<<<<< DOWNLOAD >>>>>> -Main Topic- +POLL

PLEASE ANSWER: What did you like more in 1755 Old Frontier? (thx to all of you!!!)

• The flora and panoramas, forests, rivers

Votes: 232 11.5%
  • The sounds of people and battles

Votes: 234 11.6%
  • The music

Votes: 148 7.3%
  • The indians

Votes: 342 16.9%
  • The european troops

Votes: 801 39.7%
  • I cannot decide. I love all that mix!

Votes: 699 34.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdmiralNelson6262 said:
ciao.
suggestion here. why not get a more finished version of the multiplayer in the mod, then if we can find a server, all supporters of the mod could take part in an event or contest or something like that.
:::::.... CAN YOU READ IN MY MIND FROM DISTANCE!!?? :shock:
I TELL YOU! I WAS JUST CHECKING THINGS AROUND THE MP SECTION AND WANDERING. I NEVER DID BEFORE SINCE I RISPECTED AOFI MP SECTION, AND I JUST DEVELOPED SP.
BUT I NEVER EVER GET RESPONSES FROM SHREDZ (by the way, can you send him a PM or get him on a thread and ask if he can throw a "hi" in this topic?? Ask him if he knows I dedicated to him a tavern companion!!).
AS YOU CAN TELL, ANYWAY, I STARTED FIXING MP ISSUE, AND IS PARTIALLY PLAYABLE AS LAN OR WITH BOTS.
BUT YES, DEFINITELY, I WILL FIX AND ACTIVATE 1755 MP, AND LATER 1776 TOO, OF COURSE. I WILL NEED EVERYBODY S HELP, THOUGH.
PLEASE EVERYBODY, PLAY ALSO "CUSTOM BATTLES"......SOME SURPRISE ARE THERE..............LET S SEE WHO WILL FIND THEM FIRST!!
THX NELSY, SMART QUESTION!!
CIAO GAB
ps: I am so happy you post here.....reminds me of "old times", when I was just posting in AoFI and similar mods.

I have been playing this mod for 4 weeks and it became my favourite SP mod. The units, the weapons, the music and the whole atmosphere. All is awesome! I have not play a better mod until now. I have to thank GABRILDURO and his team a lot. And because this mod is so awesome, i think it is my duty to become a supporter.  :mrgreen:

so I´ll introduce myself: name: Damian, age: 15, country: Germany

ps: sorry for my bad english  :roll:

this is one of the best SP musket mods around and has alot of potential and is already very good and i can tell that while im still downloading it i cant wait to play it my names Callum and im 15 and i live in the UK  :smile:

CIAO A TUTTI RAGAZZI!!!
THX FOR UP ABOVE POSTS, WE WILL TRY TO ANSWER TO YOU ALL!!!
PLEASE I ASK YOU ONE FAVOUR:
I MADE A 1755 TOPIC, AS MANY OF YOU ASKED
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157351.0.html
I WILL TRY TO MOVE SOME OF YOUR POSTS THERE.
PLS POST THERE FROM NOW ON, THX.
ABOUT 1776, KEEP ON POSTING HERE, OK?
THX A LOT!!
CIAO GAB

i dont know if this is right place to post a  bug report but here it is. :grin:
the game works fine until the second or third time i try to by armour. then it says runtime error and game crashes.
i would try to fix it myself but im only 11 and no good at anything technical.
i have an around 3 year old HP Pavilion and got game on Steam
i have version 1.134.
THANKS A LOT! :grin: :grin: :grin:

asterix 2010 said:
i dont know if this is right place to post a  bug report but here it is. :grin:
the game works fine until the second or third time i try to by armour. then it says runtime error and game crashes.
i would try to fix it myself but im only 11 and no good at anything technical.
i have an around 3 year old HP Pavilion and got game on Steam
i have version 1.134.
THANKS A LOT! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Hello there!!
Do not worry, if you are eleven years old I will answer to you. :grin: :grin:
Read all the instructions that we gave, up above and in the download section:

FOR ANYBODY HAVING CRASHING PROBLEMS:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136401.msg3324643.html#msg3324643
That link is to the message in the Brytenwalda forum that describes a couple ways the game may crash and possible solutions for them.
DO NOT BOTHER IDIBIL OR BRYTENWALDA TEAM THERE BECAUSE 1755 IS NOT THEIR MOD. CONTACT MY TEAM AT 1755 TOPIC LINK

ABOUT THE PATCH:
-ALWAYS SAVE AN OLD COPY FIRST, SO YOU CAN TRY STEP BY STEP IN CASE THINGS GO WRONG.
-DID YOU START A NEW GAME?
-DID YOU COPY AND PASTE ALL 4 .txt FILES AND OVERWRITE OLD ONES?
-DID YOU COPY AND PASTE THE SCENES FILES AND OVERWRITE OLD ONES?
(a guy told me he just replaced old "SceneObj" folder with 1755 Patch new one. That is wrong, because all the other scenes will be missing)

ALAN SUGGESTIONS:
-did your warband updated to version 1134? because this mod for warband version 1134
-go to the configure in the first main menu and turn off the load textures on demand

shadow quality set to low
texture detail set to 60
in video option HDR set to off
antialiasing :2X
shader quality : medium
grass density : 0
realistic shadow on plant : none
tree detail : low
tree degrade distance : 25
character shadow detail : low
number of corpses : 10
dynamic lighting: off
character shadows : off
environment shadows : off
try to use game booster v.2.1 program to improve the game performance.

Next time, if you need something for 1755, please post here:

Ok? :grin: :grin:
CIAO our little friend!!
Gabrilduro

awesome thanks i didn't know that you had to copy/ paste the files or whatever. i will do that i will also make sure that i post any more bugs in the forum i should post them in
this is a very good mod and i cant wait for the 1776 mod to come out (if it isn't already)
CIAO
PS. also how do you get signatures i want 1 1755 one but don't know how to get them

Hello GABRILDURO,

I hope i can still become part of the supporters even if my signature space limit is already completly full hehe (too many good mods around ! :smile: ) This said i'm looking forward to this project, which i discovered recently (still discovering 1755)

I'm 31, and comes from France (paris)

I'm now going in patience mod and i'm sure this musket mod will give me hours of play :wink:
Thanks !

Len said:
First Class link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136401.msg3324643.html#msg3324643

Thank You Gabrilduro and Alan no more crashes.
The mod looks fantastic. Keep up the Great work.
You're welcome.. :wink:
dont forget to always update your VGA driver with the latest vga driver update
nvidia : http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
ATI : http://ati.amd.com/SUPPORT/DRIVER.HTML

CIAO A TUTTI RAGAZZI!!!
THX FOR UP ABOVE POSTS, WE WILL TRY TO ANSWER TO YOU ALL!!!
PLEASE I ASK YOU ONE FAVOUR:
I MADE A 1755 TOPIC, AS MANY OF YOU ASKED
I WILL TRY TO MOVE SOME OF YOUR POSTS THERE.
PLS POST THERE FROM NOW ON, THX.
ABOUT 1776, KEEP ON POSTING HERE, OK?
THX A LOT!!
CIAO GAB

Bearskull21 said:
poomtang said:
What I have in mind is to make a variety of civilian dress coats in different colours, with different style hats and footware, such as buckeled shoes, gaiters, both black and white, boots and a mix and match of accoutrements. I would think that these models would be the first stage of the troop tree for the rebels, before they turn into continental army soldiers after gaining some experience. Anyway mate, I'm finding it very difficult getting detailed information of Tarleton's dragoons in particular the uniform piping and button colours of the private soldier, if you could dig up something for me along those lines with good clear illustrations I'd be very greatful.

Thanks

Chris

I like this idea, a mix of civilian and frontier wear can comprise the uniform of any partisan or militia troops. However as far as the American or Continental troop tree, I believe that militia should not even be the first step of that tree. Militia, partisans and continentals marched under different commanding officers. I believe some kind of "American" or "Continental" Recruit could be a starting point for the Rebel Army, and in addition that could be the mix and match uniforms that you were speaking about. But the Partisans and the guerrillas should be considered different than the recruits and the minutemen militia. And I will surely try to dig up something, as Im sure Auld will as well, on Tareltons dragoons...Hes a particular interest of mine, as he was defeated by Daniel Morgan at Cowpens, with the help of the guerrillas of Andrew Pickens...Sorry to ramble.

Bear

How about being able to recruit guerillas/minutemen, and the like, from villages and then the more professional "Militia" or regular units of the troop tree only be accessable by means from recruiting from Cities? Like what the developers did for The Eagle and the Radiant Cross.

Herr_Lindstrom said:
Bearskull21 said:
poomtang said:
What I have in mind is to make a variety of civilian dress coats in different colours, with different style hats and footware, such as buckeled shoes, gaiters, both black and white, boots and a mix and match of accoutrements. I would think that these models would be the first stage of the troop tree for the rebels, before they turn into continental army soldiers after gaining some experience. Anyway mate, I'm finding it very difficult getting detailed information of Tarleton's dragoons in particular the uniform piping and button colours of the private soldier, if you could dig up something for me along those lines with good clear illustrations I'd be very greatful.

Thanks

Chris

I like this idea, a mix of civilian and frontier wear can comprise the uniform of any partisan or militia troops. However as far as the American or Continental troop tree, I believe that militia should not even be the first step of that tree. Militia, partisans and continentals marched under different commanding officers. I believe some kind of "American" or "Continental" Recruit could be a starting point for the Rebel Army, and in addition that could be the mix and match uniforms that you were speaking about. But the Partisans and the guerrillas should be considered different than the recruits and the minutemen militia. And I will surely try to dig up something, as Im sure Auld will as well, on Tareltons dragoons...Hes a particular interest of mine, as he was defeated by Daniel Morgan at Cowpens, with the help of the guerrillas of Andrew Pickens...Sorry to ramble.

Bear

How about being able to recruit guerillas/minutemen, and the like, from villages and then the more professional "Militia" or regular units of the troop tree only be accessable by means from recruiting from Cities? Like what the developers did for The Eagle and the Radiant Cross.

I like the idea. Considering that not many of the swamp running partisans ever came from the cities, having them recruited out on the frontier, or in the small towns outside of the cities is ideal. The concept is solid, the major recruiting stations for the Continental Army were the cities anyway, as the guerrilla units comprised of men from the country. The Tavern at the City or some kind of "enlistment" center could be written in, as well as "Inns" for the villages. Forts are also ideal places for adding an ability to recruit regulars, it presents the possibility of having a "Recruit Regulars" or "Recruit Militia" and the like. Running with this concept from Lindstrom many simple ideas that could make the game great can be taken off this. Not only is it accurate but it makes the game interesting.

Bear

OK all team members should now have the final British Grenadier and the first of the Continental Army soldiers, there's been some changes to the Grenadier, so make sure you delete the last one. The models are rigged, so you don't need to mess on with them to get them in game, been a bit pushed for time this week, but should be able to get the officers and flags for both sets of models out to you in a day or so. Also, to get the wigs to work that are needed for the hats and bearskin caps you have to give the OBJ files the same name, for example, hat_1 would be the hat and also the wig that you want to use, would use the same name. Hope this makes sense.

regards

Chris

I like the idea. Considering that not many of the swamp running partisans ever came from the cities, having them recruited out on the frontier, or in the small towns outside of the cities is ideal. The concept is solid, the major recruiting stations for the Continental Army were the cities anyway, as the guerrilla units comprised of men from the country. The Tavern at the City or some kind of "enlistment" center could be written in, as well as "Inns" for the villages. Forts are also ideal places for adding an ability to recruit regulars, it presents the possibility of having a "Recruit Regulars" or "Recruit Militia" and the like. Running with this concept from Lindstrom many simple ideas that could make the game great can be taken off this. Not only is it accurate but it makes the game interesting.

Bear
[/quote]

I know in Europe 1200 Mod it is possible to recruit in castles so I don't see why for 1776 we can't add that for recruitment in forts. It might be too late to implement in 1755 but should certainly be considered for 1776.

I like the idea of including Tarleton and some Loyalist forces in the 1776 mod as well. It will add some spice! Do we need some images of Tarleton and his men? As well as Tory units? There was a ferocious war in the countryside away from the main battles between Continentals and Redcoats that involved partisans of both King and Congress and was very savage. You could probably comment better on this Bear.

Hi Auldman, information on the uniform of the British Legion, or (Taleton's men) is hard to come by, I can't find anything definite about what they acutally wore, so I hope you be able to dig something up, the models are finished, just need to work the textures a bit. Here's a sneak preview of some work in progress.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/self.aspx/New%20album15/openBrf%202011-02-08%2018-38-27-12.bmp

Auldman said:

Bear

I know in Europe 1200 Mod it is possible to recruit in castles so I don't see why for 1776 we can't add that for recruitment in forts. It might be too late to implement in 1755 but should certainly be considered for 1776.

I like the idea of including Tarleton and some Loyalist forces in the 1776 mod as well. It will add some spice! Do we need some images of Tarleton and his men? As well as Tory units? There was a ferocious war in the countryside away from the main battles between Continentals and Redcoats that involved partisans of both King and Congress and was very savage. You could probably comment better on this Bear.
[/quote]

Auld,

I agree, loyalist troops would be a great and necessary bolster to the game. One way to do this is to take whatever "Continental Militia" or "Patriot Guerrilla" and make it into "Loyalist Militia" or "Loyalist Guerrilla." As to regular Units, there was a British Loyalist unit called The Queens Rangers, which were the successor of Rogers Rangers within the British army. There is also the Kings Royal Regiment out of New York, and Butlers Rangers that saw action in the North all the way out to Ohio. There is also the American Legion, created and commanded by the turncoat Benedict Arnold, which was another light raiding unit. There are several more battalions of Loyalists troops, most of which would be considered "Provincial Regiments" by the Crown, they would be dressed in a similar red coat, but the rangers were usually dressed in green, and the militia in blacks, browns and grays of their own choosing. Simcoe who commanded the Queens Rangers in America actually defied an order by the the king to make all his men wear red, Simcoe said that it was stupid, and kept the men green.

Bear

ps...this might help with the legion as well... http://www.mersey.ca/tarleton.html

poomtang said:
Hi Auldman, information on the uniform of the British Legion, or (Taleton's men) is hard to come by, I can't find anything definite about what they acutally wore, so I hope you be able to dig something up, the models are finished, just need to work the textures a bit. Here's a sneak preview of some work in progress.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/self.aspx/New%20album15/openBrf%202011-02-08%2018-38-27-12.bmp

Here are some things and this is a very obscure unit. The cavalry arm seems to be better documented than the infantry. I include images of the dragoons and then a link to a page where the best available information on the uniform is discussed:

images

images

http://home.golden.net/~marg/bansite/backgnd/legionuniforms.html

Bearskull21 said:
Auld,

I agree, loyalist troops would be a great and necessary bolster to the game. One way to do this is to take whatever "Continental Militia" or "Patriot Guerrilla" and make it into "Loyalist Militia" or "Loyalist Guerrilla." As to regular Units, there was a British Loyalist unit called The Queens Rangers, which were the successor of Rogers Rangers within the British army. There is also the Kings Royal Regiment out of New York, and Butlers Rangers that saw action in the North all the way out to Ohio. There is also the American Legion, created and commanded by the turncoat Benedict Arnold, which was another light raiding unit. There are several more battalions of Loyalists troops, most of which would be considered "Provincial Regiments" by the Crown, they would be dressed in a similar red coat, but the rangers were usually dressed in green, and the militia in blacks, browns and grays of their own choosing. Simcoe who commanded the Queens Rangers in America actually defied an order by the the king to make all his men wear red, Simcoe said that it was stupid, and kept the men green.

Bear

ps...this might help with the legion as well... http://www.mersey.ca/tarleton.html

Thanks Bear! My suggestion would be to include two Loyalist options in the troop tree alongside Loyalist militia and that would be Tarleton's dragoons and infantry from the Queens Rangers and that should be sufficient to represent the Tory's in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom