<<<<< DOWNLOAD >>>>>> -Main Topic- +POLL

PLEASE ANSWER: What did you like more in 1755 Old Frontier? (thx to all of you!!!)

• The flora and panoramas, forests, rivers

Votes: 232 11.5%
  • The sounds of people and battles

Votes: 234 11.6%
  • The music

Votes: 148 7.3%
  • The indians

Votes: 342 16.9%
  • The european troops

Votes: 801 39.7%
  • I cannot decide. I love all that mix!

Votes: 699 34.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobuald GrimEye said:
It will make SENSE if you will READ First post in 1755:Old Frontier thread, it's so funny

How dare you sir!  *slaps Kobuald across the face.

*fixes glove and walks away.

GABRILDURO said:
John Felton said:
Are you going to put some type of wooden forts in game? I mean that was common at 18th century, Generals and leaders built forts at important locations and kept the enemy out.
In Empire Total War, I built a series of wooden forts on the roads connecting north to the south of America. I garrisoned them with so much tactical dispositions that the enemy army had to pass from desert and not on roads.
CIAO FELTON,
IF YOU LL JOIN TO BE A 1755 SUPPORTER, YOU LL SEE IN A SHORT TIME A HUGE NUMBER OF FORTS, FROM SMALLEST (like in Alan s link) TO BIGGEST.
THEN WE WILL TURN THEM IN 1776.
ALSO MANY BEAUTIFUL OLD BRYTENWALDA ONES WILL REMAIN.
AWAITING YOU ON 1755 AS A SUPPORTER, TOO
CIAO!!
GAB

Thank you. I'll always support this mod with all my might, no matter where I will be or in what condition. :razz:

Wow, Kobauld! It's just a game, not even worth getting upset about to that extent or any extent for that matter, there's no need coming here and insulting people. We need to contact a moderator and get you banned. Anyway, ignor him and crack on with the mod, if he doesn't like it, he can lump it and go away.

Tarleton's dragoons and infantry soldiers should be ready by the end of today, I'll post out the SMD's and DDS files at some point to all team members. Oh and Gabi, there's been a few guys contacting me, asking to be BETA testers and I've also sent them some models, it would be good to have some constructive feedback and critisism, so it might be an idea to recuit a few BETA testers for the mod and feed them models to play with as they become available, so they can pick out any bugs. Might be worth asking for volunteers.

Bearskull and Tom(Auld) can you confirm the uniform of the Tarleton infantry, I can't find anything on them, they are even more obscure than the dragoons, cheers!

Chris

If you think im upset, you are terribly wrong.
Im really ice cold , and please don't say about offending (or at least give one example), im not telling anyone to "suck your mother's ****" like one of your modders do.
Maybe try to have some more distance to yourself and any critics around, even for some hard critics, if you want You can ban me, it will be nothing extraordinary as this site is
very well known in modders world for it's ban for nothing, love politics.
I don't care i have 8 other computers to post. But like You said it is not worth of it.
Just to end this argue, i must say good luck.
You can think what you want it's a free world, but keep in mind that attitude is just lame.
And try to at least finish some basic feautures like character names, dialog lines and so on before making another copy&paste mod.

poomtang said:
Wow, Kobauld! It's just a game, not even worth getting upset about to that extent or any extent for that matter, there's no need coming here and insulting people. We need to contact a moderator and get you banned. Anyway, ignor him and crack on with the mod, if he doesn't like it, he can lump it and go away.

Tarleton's dragoons and infantry soldiers should be ready by the end of today, I'll post out the SMD's and DDS files at some point to all team members. Oh and Gabi, there's been a few guys contacting me, asking to be BETA testers and I've also sent them some models, it would be good to have some constructive feedback and critisism, so it might be an idea to recuit a few BETA testers for the mod and feed them models to play with as they become available, so they can pick out any bugs. Might be worth asking for volunteers.

Bearskull and Tom(Auld) can you confirm the uniform of the Tarleton infantry, I can't find anything on them, they are even more obscure than the dragoons, cheers!

Chris

Chris, I posted some info in links about Tarleton's infantry a few pages back. The rum of it is not much is known for certain about the exact uniform of Tarleton's foot. Best are educated guesses based on scant testimony from the period and that they probably matched the dragoon (with the tricorne instead of the dragoon helmet). I'll see if I can dig up those links again. Hold on...

Here Chris:

http://home.golden.net/~marg/bansite/backgnd/legionuniforms.html

"There is considerably more argument among modern historians and re-enactors about the details of the infantry uniform. Carman quotes the only two contemporary descriptions of them which I have encountered:

"The issue of March 1782 for clothing was described as 'Green Light Infantry Coats & Jackets, Black Collar & Cuffs & white Breeches'" and another from "Rivington's Army List" for 1783: "British Legion Infantry -- Short Coat, Green with Same Lappel, Variety Button hole & Black Cuff and Collar."7
I have encountered speculation that the Legion infantry may have worn red jackets at some point, but I could find no documentation to support this theory, and so can say nothing about it."

Harvestr555 said:
wow, simply amazing guys. First 1755 and now this...i dont even know what to say...youve made my american history loving day. Thanks for the all great work, i cant wait to get to test this one out.  :grin:
Hallo to you and thx for compliments.
Welcome in our bunch!! :grin:
Impara giocando in italian means play&learn :wink: :grin: :grin:

Thanks for the help Tom, I'll adjust the tarleton infantry soldiers, they'll have white trousers and tricorns as soon as I can get round to it. Anyway here's the latest stuff, the Tarleton Dragoons are finished, and we know that they are quite accurate, a bit busy this weekend so, it might be Monday before I can distrobute them. Here you go, here's a couple of screenshots.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/self.aspx/New%20album15/openBrf%202011-02-08%2018-38-27-12.bmp

poomtang said:
Thanks for the help Tom, I'll adjust the tarleton infantry soldiers, they'll have white trousers and tricorns as soon as I can get round to it. Anyway here's the latest stuff, the Tarleton Dragoons are finished, and we know that they are quite accurate, a bit busy this weekend so, it might be Monday before I can distrobute them. Here you go, here's a couple of screenshots.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/self.aspx/New%20album15/openBrf%202011-02-08%2018-38-27-12.bmp

They look grand Chris!

poomtang said:
......I PROBABLY....oh sorry, sbdy could get offended if I use caps...he heh
I probably told you already, more then once, but believe me, I couldnt find a better and more qualified modeller for troops of American Revolution, then you!!!

A hip hip hurray for our british Poomtang, guys!! BRAVO!!! (uuups, again...)
Ciao Chris
Gab :wink:

olliewilliams01 said:
can someone bring the banhammer down on this *******?
edit: back to the mod, yall need another beta tester? I helped out with the revolution mod for m&b original, so yeah i might be able to help out here, or with research.
did I already say this? if so, my bad
edit2: GABRILDURO, I know caps lock is cruise control for cool, but whenever I read a post it feels like your yelling at me.... its hurting my feelings... :sad:
jk, but lowercase would be nice if ya dont mind
Sorry, tender/delicate blue eyed friend!!! Is this better?? ha ha ha JK me too!!
Hey I did answer to you, look in the other page.

oooh ok i copied 4 ya! :grin: look:
Quote from: marchal davout on February 09, 2011, 10:32:43 PM
is this a starwars mod?

I don't even know how to respond to this.... I mean I want to flame the hell out of him, but I just cannot comprehend how anyone could think that a mod named "1776 American Revolution" could be about starwars, and subsequently do not know the right words to use to offend him.
[/quote]
That was my reaction...I didnt know what to say...
[/quote]
its blowing my mind..... I mean it just seems too stupid to be a troll...... stupid isn't even the right word for it, I mean.... it's like someone asking if you can use an xbox as a toaster..... that's not even a good analogy, but I can't think of a better one at the moment.
[/quote]
HA HA HA HA HA ........    THAT WAS A GOOD ANALOGY, ACTUALLY!!!!   
THAT HAD TO BE JUST A JOKE, ANYWAY. AND A CLEAN, INNOCENT ONE.
I LOVE HOW CLEAN AND BEHAVED THE ATHMOSPHERE IS ON OUR TOPICS. ISN IT GUYS??
THIS IS WHAT I MEANT WITH A RESTRICTED MOD FOR SUPPORTERS. 
I HAPPENED TO VISIT SOME OTHERS AND READ SWEARING, INSULTING......BAH!
I M VERY HAPPY WITH ALL YOU GUYS, I SEND A BIIIG HUG TO ALL OF YOU.

Bearskull21, YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB, MATE.
HOPE YOU ARE TAKING A NOTE OF ALL INTERESTING THINGS YOU ALL SAY, FOR ME TO SEE WHAT CAN BE MADE IN 1776 (and apply it in 1755, sometimes). I ASK TOM (auldman) AND YOU TO PUT DOWN A TROOP TREE AND GENERAL IDEAS ON HOW TO TRANSFORM BRYT IN 1776.
WE WILL SEND YOU OUR LAST TEAM MAILS AND FROM NOW ON, I WILL INCLUDE YOU IN THEM, AS WE DECIDED
PLS ASK KINDLY TO GENTLEMEN UP ABOVE TO DELETE POSTS WITH BIG PICS, POSTED OVER AND OVER!!! IT TAKES ALL THE SPACE 
CIAO GAB
PLS DO NOT SEND PM TO ME. I STILL GET A TONS. REALLY, PLEASE!!
1776 IS STILL NOT PLAYABLE, SO GUYS PLS DO NOT ASK FOR IT BEFORE.....MARCH 2011, OK?

is this a starwars mod?

Yeh sorry about that. It was stupid but this guy, what he said was just uncalled for.

marchal davout said:
is this a starwars mod?
Yeh sorry about that. It was stupid but this guy, what he said was just uncalled for.
Hah look who is here!
ciao, but still do not get what you mean. Which "guy"? :eek:

i thought i'm supporter if i try find bugs and faults in your mod , i think everyone who loves that game and yours mod is supporter
by the way
1) one of english lords BOYAR MLEZA has different uniform ,looks like spanish officer nice uniform
2) by WATOGO TOWN some farmers and COUNT FALSEVOR party they stuck /are blocked in the same place since week , they cant move probably this happend only for me -no worries then :smile:
3) elite unit of wild frontier : COURIERS have no melee weapon at all same like caravan guard in previous versions of that mod and after MELEE order they standing and dyin like idiots
4) wild frontier indians or fighters after upgrade to indian scouts they are worst shooters
5) there is something wrong with RIFLED MUSKET ,companions carry them like :
http://img829.imageshack.us/i/mb16c.jpg/
and...
ADVICE FOR PLAYERS :
IF YOU TRYIN CONQUER VENANGO TOWN AND YOUR SOLDIERS STUCK ON THE SHIPS GO ON THE BEACH AND RUN YOUR HERO LEEEEEFT AND RIGHT FEW TIMES AND CHANGE ORDERS
FOLLOW ME AND ATTACK , FLLOW ME ATTACK , STAND GROUND , THEY SHOULD LEAVE THE SHIPS ( FEW WILL DIE ), THEN ATTACK WALLS ,
CONQUER THAT TOWN - THIS IS ****IN MADNESS  :evil: ,but good idea with destructable doors !! thx boys 

Thanks,

here's some more stuff for the mod this time Philidelphia Light Horse Dragoons, still got a fair bit of work with these, just not too sure about the helmet, any comments Bear and Tom, try and dig up a bit more info on the helmets thanks

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom