<<<<< DOWNLOAD >>>>>> -Main Topic- +POLL

PLEASE ANSWER: What did you like more in 1755 Old Frontier? (thx to all of you!!!)

• The flora and panoramas, forests, rivers

Votes: 232 11.5%
  • The sounds of people and battles

Votes: 234 11.6%
  • The music

Votes: 148 7.3%
  • The indians

Votes: 342 16.9%
  • The european troops

Votes: 801 39.7%
  • I cannot decide. I love all that mix!

Votes: 699 34.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auld

Very true, 2 units is enough for them, they did not have the influence that the Patriot partisan bands had. I would agree with your choices.

Bear

These Queens Rangers Hussars are quite striking! We all know how we love Cavalry!

Queens_Rangers_Hussars.jpg

qhussar.jpg

http://schools.tdsb.on.ca/jarvisci/history/rangers.htm

http://www.oldgloryprints.com/Queens%20Rangers%20Hussars.htm

Since I'll more than likely play as Great Britain I'll enjoy playing with these and maybe with the uniform!

They are impressive, but the make up was not just of Ranger Hussars. There were 4 units of rifle, 1 of grenadier, and 1 hussar. They can literally use the same attire as Rogers Rangers, as he was partially responsible for their formation.

Thanks guys, help much appreciated, I'll crack on with the Tarleton's Dragoons, have to agree with Bear, two militia groups should be enough for the American Loyalists, Tarleton's Dragoons should be one and maybe  some Queen's Ranger infantry. What did they look like, the Queen's Ranger infantry I mean?

poomtang said:
Thanks guys, help much appreciated, I'll crack on with the Tarleton's Dragoons, have to agree with Bear, two militia groups should be enough for the American Loyalists, Tarleton's Dragoons should be one and maybe  some Queen's Ranger infantry. What did they look like, the Queen's Ranger infantry I mean?

2bxfn7.jpg

Rogers Ranger style with white trousers and a sort of feather plume hat...not bad.

Bearskull21 said:
poomtang said:

2bxfn7.jpg

Rogers Ranger style with white trousers and a sort of feather plume hat...not bad.

Spiffy!

Auldman said:
Bearskull21 said:
Auld,

I agree, loyalist troops would be a great and necessary bolster to the game. One way to do this is to take whatever "Continental Militia" or "Patriot Guerrilla" and make it into "Loyalist Militia" or "Loyalist Guerrilla." As to regular Units, there was a British Loyalist unit called The Queens Rangers, which were the successor of Rogers Rangers within the British army. There is also the Kings Royal Regiment out of New York, and Butlers Rangers that saw action in the North all the way out to Ohio. There is also the American Legion, created and commanded by the turncoat Benedict Arnold, which was another light raiding unit. There are several more battalions of Loyalists troops, most of which would be considered "Provincial Regiments" by the Crown, they would be dressed in a similar red coat, but the rangers were usually dressed in green, and the militia in blacks, browns and grays of their own choosing. Simcoe who commanded the Queens Rangers in America actually defied an order by the the king to make all his men wear red, Simcoe said that it was stupid, and kept the men green.

Bear

ps...this might help with the legion as well... http://www.mersey.ca/tarleton.html

Thanks Bear! My suggestion would be to include two Loyalist options in the troop tree alongside Loyalist militia and that would be Tarleton's dragoons and infantry from the Queens Rangers and that should be sufficient to represent the Tory's in the game.

these idea's sound great. I cant wait  :mrgreen:

Ah, those screenshots are from Empire: Total War!!

ETW is my favorite game! And I play it daily, so I easily recognized the pictures.

Heh, yes they are. I also noted alot of the signatures are from last of the mohicans, but theres this commentary, IF I can get a good pic of it...

Captain Drunk said:
will you be adding Provisional Rifle Corps  commanded by    Colonel Daniel Morgan

There are a lot of Rifle Corps in the mix right now for the Continentals, I suggested the 11th Virginia Regiment, which had a rifle unit, and was commanded by Morgan. So it could be something like...11th Virginia Rifleman, or 11th Virginia Regular.

I can post some screenshots from Empire Total War as a sample. Then if you want, I will give you some more to be used as loading screens and signatures.

Mongol?? i want to become Mel Gibson at the Patriot! Notice i got 2 rifle?  :lol: i try to use 3 rifle.. but it appears that the battle become much longer because of the slow loading speed..

Btw, mongol history is one of my favorite.. i have 2 thick books about that.. 

Hey guys! I love the 1755 mod, and I wanted to try this one, but I couldn't find a download section, is it not out yet, or am I just bad at looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom