[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

I have no slightest idea what that was supposed to mean but I want moar  :mrgreen: (I mean I can help with russian but it's of no use now. At all.)

"What to cut?" and wall of matrix-like numbers is also priceless.

Oh, I get it. He doesn't like messages about enemy forces around fiefs and he needs quick tweak to get rid of them, so I guess he's providing some tweak for others to edit but he's really short on time so hurry up since it's crazy and stuff. IIRC there were some settings for notifications in PoP options but never bothered to change them so don't know if they can help in this case.

I wait to playing 3.9.2 when comes out even on lowest video setting because 3.6.1.1 not is so cool as 3.9 versions due to lack of Kraken Riddari and other cool stuff, but I will keep both 3.6.1.1 and 3.9.2 in different folders. I've see changelog and all seems promising

I wish thanks to devs for create a such awesome mod which make me forgot about native and other mods, because I like voice-acted lines, great music and polished graphics

3.9.2 changelog said:
- exploit: player besiege fief -> player's archers has no ammo left -> player falls in purpose to avoid standard retreat penalties -> player's archers replenish ammo -> player restarts siege -> ...
Ding it! :grin: But I guess it's reasonable if the intention is to make sieges harder and not let players have a way to come around those penalties... Let those newbies suffer! :twisted:

Gorvex said:
3.9.2 changelog said:
- exploit: player besiege fief -> player's archers has no ammo left -> player falls in purpose to avoid standard retreat penalties -> player's archers replenish ammo -> player restarts siege -> ...
Ding it! :grin: But I guess it's reasonable if the intention is to make sieges harder and not let players have a way to come around those penalties... Let those newbies suffer! :twisted:
Intention of the devs, who added this feature, was to discourage retreats from the offensive sieges. They are different from the field battles as player is the one who chooses time and place. No "ambushes", surprises, accidents with huge roaming armies. Player should think in advance and prepare her/himself well.

At the end of the day: retreat is retreat. On your own legs (penalty) or not (no penalty up to now). 

Yeah, that's true. You can think of retreats as half-defeats, which are never considered as renowned acts. But is it dishonorable to retreat? Let's say, you seriously retreat only to save your men from certain death, and not to cheese the game through ranged combat. Is it a bad thing to save the lives of your units? And if you do a "tactical retreat" only to "bring" some more ammo to the siege, how is that a dishonorable act? I know, by medieval chivalry means, we could argue a little, but wars themselves are already not an honorable thing to do imo anyway. Because it's always the innocent townsfolk and villagers (=citizens) who suffer the most from it...

As such, may I suggest to exclude the loss of honor from the penalties of a retreat? Renown is fine to get lowered, likewise morale, as they are logical and should be enough to discourage players from retreating often imo.

And maybe lose honor upon declaring wars instead?

I agree that retreat to save your mens lives or to replenish ammo is smart.  However,  there is no way for the game to determine what your reason for Retreating is.  Soi think penalty for retreating makes sense

Gorvex said:
... And if you do a "tactical retreat" only to "bring" some more ammo to the siege, how is that a dishonorable act? ...
According to the clear notes in the source file it was intended by the previous devs and I am sure they thought about all cons and pros of this mechanic. I can speak only for myself, but I don't have a reason to believe that the "old" devs didn't know what they were doing and think they have more experience in the game development then me. That is why in the after 3.611 patches I have tried to preserve as much of the original world design as possible, did only really necessary edits or fixes. I don't have a reason to question their decisions.

I can says as Pendot is a very stable mod, no CTDs, no glitches and no error messages, I like as mod was designed and for strategy fans as me

Back
Top Bottom