Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

I just realized that the unofficial PF servers have no right to use the map current on their servers (And it was my fault for leaving the .SCO of the map in the public modules folder.) Is there any action we can take since they don't have permission on the map (and the mod as a whole really...)

Oscar.Hedlof said:
Do I need permission to host my own server?
Currently I do believe no servers should be hosted as the dev team isn't ready for release. When it is released, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but there will be 3 official servers and no more will be allowed at least to start with.
Austro said:
I just realized that the unofficial PF servers have no right to use the map current on their servers (And it was my fault for leaving the .SCO of the map in the public modules folder.) Is there any action we can take since they don't have permission on the map (and the mod as a whole really...)
It wouldn't have made a difference if you had left it in or not. Once you have connected to a server and downloaded the map, if you know where to look you could find the map file, as it is stored when its downloaded, and use it to host a server.

Austro said:

What, do you think you can copyright a map?

The most you can do is consider them assholes, which everybody already does.

Hey guys i was just recently banned from a server called Age of Muskets RP. While in the game one of the guys name Ranger_Clinsman said, "200g tax." I then responded "What?" He then started attacking me and my friend with a woodcutter axe so we tried to fight back and we were banned from the server. Can I please get unbanned?

Account name under which i played: Jim_Crow

Friends Account: Dred_Scott

Would like to receive an unban as soon as possible, thanks.

juveman said:
Hey guys i was just recently banned from a server called Age of Muskets RP. While in the game one of the guys name Ranger_Clinsman said, "200g tax." I then responded "What?" He then started attacking me and my friend with a woodcutter axe so we tried to fight back and we were banned from the server. Can I please get unbanned?

None of the current servers are official and are being hosted, despite the developers asking them to close down, as the mod is still not ready for release. So I am afraid posting in this thread will not accomplish anything unfortunately. You will either have to find another unofficial server and put up with notoriously **** admins, or wait a week or 2 for the mod to be released and decent servers to be hosted.

Madfast said:
juveman said:

None of the current servers are official and are being hosted, despite the developers asking them to close down, as the mod is still not ready for release. So I am afraid posting in this thread will not accomplish anything unfortunately. You will either have to find another unofficial server and put up with notoriously **** admins, or wait a week or 2 for the mod to be released and decent servers to be hosted.

Ah I see so this new version is going to be PW_Beta 2? And yea I guess I'll find another server.

juveman said:
Ah I see so this new version is going to be PW_Beta 2? And yea I guess I'll find another server.

Yep. As far as I am aware the new version will be called PW_Beta2, and when that is out, the official servers will be live.

Madfast said:
juveman said:

Yep. As far as I am aware the new version will be called PW_Beta2, and when that is out, the official servers will be live.

Ok thanks! Also the ban seems to be only temp.

I highly recommended delaying release for those TOTSK armour/clothing they're awesome, and fits the period perfectly.

The Conquest uniforms look great and would be nice to add in the mod, although, I would also recommend maybe getting the reloading animation of muskets in Conquest too, very realistic, for the reloading animations at the moment are for a pistol, not a musket. The musket sounds from Conquest do not sound too bad either.

Please do not bash me for being Negetive, I am posting this because it is my opinion, Which i am entitled to, I am in no means "trolling" or just coming on to be negetive, this is criticism.

Yesterday, I played PF For a couple of hours, eager to seeing as it's obviously got a fair reputation on the forum. And i was severely dissapointed.
First things i noticed were the changed scene props, Like the trees etc. Out of spawn, Frankly, these look awful and you'd be better off using original ones.
Secondly as i approached the town, i noticed it was surrounded by 120ft high Palisade logs, with strange textures.
Going into the town, i see several odd looking "immigrants" wearing fancy clothes, Strutting about carrying green logs to and fro.
Headed into the shop, there was very little there, i was expecting more variety, Frankly some of the new items you had, you would be again better off using the original PW/ Commonres ones, especially the pickaxe and wood cutting axe, as i delved further into it i saw that alot of the units frankly looked off, especially things like the tribesmens heads, etc. I also kept seeing things and thinking, "Oh, I've seen that before, that's the *Item* from another mod" , not really impressed, as i'd seen these things before and nothing was really new.  Also there was very little evidence of this "New Economy" Etc.  As i spawned as a peasant and could immediately buy Rifles for me and my mate. aswell as Catridges and uniforms.
To conclude, i really wasn't impressed and it didn't live up to my expectations, especially seeing as theres so much hype about it on the thread,
I think you could vastly improve it by making your own stuff to suit the mod, rather than taking things from other mods that look like they might
fit into PF, And those still look pretty bad.  It's very crude and needs alot of improving, I see that it's in the Beta phase, but you've described it as "The last 100m Sprint" Atm. Which really dissapoints me.

And again, I am not coming on here to bash and troll and be negetive, but i'm entitled to post a realistic opinion and criticism.

Tom426 said:
Please do not bash me for being Negetive, I am posting this because it is my opinion, Which i am entitled to, I am in no means "trolling" or just coming on to be negetive, this is criticism.

Yesterday, I played PF For a couple of hours, eager to seeing as it's obviously got a fair reputation on the forum. And i was severely dissapointed.
First things i noticed were the changed scene props, Like the trees etc. Out of spawn, Frankly, these look awful and you'd be better off using original ones.
Secondly as i approached the town, i noticed it was surrounded by 120ft high Palisade logs, with strange textures.
Going into the town, i see several odd looking "immigrants" wearing fancy clothes, Strutting about carrying green logs to and fro.
Headed into the shop, there was very little there, i was expecting more variety, Frankly some of the new items you had, you would be again better off using the original PW/ Commonres ones, especially the pickaxe and wood cutting axe, as i delved further into it i saw that alot of the units frankly looked off, especially things like the tribesmens heads, etc. I also kept seeing things and thinking, "Oh, I've seen that before, that's the *Item* from another mod" , not really impressed, as i'd seen these things before and nothing was really new.  Also there was very little evidence of this "New Economy" Etc.  As i spawned as a peasant and could immediately buy Rifles for me and my mate. aswell as Catridges and uniforms.
To conclude, i really wasn't impressed and it didn't live up to my expectations, especially seeing as theres so much hype about it on the thread,
I think you could vastly improve it by making your own stuff to suit the mod, rather than taking things from other mods that look like they might
fit into PF, And those still look pretty bad.  It's very crude and needs alot of improving, I see that it's in the Beta phase, but you've described it as "The last 100m Sprint" Atm. Which really dissapoints me.

And again, I am not coming on here to bash and troll and be negetive, but i'm entitled to post a realistic opinion and criticism.

Yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion :grin: but keep in mind those servers that are up, dont have permission to be up from the devs and the version their running is very outdated and doesnt include a lot of the stuff they have added recently and yes they are using quite a bit of osp but austro is a very good modeler/texurer and he made some of the stuff in pf its not just osp.

Arthur_Pendragon said:
Yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion :grin: but keep in mind those servers that are up, dont have permission to be up from the devs and the version their running is very outdated and doesnt include a lot of the stuff they have added recently and yes they are using quite a bit of osp but austro is a very good modeler/texurer and he made some of the stuff in pf its not just osp.

Unfortunately alot of it is OSP, And this was one of the official servers i am playing on, And the point i am raising is that even the stuff made for PF is still not up to standard.

Back
Top Bottom