Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm using OpenBrf to explore M&B Warband animations.
I have no plan to edit them, but I just want to check them moving.

The problem is, the play button show animations at slow motion (frame by frame). Is there a setting to preview animations at "the right speed" - like ingame ?

Aeon said:
The problem is, the play button show animations at slow motion (frame by frame). Is there a setting to preview animations at "the right speed" - like ingame ?

Not yet. The module (including native) specifies the animation speed in the .py files.
So that info is not kept anywhere in the BRF file OpenBRF reads.
I could let user manually specify it.

Dain Ironfoot said:
I'm slightly confused about the copying of timing,

nothing fancy, it is just this: say you have an animation A, with its per-frame timings, which are fine,
and animation B, similar to A, but with the per-frame timings all wrong.
For example, B was obtained by exporting A, editing it, and reimporting it, and frame times got lost somewhere in the process.

Then you can do this: select A, copy (ctrl+C), select B, "paste timings", and the per frame timings from A get copied into B.

(this works with per vertex animation, or skeletal animation alike).

update!

From the 1st page:
ver 0.0.43 (20 Sept 2010): 
- added a command to quickly add backdrops for menus (under "import")

The new command, under "import", is just for convenience and serves the following purpose:

How you add a new background image (a backdrop) into a menu, in M&B?
You need to:
1- build a flat, one-quad (two tris) brf-mesh with that image, in the right position and right size on the screen
2- build a brf-material for that, which uses a default shader (e.g. no lighting)
3- build a brf-texture for that material

This command takes care of the above in one shot.
First, you construct the image with the backdrop and save it as your DDS texture .
Then, you select that command, browse for that DDS, choose how to place it on the screen and other few options, and OpenBrf does the rest.

Edit: corrected a minor bug. Re-download if you did already (bugged version stayed online for like 30 mins).

It's a great stuff and thanks for your work, but I not understand one thing?

With v0.42 I could open and edit any BRF file simply by clicking it.
Now with v0.43 after clicking at the BRF file application opens with blank window. Each BRF file need to open by application menu (File, Open ...).
What is the reason?
I have windows 7 64th

i have the same issue plus i can select the brf program and open the file

i have to open openbrf and then import

Jai said:
i have the same issue plus i can select the brf program and open the file

i have to open openbrf and then import

I didn't understand the "plus" part. You can open OpenBRF, but then cannot "file"->"open" a file?

Update! From 1st page:
ver 0.0.44 (21 Sept 2010):  (mini update)
- added a command to merge several Body Collision meshes into one
- fixed the "click on BRF and openBRF opens it" error

Silesian, Jai, Swyter (in PM): thanks for reporting that bug. Fixed in this version.
It was a minor bug related to the many changes that were done to make it work with non-ascii paths.
Hopefully first and last one. Jai: does it work now? (are you using non-ascii paths?).

Dain Ironfoot said:
Possible feature.. merging collision meshes?

Good suggestion... quick for me to do and potentially useful. Done.
(note: manyfold parts are merged, other things -- capsules, spheres... are just added).

i just re download and reinstalled and i still cant open by selecting open with and selecting the program. nothing happens when i select the program openbrf

i may have been to fast for you new upload i wait a bit and see :grin:

eheh, maybe. Check if the version is "0.0.44" (about screen). Also, if you have both old and new versions in your disk, maybe your Windows currently associates to the .brf files to the old version. Just in case, best to have a single OpenBRF.exe, replacing it when you update.

Something weird.  Export to OBJ in the current build is setting the Ambient and Specular values of exported OBJ's materials to 0.  Makes working with exported files (say, if you want to redo a uvmap or tweak a texture on something that's been through the rigging process) involve another step to fix that before you can proceed (and some newbies will be utterly confused).

yep still same problem i can not right click and open with openbrf and set default program,all i can do is run openbrf and then open the file

xenoargh said:
Something weird.  Export to OBJ in the current build is setting the Ambient and Specular values of exported OBJ's materials to 0.  Makes working with exported files (say, if you want to redo a uvmap or tweak a texture on something that's been through the rigging process) involve another step to fix that before you can proceed (and some newbies will be utterly confused).

What do you use to open the exported Obj?

I didn't change that part at all. Now, like ever before, OpenBRF exports OBJs with a fake material, of which I don't specify Ambient or Diffuse (or anything else). Not having specified them, a well-behaved program reading that Obj should assume default values (0.8 for ambient and 0.2 for diffuse), as dictated by the OBJ format. So, I would say it is a problem with the program reading the obj, which fails to use default values for not explicitly specified material parameters.

However, it would be easy to make OpenBRF produce OBJs with a material with specified ambiend and diffuse, if that makes life easier. I'm a little reluctant, because I wanted produced OBJs to be as simple as possible, so that they are read by as many programs as possible out there.

What are your impressions?

Jai said:
yep still same problem i can not right click and open with openbrf and set default program,all i can do is run openbrf and then open the file
So, when you click on a brf file (or right click and select program), OpenBRF comes up, but doesn't load the file?
Can you check if it is version 0.0.44 (press F1)? I mean the OpenBRF that opens when you click on a BRF.
It works here.  :sad:

Jai said:
yep it is the right version
Confirm: on clicking on a BRF file, OpenBRF does open. Only, it doesn't load that BRF file and stays empty.
Confirm 2: at that point, pressing F1 gives you "ver 0.0.44" (not after opening it normally, but after opening it clicking on a BRF file).
Confirm 3: but, it worked before. 

Back
Top Bottom