188075855914 10 . mno_add1_m3 0 Decrease_by_100 1 2106 2 144115188075855914 100 . mno_spawn 0 Spawn_a_party_with_100_troops!
The labels are not anymore the same, so into the game_menus.csv file generated by the game, I find:
mno_add1_m4|Increase by 1
mno_add1_m5|Increase by 10
mno_add1_m6|Increase by 100
mno_add1_m1|Decrease by 1
mno_add1_m2|Decrease by 10
mno_add1_m3|Decrease by 100
mno_spawn|Spawn a party with 100 troops!
And so into my French translation you can find:
mno_add1_m4|Augmenter de 1
mno_add1_m5|Augmenter de 10
mno_add1_m6|Augmenter de 100
mno_add1_m1|Diminuer de 1
mno_add1_m2|Diminuer de 10
mno_add1_m3|Diminuer de 100
mno_spawn|Créer une armée de 100 unités !
The French translation is complete and no bad message is given to the player.

In order for the translators not to be obliged to modify the files menus.txt provided with the mod as I do before each translation, the only definitive solution is that the developers change the names of the duplicated labels into their menus.py so that there are not anymore duplicated labels into menus.txt, and so no missing texts into game_menus.csv.

I agree that this is disturbing, in the same way that I was disturbed when I discovered this when translating ACOK 5.0 two years ago, moreover because I never noticed that when doing all the previous translations, but this is a fact whose origin come from Native itself that have duplicated labels: modders since then did the same, what I can understand, but now we know this issue so we can try to avoid it. :xf-smile:

Our messages were done at the same time, and mine was rather long...
Sorry if you feel offended
I'm not offended, I understand that this issue is surprising and that, at first glance, this seems to be unreal because Warband is so old and this is ten years that mods and translations are done.
I will crate small script to extract names and check for duplicates
No need for that, only if you want to check my procedure.
I have coded a routine for that two years ago into my translation tool, the file that I provided you with the above link gives the complete list of all the duplicated labels that are into your menus.txt file.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kKimgZ9wqcp-fjOEPchl28Q8tmZt2H8fxNq7SK3b6-Q

I hope that now we understand each other. I would be very pleased for the French community that the French translation up to date can be found directly into your mod, but for that the file menus.txt needs to be modified on your side... and, just once, the russian and chinese translators will have to enhance their translation of game_menus.csv to cope with the new complete game_menus.csv. :xf-wink:

Put game menus through my script, which flagged all which share the same id, but have unique text. As a result there is 40 more lines to translate (for POP that mostly (all?) menus used in cheats).
Here is the link:

Last edited:
Fine!
I've downloaded your new menus.txt files with modified IDs, I will regenerate my translation with the new IDs this afternoon and send you back the complete French version this evening.

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all that you do. It's pretty amazing how a 10-year old mod for an 11-year old game is still able to capture our imagination even after all that time. Hopefully now with Bannerlord within sight Pendor will find a new incarnation.

Thank you.
As far as I can tell all seems to work fine. It will go life with the next small patch.

Small change in dialogs.csv (done myself in your files): 1000 in this line should be 2000.
dlga_village_elder_talk:village_elder_menu2.1|Dites au shérif de recruter tous les hommes valides du village et de les envoyer en patrouille autour du village. (Coût 1000 deniers)

3.9.5.1 hotfix is compatible with 3.9.5 savegames

TRANSLATIONS:
- added French version - Lolitablue, Trime1Predator, Daneel53
- updated Chinese and Russian ones (mostly cheat menus)

FIXED BUGS/ISSUES:
- very small menus font on some PC configurations
- order "prefer blunt weapon" can be canceled now
- set female voice for Maltise and Verante Kruus when they are sent to death
- player as elf and zombie (via Cheat Menu only) will use male voice to issue orders

ITEMS:
- Griffon Grandmaster Armor with Cape - added missing armpits armor
- improved/fixed meshes of: Falchion, Sword, Short Sword, Vanskerry Sword, Vanskerry Short War Sword, Iron Sword, Heavy Iron Sword, Iron Short Sword, Common_Iron_Sword, Shortened Military Scythe, Two Handed Sabre, Two Handed Heavy Sabre

OTHER:
- game menus with unique text received unique id (for translators)
- typos

Main files on ModDB and Nexus are going to be replaced with the whole version so if you want these changes then you'll have to redownload it. Steam Users will get an update and saves should stay where they are as the title of the mod eg.) 3.9.4 to 3.9.5 is not changing (3.9.5)

Hello guys,

Just a small word to say that even if the French translation is integrated into the mod, I see that the standalone VF that I usually put in line throught the French TaleWorlds forum and the french site Jeuxvideo.com is still downloaded each day since then. I was wondering why because I clearly stated on these two forums that the French is now integrated and so the standalone download useless, but there are other sources to obtain your mod. And what I see is that the fact that the French is integrated is not written on the dedicated pages on ModdB and Steam Workshop that still talk only of Russian and Chinese translations :
ModdB
Steam Workshop
I know that you provide the link toward the last changelog, but so few people read the changelog...

On my side I decided to cut the link toward the standalone French files, if you could add the French into the two above linked pages so that it is clear for everybody, it would be nice.

Side question: can you MP me so that we can see how we will synchronize when you will launch the next release of PoP. On my side I received small remarks for the French and maybe you will change some texts on your side.

Avoid the virus ! :xf-smile:

Only a full version is available to download on purpose, to prevent newcomers from missing out on the v3.9.5.1 hotfix patch, which is integrated into the v3.9.5 download.

Back
Top Bottom