<<<<< DOWNLOAD >>>>>> -Main Topic- +POLL

PLEASE ANSWER: What did you like more in 1755 Old Frontier? (thx to all of you!!!)

• The flora and panoramas, forests, rivers

Votes: 232 11.5%
  • The sounds of people and battles

Votes: 234 11.6%
  • The music

Votes: 148 7.3%
  • The indians

Votes: 342 16.9%
  • The european troops

Votes: 801 39.7%
  • I cannot decide. I love all that mix!

Votes: 699 34.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the latest American rebel, might be able to post some more shots later today of Tarleton's dragoons and Philidelphia Light Horse models.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/self.aspx/New%20album15/openBrf%202011-02-03%2016-10-55-95.bmp

1776 Notes

I was thinking of some units that would be good for the Rebel Mod, Alan if you would like either my help or Auld's for what they would look like if you do not already know Im sure we would be more than happy to help...

American Units (not so good w/ Brits)

Lee's Legion: Light, fast cavalry almost used in militia style, and fast moving rifle armed foot.

2nd South Carolina: Guerrillas in every sense, commanded by Francis Marion the Swamp Fox.

1st Delaware Infantry: Fought in every major Mid Atlantic battle and some north, very formidable.

11th Virginia Regiment: Under Daniel Morgan, consisted of both line and "Morgans Rifle Regiment"

2nd Continental Dragoons: One of the most famous, commanded by Washington's Cousin.

There are a few more, I figure Id offer up as many as are important and let everyone weed through them. There are more that I think would be cool including Washingtons Guard, and the Maryland and Virginia Infantries, and Pennsylvania Rifles...But thats me being a history hot-head so take what you guys want and me or Auld will tell you what they should look like.

Bear

poomtang said:
Here's the latest American rebel, might be able to post some more shots later today of Tarleton's dragoons and Philidelphia Light Horse models.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/self.aspx/New%20album15/openBrf%202011-02-03%2016-10-55-95.bmp

Also this looks great...Do you think you could take something like the militia uniform in Frontier, and the Long Black Coat, and make some kind of "Partisan" uniform? If you do that, then any militia unit, rifleman or guerrilla can be dressed accordingly and it could make things easier. Just a suggestion, the uniforms looks amazing.

What I have in mind is to make a variety of civilian dress coats in different colours, with different style hats and footware, such as buckeled shoes, gaiters, both black and white, boots and a mix and match of accoutrements. I would think that these models would be the first stage of the troop tree for the rebels, before they turn into continental army soldiers after gaining some experience. Anyway mate, I'm finding it very difficult getting detailed information of Tarleton's dragoons in particular the uniform piping and button colours of the private soldier, if you could dig up something for me along those lines with good clear illustrations I'd be very greatful.

Thanks

Chris

Bearskull21 said:
1776 Notes

I was thinking of some units that would be good for the Rebel Mod, Alan if you would like either my help or Auld's for what they would look like if you do not already know Im sure we would be more than happy to help...

American Units (not so good w/ Brits)

Lee's Legion: Light, fast cavalry almost used in militia style, and fast moving rifle armed foot.

2nd South Carolina: Guerrillas in every sense, commanded by Francis Marion the Swamp Fox.

1st Delaware Infantry: Fought in every major Mid Atlantic battle and some north, very formidable.

11th Virginia Regiment: Under Daniel Morgan, consisted of both line and "Morgans Rifle Regiment"

2nd Continental Dragoons: One of the most famous, commanded by Washington's Cousin.

There are a few more, I figure Id offer up as many as are important and let everyone weed through them. There are more that I think would be cool including Washingtons Guard, and the Maryland and Virginia Infantries, and Pennsylvania Rifles...But thats me being a history hot-head so take what you guys want and me or Auld will tell you what they should look like.

Bear

These are great suggestions Alan from Bear. I thought to suggest the Pennsylvania Rifles but being from the Philly region and having already suggested the Philadelphia Light Horse I didn't want to be too partial to my region haha! But those others Bear suggested are very worthy!

poomtang said:
What I have in mind is to make a variety of civilian dress coats in different colours, with different style hats and footware, such as buckeled shoes, gaiters, both black and white, boots and a mix and match of accoutrements. I would think that these models would be the first stage of the troop tree for the rebels, before they turn into continental army soldiers after gaining some experience. Anyway mate, I'm finding it very difficult getting detailed information of Tarleton's dragoons in particular the uniform piping and button colours of the private soldier, if you could dig up something for me along those lines with good clear illustrations I'd be very greatful.Thanks Chris
GOOD. I SEE YOU AND BEAR ARE GETTING ALONG WELL. I KNEW BEAR WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY USEFUL TO TEAM. :grin:
AND I AM HAPPY TO SEE YOU ARE OPEN TO COMPROMISE AND NOT BEING TOO PICKY.
AULD WILL COMMENT SOME MORE TO YOU ABOUT YOUR GOOD SUGGESTIONS.
CHRIS THX FOR THE CONTINUOS ENERGY YOU HAVE IN PRODUCING NEW ITEMS! :grin: :grin:
CIAO GAB

GABRILDURO said:
-Mitchell- said:
i love this mod! thank you GABRILDURO and all who contributed in the making!!  :cool:
THX. WELCOME AS OUR SUPPORTER!!
PS DID YOU "PATCH" 1755?
IS IT RUNNING OK??

yep ive patched and i have no problems at all! cant wait for 1776  :mrgreen:

yeah it works fine.
suggestion: the battle should continue after I die. I don't want to lose every battle so i must stay behing like a coward while my troops are having fun killing enemies :sad: that's unfair :cry:

Well, i played this mod almoust an hour and have a few suggestions:
1.Very high stas and skills, that have player & NPC's, it's making game less interesting
2.Imbalance armor - indians have heads and bodies with 40 armor, while europian troops have uniforms with 14 body armor and tricornes with 6 head armor
3.Flame for looted village looks to big. I like, that is bigger than in native, but not so
4. Muskets and rifles, that can be use in horseback and reload while moving - IMHO, it's not correct
And, of course, thank to all of you for the work, done on this mod.It looks great

just a suggestion, to add British, American, French even some Native American type banner's in the future would be awesome. not sure if that is already in the works  :cool: and maybe some music?

poomtang said:
What I have in mind is to make a variety of civilian dress coats in different colours, with different style hats and footware, such as buckeled shoes, gaiters, both black and white, boots and a mix and match of accoutrements. I would think that these models would be the first stage of the troop tree for the rebels, before they turn into continental army soldiers after gaining some experience. Anyway mate, I'm finding it very difficult getting detailed information of Tarleton's dragoons in particular the uniform piping and button colours of the private soldier, if you could dig up something for me along those lines with good clear illustrations I'd be very greatful.

Thanks

Chris

I like this idea, a mix of civilian and frontier wear can comprise the uniform of any partisan or militia troops. However as far as the American or Continental troop tree, I believe that militia should not even be the first step of that tree. Militia, partisans and continentals marched under different commanding officers. I believe some kind of "American" or "Continental" Recruit could be a starting point for the Rebel Army, and in addition that could be the mix and match uniforms that you were speaking about. But the Partisans and the guerrillas should be considered different than the recruits and the minutemen militia. And I will surely try to dig up something, as Im sure Auld will as well, on Tareltons dragoons...Hes a particular interest of mine, as he was defeated by Daniel Morgan at Cowpens, with the help of the guerrillas of Andrew Pickens...Sorry to ramble.

Bear

I'm just gonna say, that after downloading this mod and trying it out. I can say that I have been happinessed with the force of 1000 burning suns.

Goddamnit, this mod is fantastic!!

I wish to become a supporter, so i'll introduce myself:

Name: Matt, Age: 17, Country: Australia

I really do thank Gab and all the other members of the team for creating this mod, I loved Brytenwalda and this mod is a great addition to that mod in terms of large scale new world-space mods. I love the melee option with the rifles and pistols, it adds a new system of realisms to it...

But yeah, I really do love this mod and I am very greatful to all the team for creating something that I and others have gotten hours of enjoyment from!

Chris:

I just found this online, it may be a little bit of help.

http://home.golden.net/~marg/bansite/backgnd/legionuniforms.html

Bear

First Class link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136401.msg3324643.html#msg3324643

Thank You Gabrilduro and Alan no more crashes.
The mod looks fantastic. Keep up the Great work.

thank you team for the quick and helpfull respond about the game crushing. now it seems to work much better and i can actually finish few battles  :mrgreen: . now i can really begin to enjoy this fantastic mod. i do get once in a while a runtime error. i will try to follow it and see if i can define when it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom