Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

HarbingerOfDoom said:
Armories need to be closeable by the faction that owns them like in PW.

Will do that in my map

Concerning reload on horseback. Pistol and carabin should be able to do that. However other kind of long musket should be usable on foot only

Aldric said:
Concerning reload on horseback. Pistol and carabin should be able to do that. However other kind of long musket should be usable on foot only
There is a bug. If you are using a musket in melee mode when you mount your horse, you can switch to fire mode and shoot from horseback. If you switch weapons while mounted however, you can no longer use the musket on horseback. If you watch the video I posted above, you can see my gang had a mix of muskets, double barrel muskets, and carbines, and we were using them all on horses.

Good to know that. I still think people could be able to shot on a horse short carabines and stuff, and reload when they are not moving. (Apart from pistols)

Great video dude, thanks for sharing, it really made me want the mod more....

Can´t wait... I´m not asking for releasing date because i´m afraid of the pichfork xD

Arrancapinos said:
Good to know that. I still think people could be able to shot on a horse short carabines and stuff, and reload when they are not moving. (Apart from pistols)

Great video dude, thanks for sharing, it really made me want the mod more....

Can´t wait... I´m not asking for releasing date because i´m afraid of the pichfork xD

Carbines and pistols can shoot from horseback.

Okay guys, i have been reviewing the classes :

Here find them and tell me what you think of it

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?b63mety3f54u3cs

Capitain will not longer be a unique class but be turn into a elite class of cavalry ( dragons )

Aldric said:
Okay guys, i have been reviewing the classes :

Here find them and tell me what you think of it

Capitain will not longer be a unique class but be turn into a elite class of cavalry ( dragons )

Looks good, though one question why does the diplomat have 110 archery? Other than that looks great.

Why would a colonist be better at shooting than a weaponsmith - and worse at melee? Doesn't make sense to me. Wasn't there supposed to be a militia class? In which case this class should be better than the two others in all weapon aspects. If anything should make sense, the guy who produces a musket/rifle should be able to shoot it just as good, if not better, than a common colonist.

Colonist is a frontiersmen and a scout. However check the 2nd page of the troop skill "Aldric modification". With the coloured number those are the correct number

Where smiths got little more shotting than colonists.

The militamen are colonist themselves we consider that frontiersmen defend themselves.

Technically wouldn't the Colonist that's a frontiersman/scout have a higher shooting skill as their style of warfare was based off accurate shots in a skirmishing manner? Frontiersmen were hunters, they needed accurate shots to drop an animal and destroy the least amount of it possible.

Dansk viking said:
If anything should make sense, the guy who produces a musket/rifle should be able to shoot it just as good, if not better, than a common colonist.
No, that makes absolutely no sense. That would mean that a blacksmith is an expert swordsman, and a shipbuilder an expert sailor, and an aeronautical engineer would be an expert pilot. Nope, it doesn't work like that, unless you are Orlando Bloom.

I agree, I've met many blacksmiths that can forge a fine blade, but beyond knowing which end to point at the enemy, they don't know much beyond how to use the weapons and tools they create. Now maybe one in the frontier would have experience in using firearms, but a frontiersman would have the same amount of skill using a hammer and anvil.

Okay i'm re uploading a new stats chart with 95 FA for colonist, and 90 for crafter
Just so you know i'm not going to nerf crafter too much since they are more expensive than colonists and needed for crafting and siege

5arge said:
No, that makes absolutely no sense. That would mean that a blacksmith is an expert swordsman, and a shipbuilder an expert sailor, and an aeronautical engineer would be an expert pilot. Nope, it doesn't work like that, unless you are Orlando Bloom.

What you are saying is that a gunsmith wouldn't be as good a shot as your regular colonist? I didn't say anything about expertise, did I? Besides, handling a sword and handling a musket/rifle is not comparable.

DarthTaco said:
Technically wouldn't the Colonist that's a frontiersman/scout have a higher shooting skill as their style of warfare was based off accurate shots in a skirmishing manner? Frontiersmen were hunters, they needed accurate shots to drop an animal and destroy the least amount of it possible.

I'd agree to some extent, but I also think it depends a lot on the weapon. Take the Snapphanar of late 17th century Scania, fighting skirmish/guerilla warfare with notorious accuracy. They had extraordinary gunsmiths amongst themselves and their guns were rifled and long-barreled (much like the Kentucky Rifle), hence the Snapphanar were much more accurate than the Swedish soldiers carrying smooth-barrelled muskets.

EDIT: A nice gunsmithing video.

Most frontiersmen had Kentucky or Pennsylvania pattern rifled muskets, or other various muskets they had rifled for the accuracy. It's just in my opinion a frontiersman would be a better shot than most gunsmiths, as their life depended on it.

The skills on a Diplomat is just ridiculous. The riding and things like that, those are fine but having intense all 100+ skills in proficiencies.... no...

The Captain should be the one with the high skills since he would be a soldier while a diplomat would be a politician. Diplomats should be the ones who need protection. instead of being better than everyone in all skills.

Make the skills much lower. like in the 80's or 90's but NOT 100's

Freighttrain4 said:
The skills on a Diplomat is just ridiculous. The riding and things like that, those are fine but having intense all 100+ skills in proficiencies.... no...

The Captain should be the one with the high skills since he would be a soldier while a diplomat would be a politician. Diplomats should be the ones who need protection. instead of being better than everyone in all skills.

Make the skills much lower. like in the 80's or 90's but NOT 100's
Agreed, diplomats should have rather lowered combat skills.

Back
Top Bottom