[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

My save game has disappeared, is this recoverable? Was also wondering if the heroes picking up items from pool is now fixed? Thanks for the great mod.
As Chriss39 said, a mod version cannot detect its saves if they are in a save folder named differently than the module itself. Your saves are still there somewhere. You'd need to install the mod manually and bring over the belonging savegame files to be able to continue that playthrough. Apart from this, that's exactly why it's not advised to manage Warband mods with Steam Workshop. Do it manually and your files will be always safe.

And no, companions not picking the best items all the time is something that cannot be fixed with the current manpower/knowledge. Otherwise it wouldn't have been done long ago. But worry not, just manage their inventory manually, and all your problems will be gone!

Hello,

Just for you to know. The file ui.csv that is into the language\en directory of PoP 3.9.5 is totally broken : all the periods disappeared and all the lines finish with a big amount of useless space characters. The file ui.csv.bak that is beside seems to be better and the more up to date, but we need to have your approval to know if it is the correct one or not.

Waiting for your return, I suggest to stay with the previous file ui.csv. Being currently doing the French localisation of release 3.9.5, I will not touch to this file and will keep the one already translated coming from release 3.9.4hotfix31. :xf-smile:

Hello,
This is how mentioned file looks like on my installation:
1lNnFRP.jpg
I see a lots of dots over there.

Exactly the same files were used by Chinese and Russian fans for their own translations without any problem.
If you have any issue with this file open it in any word editor and replace "useless space characters" with nothing.

I have never translated Warband/PoP myself, but it seems that game uses ui.csv.bak
If this still is bothering you, copy all lines from ui.csv.bak to ui.csv (keep extra ~20 lines from the end of ui.csv and copy them to ui.csv.bak).

Last edited:
It is not 'bothering me', I just wanna have a correct file to translate.

If you look on the file you just posted, you can see for example that into the line 65 the period (I'm talking of periods, and not dots) that should be between 'head' and 'click' is not there and replaced by several spaces, same into line 85 between 'attribute' and 'skill' : all the periods in the file disappeared !

And the game cannot use a file with a .bak as extension because the game reads only .csv files.

Anyway I just need to know if the .bak file is simply to be renamed to replace the wrong ui.csv file that is dated two weeks before the .bak.

Replace tabs with nothing, load both to Notepad++ and use Compare function. Except last ~20 lines, there are 3-4 single words different (bolts ammo, use blunt prefer blunt, as far as I remember).

BTW For the last two months there was an info for all fans who want to do 3.9.5 translation to contact us. Chinese and Russian players did and now they have own language versions. Korean ones almost delivered as well (missed release due to real life issues). Why have you waited for so long?

Because I don't know what call you're talking about. Where was it posted?

I did the translation of release 3.9.4 hotfix 31 last summer, it is in line into the French part of this forum since then and downloaded more than 200 times.

load both to Notepad++ and use Compare function
This is exactly what I did with my usual compare tool, whih is Winmerge. But the comparison is difficult because it shows that ALL the lines are different between 3.9.4 and 3.9.5 due the errors that are inside the new one.

But if your answer is that the new reference is the .bak file and not the .csv, I will deal with that.

Info was on the top of the patch notes thread, flashing red.

Maybe this way it will be easier, then trying to explain what to do: download link

If the French translation exists, why not to add it to the official release, so players don't have to download it manually, just select from menu?

Hello, I am not sure if it is alright to post here. If not, apologies.

Thanks for the update, I have been playing all day. Arquebus and Mettenheim Crossbows are known to my CKO. And I actually have arquebus' on my sergeants. But I cannot seem to equip them to my knights. (Nor my sergeants again I guess, it seems that my CKO forgot the ability to forge those weapons.)

Any help appreciated.

Hello, I am not sure if it is alright to post here. If not, apologies.

Thanks for the update, I have been playing all day. Arquebus and Mettenheim Crossbows are known to my CKO. And I actually have arquebus' on my sergeants. But I cannot seem to equip them to my knights. (Nor my sergeants again I guess, it seems that my CKO forgot the ability to forge those weapons.)

Any help appreciated.
Neither the Arquebus nor the Mettenheim Arbalest can be used on horseback. While your knights have a horse by default. Therefore, unequip their horses first, then the arquebus/arbalest will become upgradeable, and then you can equip a horse again.

Neither the Arquebus nor the Mettenheim Arbalest can be used on horseback. While your knights have a horse by default. Therefore, unequip their horses first, then the arquebus/arbalest will become upgradeable, and then you can equip a horse again.
Thanks for the quick reply. Allright I will do as you say.

If the French translation exists, why not to add it to the official release, so players don't have to download it manually, just select from menu?

I will do that with pleasure, I agree that it will be easier for everyboby. I just did not know that it was possible nor how to do that.

Thanks for the new ui.csv file, I will use it. Due to the small amount of differences between 3.9.4h31 and 3.9.5 (around 180 lines in seven files), the French translation should be finished tomorrow. :xf-smile:

Sorry, but I just realized that my French translation shall cause an issue with the other translators because of the duplicated labels into the file menus.txt that oblige to change it. If you don't see what I'm talking about, here is the conversation that I had with the team in charge of Viking Conquest :

As a result, they change their code and the release 2.054 of VC do not have any more duplicated labels into menus.txt, so I don't have anymore to modify it. I don't want to bother everybody with that issue into this thread, can we pursue it by using private messages (or something else) ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom