Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

Would I be able to use this tool to open native warband 3D meshes?
I would like to do a low poly 1996 style blocky mesh characters, armor, swords and terrain.
Cause I'd like to play the game on my netbook with Intel GMA 3150..
Would it be possible or is it a stupid idea?

You could use this to replace the base meshes with a copy of their lods (the lower poly models shown at long range). Though it would take ages as you'd have to do them all individually afaik.

kraggrim said:
You could use this to replace the base meshes with a copy of their lods (the lower poly models shown at long range). Though it would take ages as you'd have to do them all individually afaik.

Thank you very much..
when I have time i'll check it out

After than I enter my static mesh,I saw this error:Error reading custom shader:0(5):error C0204: version directive must be statement and may not be repeated.  How can I fix this error?

anyone got a good working version for warband i keep getting error 0x000007b click ok to close the app

and when i checked the dependency of the app is all crapy almost all of the dll files that it depend on are 64bits (while it seems like it needs 32bit)and i don't have the time to replace more then 50 or even 100+dll thanks in advance by the way the old versions worked perfectly !

thanks imado552

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gl3a9f

even older: http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/1466/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmountandblade%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D1466&pUp=1

Why when I play animations, the animations play only on a feminized mode, It's to hard to mix feminized parts with armors I wont feminize yet. I want to preview walking animation and feminized walking animation of same armor.

Hello!

How do I export a rigged file? I don't seem to have the option, I'm only able to export Static/Skinned/Vertex Animation, which seems to mean that my models don't fit together.

BuzzsawB said:
Hello!

How do I export a rigged file? I don't seem to have the option, I'm only able to export Static/Skinned/Vertex Animation, which seems to mean that my models don't fit together.

Skinned is the same as rigged in OpenBRF. The wording depends on which version you're using.

Yes, apologies for the confusion. I carelessly started using the technically wrong term ("rigging") when OpenBRF was super-tiny, and then felt stuck with it but got increasingly annoyed by it, until at the end I decided to set it right ("skinning").

I have a somewhat random question related to .brf files and M&B engine mechanics, please excuse me if this isn't the right topic.

Is it beneficial to have a bunch of smaller .brf files filled with models which are usually used together (like CommonRes for example)?
What I mean is, is there some way to optimise the use of .brf files for faster loading and maximum performace?
And if that's a thing, are there there any general guidelines on how to achive the best results?

I've never really tried to experiment with loading times and such, but I personally prefer to work with smaller brf sizes, keeping them around 5MB, with the occasional outlier up to 10MB. Along with brf naming conventions I find that this allows me to keep better track of where everything is. I really don't like Resources folders that have 20 giant brfs in them, all with nonsensical names. But that's just a personal pet peeve. :razz:

That said, I prefer to keep stuff that's only used by one faction in their own brfs. Whether that actually makes a difference I don't know, but I like to think it does. That way those brfs only need to be "opened" when that particular faction is present.

Maroon said:
That said, I prefer to keep stuff that's only used by one faction in their own brfs. Whether that actually makes a difference I don't know, but I like to think it does. That way those brfs only need to be "opened" when that particular faction is present.

That's exactly what I've been thinking...
I sort of like to think of them as "loading boxes", especially when it comes to faction-related .brfs and .bfrs with commonly used items (gloves, boots, etc.).

But from what I've been told in Mod Makers Q&A Thread, keeping models/materials/textures organized is not supposed to increase game performance in any meaningful way.

mike56 said:
Nothing. I've tried this already. Even I've tried to download manually this MSVCP120.dll and put it in the openbrf folder. Then it says it's missing the MSVCR120.dll, I download it also, put it in the folder, and then it throws another error message wich is not related with a missing dll.
Pure madness  :dead:

EDIT:

Well, I found and older version of Open Brf (0.079) and this I can use it with no problems, so is for sure a problem with the new version.
For anyone interested: https://mega.nz/#!AkkUhLxD!cEnbxME3N4b2-fmf-JRMQdz_HcNGRVrB3SQT76DYw1s

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom