Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

mb5.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3.jpg

Comrade Temuzu said:
The Bowman said:
Depends where you look. If you are on the edge, it's a guaranteed CTD.
I've been working on the scene for months, I've never had a CTD from looking over to whole map.

What are your computer specs? Same question goes for you, usnavy30.

My PC has 2Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM and a dual core processor, each 2.8GHz. Runs main PW well on average settings and can play on any map with no problems whatsover.

My laptop has 6Gb RAM, Intel i5 @2.4 GHz (4 cores) and 1Gb VRAM. I haven't tried PF on this one though.

Don't get me wrong. I want to play a mod on that setting, but I feel like it is too consuming for the average computer.

My comments and found bugs at this point.

Hair:
- Low texture quality.
- Shining (luminous in the shadows).
- Mismatch between beard and head hair.

Clothes:
- Many low quality textures
- Very inconsistent quality/look.

Mounts:
- Buying place for donkeys shows a horse.
- The native horse is very slow, even the donkey is faster.

Crafting:
- Smithy is way too far from the gun shop in the colonist town.

Other bugs/comments:
- Jumping in the gun store can get you stuck in the corner.
- Idle animation w. gun is only fitting for soldiers.
- The map as a whole feels more closed/restricted than the old one. You have the feeling that there are only certain paths you can take and walking into the forest is virtually impossible since the trees obstruct your sight all the way to the ground even. I can't help feeling that the old map was more fitting, more open, and more user friendly.

I know you've been working hard on this release and the new map respectively and seeing as the mod is still in a beta stage I can understand that one can expect bugs and whatnot. I am however sorry to say that I can't help feeling this version is hardly more playable than the Beta1. I don't really understand why a new map was needed. No offence meant towards the creator, but I enjoyed the old one more for reasons stated above. I hope to see an update soon, keep up the hard work and we might see this mod shine in the future.

Dansk viking said:
- The map as a whole feels more closed/restricted than the old one. You have the feeling that there are only certain paths you can take and walking into the forest is virtually impossible since the trees obstruct your sight all the way to the ground even. I can't help feeling that the old map was more fitting, more open, and more user friendly.
It may feel that way, but it's an illusion.

Fitting for what? The old map had its own goals, mine has its own, I'm sure the majority understands that.

Also, elaborate on the "user friendliness".

Ah well. What I meant with "user friendly" was mostly referring to the crafting placement in the colony, but also my general impression I guess. I appreciate that you want your map to have its own style, but I still have the feeling that it's a bit confining. Please take my words with a pinch of salt, I haven't explored your map fully, I'm just giving you my immediate impression.

All I can say so far, - I love the mod. However there just need to be clear and strict rules. It's amazing how much times I got randomly killed from somewhere without reason. There was barely roleplay to speak of.

Dansk viking said:
Ah well. What I meant with "user friendly" was mostly referring to the crafting placement in the colony, but also my general impression I guess. I appreciate that you want your map to have its own style, but I still have the feeling that it's a bit confining. Please take my words with a pinch of salt, I haven't explored your map fully, I'm just giving you my immediate impression.
Yeah, I didnt know how crafting works in the mod, so I just placed them in the center of the village, nobody ever told me they should be closer to the weapons themselves. However, seems like Aldric quickly edited the map to add the crafting location next to the weapons, so there's that.

As for the trees, yes, of course they get in your way from time to time, it's a thick forest, it's supposed to be hard to see people in. There are plenty of open spaces in the forests though, places where you can easily see people.

Uh shouldn't this go to Bug reporting or a similar thread now? Anyways
My PC is a Toshiba Laptop (Yes I know Toshiba but its good ol sally to me :razz:) Satellite L755 with 449 GB on the hard drive multi core as well, and like PW I rarely ever got these errors except in the most recent update. Funnily enough dying underwater while afk typing seemed to fix it for the end of the session last night. Will hop back on today to test  it again.

And if it helps I still have that image of my specs and how it was rated:
fNAMxJg.png

Okay can you please remove the KOS ability of outlaw? You should not be able to tell in real life that someone committed a crime through looks unless it's obvious like wearing a mask. The reason why I ask it because I want to play an outlaw but be able to RP as one and not be shot on sight or shoot people on sight. I've tried working with it but every time I do I get shot or killed before being able to RP. It honestly only makes sense that natives would KOS people and that people would KOS natives, if it is obvious that I am an outlaw then kill me but if I just walk by you and you know I am one because of my name tag that just ruins the RP of the game.

Edit:

Another problem that came up was the use of name tags. I use the name tags to remember a person's name not to tell what faction they are. The reason I got shot was because of my name tag and nothing else. In PW the common rule was that you could not use name tags to tell what faction a person was in. I talked to the guy after he killed me and a suggestion he mentioned that might interest you guys was having a heavy RP server for people like me and a light RP server for people like the person that shot me.

warhamer said:
Okay can you please remove the KOS ability of outlaw? You should not be able to tell in real life that someone committed a crime through looks unless it's obvious like wearing a mask. The reason why I ask it because I want to play an outlaw but be able to RP as one and not be shot on sight or shoot people on sight. I've tried working with it but every time I do I get shot or killed before being able to RP. It honestly only makes sense that natives would KOS people and that people would KOS natives, if it is obvious that I am an outlaw then kill me but if I just walk by you and you know I am one because of my name tag that just ruins the RP of the game.

Agreed with that. It's just to common that people go outlaw so they can shoot every single person they see. There is barely any roleplay involved with that.

gokiller said:
warhamer said:

Agreed with that. It's just to common that people go outlaw so they can shoot every single person they see. There is barely any roleplay involved with that.
Yeah it is because the faction leader declares in faction chat "Natives/outlaws are KOS" so it is breaking any chance of doing anything as it is persistent watch guards. Also of course these new faction 'rules' break the official rules stated. Still any sonuva***** that kills someone while unarmed is a randomer. Self defense is reasonable right? I'll fight back any person that tries to hurt me with a weapon.

Also armor should be non removable (aka cant remove basic default clothes) as some low ping players just go armor less running around naked and spamming which is really annoying.

Parade, try redownloading..I don't think that happens to me.

EU server crashed i have a lot of scripts like this :
Input: SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1720: Invalid Agent ID: -1107656704; LINE NO: 13
:
At script: cf_rest. At script: cf_rest. SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1720: Invalid
Agent ID: -1096338432; LINE NO: 13:
At script: cf_rest. At script: cf_rest.

I will finish a lighter map and host it next week.

parade said:
I got this wierd invisible uniforms bug - can someone help me?
If you buy a lappel you need to combine it with one of the infantry uniforms called red uniform or green uniform. Not the named regiment uniforms just the ones with a colour before the name, otherwise you are invisible.

That makes sense.
And good job Madfast, many new admins these days on any module or game always forget admining servers should be a serious position and no fooling around like an idiot. Nice to see a responsible and active admin team/dev team :smile:

Back
Top Bottom