Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Panzeh said:
Ra'Jiska said:
You know what I meant.
Modified files.

You're trying to say there was some great harm done here, but the only harm really is the devs' temper tantrum about the whole affair.  No one is depriving anyone of anything.
Wrong, this incident is depriving the community of a new patch to test and that could hopefully solve the textures issue some of us have.

Caesar15 said:
I still think their should be music.
Yes I can agree on that man, music optional download could be a good idea.

usnavy30 said:
Panzeh said:
Ra'Jiska said:
You know what I meant.
Modified files.

You're trying to say there was some great harm done here, but the only harm really is the devs' temper tantrum about the whole affair.  No one is depriving anyone of anything.
Wrong, this incident is depriving the community of a new patch to test and that could hopefully solve the textures issue some of us have.

Caesar15 said:
I still think their should be music.
Yes I can agree on that man, music optional download could be a good idea.

Nice to see that someone agrees with me :grin:

That is only because the developers somehow feel stepped on their ego that their stupid DRM is removed.

They can simply release the new version, it's silly to waste mod development time on DRM in a free mod.

FreeFromDRM said:
That is only because the developers somehow feel stepped on their ego that their stupid DRM is removed.

They can simply release the new version, it's silly to waste mod development time on DRM in a free mod.
And you likewise feel urged of your ego to delay it further. Disregard the Dev' Teams plan and disrespect as well at the same time. Is it really that hard and impatient of you to do this whole fiasco before they would release the server files once the module is in a more complete and stable state?

Let's recall the closed beta breach..new servers, bugged because it was running another version of the mod, trolls abound, and a very unhappy Dev Team.

You are only causing more trouble for what it is worth of your actions.

usnavy30 said:
And you likewise feel urged of your ego to delay it further. Disregard the Dev' Teams plan and disrespect as well at the same time. Is it really that hard and impatient of you to do this whole fiasco before they would release the server files once the module is in a more complete and stable state?

Let's recall the closed beta breach..new servers, bugged because it was running another version of the mod, trolls abound, and a very unhappy Dev Team.

You seem to think the devs are beyond reproach, that their plans are perfect and that they should have constant heaps of praise for everything, just because they released a mod.  They should be happy people actually play the mod and just do what they do best, rather than mess with DRM that doesn't work anyway.

I do not wish to delay anything... The devs are the only ones in the warband modding history trying to make this DRM stuff... it's silly and should not even be on their agenda.

I never meant to disrespect the developers, they are doing a great job and I encourage them to keep working on this great mod.

The closed beta fiasco is mostly the problem with that there were no alternatives, nobody else was able to host anything, and only a spannish group with crappy rules and admins hosted, as such you had a bad experience. If you allow anyone to host, with a nice tutorial with it, you can see great servers surface and get the public the best experience.

The devs only are causing their own problems by forcing people to play on their own servers.

Panzeh said:
usnavy30 said:

You seem to think the devs are beyond reproach, that their plans are perfect and that they should have constant heaps of praise for everything, just because they released a mod.  They should be happy people actually play the mod and just do what they do best, rather than mess with DRM that doesn't work anyway.
I did not say the Devs are beyond reproach, they knew in the beginning this policy would be unpopular but if you would to wait for one, maybe two more patches later we could have public servers by now and a more polished module. If the Dev Team takes their time to sort it then it's their decision, this is their sub board, they made this mod of hard work for the community. And quite frankly, you two should learn to stop causing trouble and deal with their decision and honor it. I am quite sure the Dev Team has the best interests when they went with this policy to avoid this kind of situation you are trying to make.

FreeFromDRM said:
I do not wish to delay anything... The devs are the only ones in the warband modding history trying to make this DRM stuff... it's silly and should not even be on their agenda.

I never meant to disrespect the developers, they are doing a great job and I encourage them to keep working on this great mod.

The closed beta fiasco is mostly the problem with that there were no alternatives, nobody else was able to host anything, and only a spannish group with crappy rules and admins hosted, as such you had a bad experience. If you allow anyone to host, with a nice tutorial with it, you can see great servers surface and get the public the best experience.

The devs only are causing their own problems by forcing people to play on their own servers.
I am quite sure the same day more servers show up there will be that one trolling server that's a trap for players to join to be insta-banned or randomed all day and admin abused of slaying and weaponry.
As well as from PW experience the community becomes deeply divided by clans running their own server with the rules they want. Some people hate Nexus, some hate Trojan..it becomes a feud that causes nearly daily drama everytime and I would not want it to happen to Persistent Frontier.

EDIT: Had to fix my double post sorry about that.

I can do this all day..don't try me.
Looks like those two are gone.. for now

Lastly my apologies to the Dev Team and Community for continuing this discussion but it had to be done, we are not no push overs now are we?

DRM is reverting to petty insults about the Devs ego and their DRM. Slowly, but surely, the trolls nature is coming out beating the new account and his long paragraph explanations.

Anyway:

Ingame music is for scrubs, I play Death Metal on Pandora when I run into Colonial Town as a bandit  :cool:

SirKnightSK said:
DRM is reverting to petty insults about the Devs ego and their DRM. Slowly, but surely, the trolls nature is coming out beating the new account and his long paragraph explanations.

Anyway:

Ingame music is for scrubs, I play Death Metal on Pandora when I run into Colonial Town as a bandit  :cool:

Then apparently everyone is a scrub, and next time I start hearing death metal I am pulling out my musket...

Caesar15 said:
SirKnightSK said:

Anyway:

Then apparently everyone is a scrub, and next time I start hearing death metal I am pulling out my musket...

When ingame VoIP gets implemented I will blast it before I blast you  :twisted:

SirKnightSK said:
Caesar15 said:
SirKnightSK said:

Anyway:

When ingame VoIP gets implemented I will blast it before I blast you  :twisted:

"Cutting down some trees, and I am OK" *hear loud music* SHIIIIIIIIIII

Back
Top Bottom