Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

yokinwow said:
Hey guys, Colonial RP server is  an unofficial server for people who has wait for a year to this mod and wanna play a little. This server has a non profit objective, only for have fun.

Colonial RP staff consider that the developer reasons for that server must be closed are not logical considering that fun issues should be on top, not political issues. We keep the server opened for the people that in a future will be playing in your servers.

Everybody must know that this server is Unofficial and bugged so people who join this server knows what type of server join.

Sorry for my english.

Congratulations Austro and PF devs team.

The server being closed has nothing to do with political reasons, more to do with the fact it is still buggy, unfinished and the dev team have determined it isn't ready for 24/7 public release.

I think having an unofficial server is good for the mod. Just need to reassure people that it does not fully represent the mod. I've enjoyed playing on the server. I think it's a good experience.

I personally agree with the fact of having a server (official or unofficial) working. I have been waiting for this since it started, and now that it's possible, why not to make it work?

Putting an example, PW  when it started I imagine it was full of bugs and **** like that, but gameplay was fun, and the best publicity you can give to this mod is by playing it. I'm in a NW regiment, and people is crazy about playing it. I understand that after months of waiting to play they dont mind where to play. They just want to play, even if the game is full of bugs and half-built stuff.

I also understand your point of view Temuzu, dont missunderstand me, but don't you think that Beta testing were a sucess? I'd love you to decide to release it.

Keep it up PF team!!

Well i have been playing on a bit, so i found out.

The problem is server side for the HP bug.
- Either tweak the "respawn with partial health" option or make sure the file isn't corrupt.
- People are getting around the leaked files by disconnected and reconnecting upon death
- The people (100+ players) actually handle themselves to play around a terrible economic system and no admin. They seems to have organized a society on their own without the admin having to meddle in. Of course, everyone is armed and have some sort of ranged gun or melee weapon
That should give us some clues.
- the native need to be nerfed with firearms, and we need to improve the economic system so the military castle are viable
- yet more people complained about lack of faction name, it's more confusing that anything as said before.

Yep from my experience on the unofficial server is that the Military factions are often forced to buy normal muskets in town. The natives are overpowered because of there ability to survive a pistol shot and then kill the guy with 1 or 2 hits in melee, plus natives and colonists seem to want to have a kill fest with each other. Good RP is hard to find on that server I suspect it is because many banned players play on it. Smart people like me will buy the outlaw firearms since if you got the money there is not stock to worry about. I understand that you guys do not condone the server but it is helping show the problems associated with the mod and people honestly don't care how bugged the game is as long as they can play it.

It never tough possible to play in a server where you have to disconnect to respawn, no viable economy and little admin overwatch (and native onslaught ) . It's a sheer far west frontier  :lol:

Played around on it for a bit, there's really no rp currently just a kill fest, but that's expected since they just playing the leaked version.

So is it possible to change the faction names to whatever you like?

lol, Aldric. When you said that even without Admin intervention, the people made groups and a society by themselves. All I can think of is that Admins and devs are studying players in a lab, and are writing down things. "Hmm interesting, it seems the subjects formed a society even with underdeveloped brains" "They've picked leaders"

Anyways. What can you expect when a majority of the players speak English, and only English, and the server is being run by Spanish speakers. The communication can be a bit lacking. Especially since a lot of the players complain or "break rules" and the Admin doesn't understand what they are saying to him.

Freighttrain4 said:
lol, Aldric. When you said that even without Admin intervention, the people made groups and a society by themselves. All I can think of is that Admins and devs are studying players in a lab, and are writing down things. "Hmm interesting, it seems the subjects formed a society even with underdeveloped brains" "They've picked leaders"

Anyways. What can you expect when a majority of the players speak English, and only English, and the server is being run by Spanish speakers. The communication can be a bit lacking. Especially since a lot of the players complain or "break rules" and the Admin doesn't understand what they are saying to him.

I have been handling community of 100s players of PW, and trust me they behave more or less like rats. Except that cheese is money and that they tend to be very agressive.
Especially if there is no "alpha male leader" to handle them  :lol:

It's not an open beta. A Spanish group is hosting an unofficial server and people play on it even if it's bugged and there are practically no admins.

Please note, all unofficial servers (Such as Colonial RP) Are not a representation of the mod in any way shape or form. The mod will be released soon with the name "PF_BETA2" All Health bugs will be fixed, there will also be balance fixing. The crafting time for weapons will be reduced among many other things. If you are banned on these unofficial servers, do not worry, you will not be banned from the official servers.

These are the current Official servers planned:

North American - Hosted by UvG

European - Hosted by EUA (Aldric)

Australian - Hosted by LCC

Do we have an ETA of the open beta? I'm just curious as to when we can expect official servers to be up.

The problem of this mod and PW mod is the following one:

Players have a low roleplaying level.

And this problem will persist in unofficial servers and official ones.

yokinwow said:

Just need some organization. Clans have a good way of sorting that out.

Austro im just wondering what date will the PF test be if so i was wondering if i could particpate  in this great mod iv added u on steam and i will be patient for u too accept if u have already could you send me a dl to the mod please i would really like to particpate in ur tests

I suggest you guys come up with a rule concerning Colonist and Native Americans KOSing each other. The Natives always claim it is because that we are white man and the Colonist KOS because if they don't they think the Natives will kill them.

Edit:

I don't know if this may be a problem but some players may be interpreting the ranged KOS rule in the wrong way. They might be thinking that you can attack someone if they have a ranged weapon even if it is on their back and not in their hand. I hope though that people aren't stupid enough to think that.

yokinwow said:

Yes. This is actually why I hate PW. The idea and the gameplay themselves are quite good and fun, but the horrible amount of people, in a bloody RP mod (or, that's what I thought PW was about, having some kind of a Roleplay going on), who are completely unable to understand the concept of RP really break it for me.
Sometimes I feel like it's like trying to play football with a team who just try to catch the bloody ball with their hands.

And as ioae already said, having a RP going on is much easier to do if you have a clan, or just bunch of people, in TS (or somewhere else) with you.

Back
Top Bottom