Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

MEDIA UPDATE #4 (1/6/2013)

This is our first Media Update of 2013! This is going to be a great year, because this is the year Persistent Frontier is going to be played by thousands of people around the world! ( At least we hope :grin: ) I would like to introduce our new mapper, Glovine, who has worked on numerous great Persistent World scenes and he will be helping Temuzu on the map. We hope to have the map make fast progress while still looking great. We have some new map screenshots along with troop and item screenshots.

Items

Iron Vein #2

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12243880/Renders/shot1.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12243880/Renders/Shot2.jpg

Outlaw holding double barrelled musket & blunderbuss

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12243880/Renders/double.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12243880/Renders/blunder.jpg

Native with Bow and Metal Tomahawk

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12243880/Renders/bow.jpg

Map

Soldier Fort #2

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12243880/Renders/1.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12243880/Renders/2.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12243880/Renders/3.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12243880/Renders/4.jpg

What will the accuracy of military muskets be compared to the other ones? And what will the accuracy of muskets be over all? Like MM or NW? Because the muskets in NW are FAR too accurate.

pod455 said:
What will the accuracy of military muskets be compared to the other ones? And what will the accuracy of muskets be over all? Like MM or NW? Because the muskets in NW are FAR too accurate.

The muskets in NW are too accurate?!? Since when?! The accuracy is perfect in my opinion. You can't make them too inaccurate because then people would rather use melee because you can't hit the broadside of a barn with a gun.

That how style really isn't what the tribes such as the Iroquois would use, the "curve" in it is far too great, and the length is just a tad too short. This seems to be more of a southern plains bow.

A thing on the pricing of native horses, as the natives traded the horses from the europeans shouldn't they cost just as much as for the colonial horses?

Faewulf said:
A thing on the pricing of native horses, as the natives traded the horses from the Europeans shouldn't they cost just as much as for the colonial horses?

He as a good point^

How will the pricing for the Natives be compared to Colonials, and Soldiers?

Freighttrain4 said:
pod455 said:

The muskets in NW are too accurate?!? Since when?! The accuracy is perfect in my opinion. You can't make them too inaccurate because then people would rather use melee because you can't hit the broadside of a barn with a gun.
The muskets in MM were perfect! And the melee in MM was better aswell! So i hope this feels more like MM than NW

pod455 said:
Freighttrain4 said:
pod455 said:

The muskets in MM were perfect! And the melee in MM was better aswell! So i hope this feels more like MM than NW

The combat is going to be more MM focused.

Freighttrain4 said:
Faewulf said:
A thing on the pricing of native horses, as the natives traded the horses from the Europeans shouldn't they cost just as much as for the colonial horses?

He as a good point^

How will the pricing for the Natives be compared to Colonials, and Soldiers?

The natives will have to come to a colonial settlement to trade so I'm 99% sure the price will be the same.

QWW has been hard at work, what would we do without him? He' has been asking for credit so let me show you guys what he has been up to:

mb17.jpg

What would we do without you qww?

Austro said:
QWW has been hard at work, what would we do without him? He' has been asking for credit so let me show you guys what he has been up to:

mb17.jpg

That's what I get for accidentally removing the BRF. :razz:

Austro said:

mb17.jpg

We3ll I think it's good. It just allows me to sneak up on you better to pop a cap in yo arse!

Updated the rules, hopefully they are more solid and balanced now.

I got rid of the " 5 minute wait " for war and raiding, and decided to put a 1 minute global respawn for everyone. The way I look at it, if people can wait 10 minutes to get back into a Napoleonic War battle, they can wait 1 minute in Persistent Frontier.

RULES

1. Cheating, Glitching , Exploiting

(a) - There is to be no Cheating, Glitching , Exploiting at all under any circumstances.

2. RDM (Random Death Match)

(a) - You require a valid RP reason to attack someone within a safe zone. ( Safe Zones = Immigrant Dock, Colonial Settlement, Forts. )

(b) - You require a valid RP reason to attack someone not holding a ranged weapon outside of a safe zone. ( Ranged Weapons = Guns, Tomahawks, Bows )

3. NLR (New Life Rule)

(a) You may not use information that does not have to do with your current life against another player.

4. Robbery

(a) - You may not attack a victim of a robbery for the mere fact that they are not carrying what you are demanding.

(b) - You must give the victim of a robbery a reasonable amount of time to respond to the robbers demands.

5. Taxing

(a) - You may not attack the person being taxed for the mere fact that they are not carrying the amount the taxer is demanding.

(b) - You must give the person being taxed a reasonable amount of time to respond to the taxer.

6. Meta - Gaming

(a) - You may not use anything except for physical in game actions and RP chat against a player.

7. Raiding

(a) - The targeted raiding location must be announced 3 times in global

(b) -  You may not kill anyone in a raid who is not carrying an item that can be used lethally against another player.

(c) -  The raid ends when either the announcer of the raid dies or when the chest is looted.

8. War

(a) - The Colonel or The Chief must announce 3 times in global who they are going to war against.

(b) - You may not kill anyone in war if they are not carrying a weapon which can be used lethally against another player.

(c) - A Soldier Faction must all be wearing a similar uniform during war.

(d) - War for a Soldier Faction ends when your mine is captured. If you do not own a mine, War ends when your captain dies.

(e) - War for a Native Faction ends when your Chief dies.

9. Assassination

(a) - Natives cannot make or accept a contract.

(b) - The contract has to have a valid RP reason based on the contractors current life and the targets current life.

(c) - After a successful contract, the victim has the right to know who the contractor was and the reason behind the contract, to deem if it was a valid contract.

10. AFK

(a) - You may not kill anyone who is AFK who has followed proper AFK procedure and guidelines.

(b) - You must announce 3 times in Global that you are going AFK

(c) - You may not announce AFK if you are involved in a War, Raid, Robbery or any sort of combat.

(d) - You must AFK in a location where you are unlikely to be killed.

11. Respecting Admins

(a) - You must respect and follow ALL admin decisions.  If you believe an admin is abusing his/her privlidges or not properly enforcing server rules, make a post in the admin complaints thread.  DO NOT rage in game.  Please attempt to provide some form of screenshot of the matter(s) in question

(b) - Admins may make temporary rules ONLY if it is for the greater good for the enjoyment of the players in the server such as:
Temporarily banning all Fighting / Robbing / Taxing at Colonial Town to get the server under control.

12. Other Guidelines

(a) - Admins may not join the server using the Admin Password IF they are intending on role playing and not going to be on Admin Duty

(b) - Admins may not spawn themselves gold for RP purposes under ANY circumstances

(c) - Admins are only allowed to refund 30% of gold lost to people violating rules. 

(d) - There is to be no refunds for server resets / crashes what so ever.

(e) - The deposit cap on banking will be 7,500g, which accumulates to 75,000 in regular PW.

(f) - If an Admins deems a player to be acting very Troll - Ish, even if the player is not breaking any rules, he can punish the player with a ban. However, the Admins must warn the player of what they are doing and ask them to stop or face punishment.

(g) - There is to be no unnecessary spamming of global chat

(h) - There is to be no racial comments in global chat that may offend players.

Austro said:
Updated the rules, hopefully they are more solid and balanced now.

I got rid of the " 5 minute wait " for war and raiding, and decided to put a 1 minute global respawn for everyone. The way I look at it, if people can wait 10 minutes to get back into a Napoleonic War battle, they can wait 1 minute in Persistent Frontier.

RULES

1. Cheating, Glitching , Exploiting

(a) - There is to be no Cheating, Glitching , Exploiting at all under any circumstances.

2. RDM (Random Death Match)

(a) - You require a valid RP reason to attack someone within a safe zone. ( Safe Zones = Immigrant Dock, Colonial Settlement, Forts. )

(b) - You require a valid RP reason to attack someone not holding a ranged weapon outside of a safe zone. ( Ranged Weapons = Guns, Tomahawks, Bows )

3. NLR (New Life Rule)

(a) You may not use information that does not have to do with your current life against another player.

4. Robbery

(a) - You may not attack a victim of a robbery for the mere fact that they are not carrying what you are demanding.

(b) - You must give the victim of a robbery a reasonable amount of time to respond to the robbers demands.

5. Taxing

(a) - You may not attack the person being taxed for the mere fact that they are not carrying the amount the taxer is demanding.

(b) - You must give the person being taxed a reasonable amount of time to respond to the taxer.

6. Meta - Gaming

(a) - You may not use anything except for physical in game actions and RP chat against a player.

7. Raiding

(a) - The targeted raiding location must be announced 3 times in global

(b) -  You may not kill anyone in a raid who is not carrying an item that can be used lethally against another player.

(c) -  The raid ends when either the announcer of the raid dies or when the chest is looted.

8. War

(a) - The Colonel or The Chief must announce 3 times in global who they are going to war against.

(b) - You may not kill anyone in war if they are not carrying a weapon which can be used lethally against another player.

(c) - A Soldier Faction must all be wearing a similar uniform during war.

(d) - War for a Soldier Faction ends when your mine is captured. If you do not own a mine, War ends when your captain dies.

(e) - War for a Native Faction ends when your Chief dies.

9. Assassination

(a) - Natives cannot make or accept a contract.

(b) - The contract has to have a valid RP reason based on the contractors current life and the targets current life.

(c) - After a successful contract, the victim has the right to know who the contractor was and the reason behind the contract, to deem if it was a valid contract.

10. AFK

(a) - You may not kill anyone who is AFK who has followed proper AFK procedure and guidelines.

(b) - You must announce 3 times in Global that you are going AFK

(c) - You may not announce AFK if you are involved in a War, Raid, Robbery or any sort of combat.

(d) - You must AFK in a location where you are unlikely to be killed.

11. Respecting Admins

(a) - You must respect and follow ALL admin decisions.  If you believe an admin is abusing his/her privlidges or not properly enforcing server rules, make a post in the admin complaints thread.  DO NOT rage in game.  Please attempt to provide some form of screenshot of the matter(s) in question

(b) - Admins may make temporary rules ONLY if it is for the greater good for the enjoyment of the players in the server such as:
Temporarily banning all Fighting / Robbing / Taxing at Colonial Town to get the server under control.

12. Other Guidelines

(a) - Admins may not join the server using the Admin Password IF they are intending on role playing and not going to be on Admin Duty

(b) - Admins may not spawn themselves gold for RP purposes under ANY circumstances

(c) - Admins are only allowed to refund 30% of gold lost to people violating rules. 

(d) - There is to be no refunds for server resets / crashes what so ever.

(e) - The deposit cap on banking will be 7,500g, which accumulates to 75,000 in regular PW.

(f) - If an Admins deems a player to be acting very Troll - Ish, even if the player is not breaking any rules, he can punish the player with a ban. However, the Admins must warn the player of what they are doing and ask them to stop or face punishment.

(g) - There is to be no unnecessary spamming of global chat

(h) - There is to be no racial comments in global chat that may offend players.

Seems fair. Good job on those.

I like this new idea of randoming area's outside of safe havens.  It would make it really feel like if you left town it is THE WILDERNESS.  Random evil people with no souls and P***ed off natives could scalp ya just because.  It would give all those people with aggressive personalities something to do and it would give the game a dayz feeling!  To me that sounds like fun.  Merchants and soldiers would have REAL jobs!  You'd really have to defend against the bandits who were NOT impeded with HALT!  Hand over 100 gold!

Yeah, when people play a warband mod, no matter what mod it is, they should expect to fight at any given moment. I wanted to re-create that in Persistent Frontier even though it is a RP mod, but still have it so people can RP respectively.

Back
Top Bottom