Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

usnavy30 said:
That makes sense.
And good job Madfast, many new admins these days on any module or game always forget admining servers should be a serious position and no fooling around like an idiot. Nice to see a responsible and active admin team/dev team :smile:
Thanks we do try :smile:, also;
574px-Oh_stop_it_you.png

parade said:
I got this wierd invisible uniforms bug - can someone help me?

In order for the Lappels to work you need to buy the uniform that has the torso and legs. It's named something along the lines of "Blue Infantry Uniform", "Green Infantry Uniform", "Green Rifles Uniform", "Red Infantry Uniform".

Here's an image of what they look like.

fkWFBDI.jpg

i keep crashing once i get in game. sometimes i cant even load the scene and it gets stuck. this happens to some other people i know should we just re download??

ya just downloaded over 2000KB for the scene and then just crashed. i was playing fine earlier and now i join the game and as soon as i join it crashes

NightC2win said:
I can't download the scene. it gets to roughtly 160-170k and just stops dead every time...
Just tough it out, I was having the same problem but I didn't back out or anything... the server is processing a lot so the scene download is slow. All you need is patience. :smile:

After playing for a few hours today, I'm kind of disappointed. My experience was on the NA server where there was all sorts of RDM'ing going on and the admins were doing absolutely nothing to combat it. The overall layout of the scene was confusing as well. I was trying to become a highwayman but couldn't for the life of me find the hideout. I realize these things are hidden in the forests but even walking through the forests I can't see anything and then eventually get ambushed by some indians. I'm glad the mod is here, I just think there are some changes to be made.

The biggest issue by far in my playing time was the administration. I respect administration and I know it is hard especially when undermanned, but concerning the circumstances (I.E. the Sat. launch) I would hope that the admins would be on their toes and, at least in my case, they were not.

Let the incoming hate commence.

Cop said:
NightC2win said:
I can't download the scene. it gets to roughtly 160-170k and just stops dead every time...
Just tough it out, I was having the same problem but I didn't back out or anything... the server is processing a lot so the scene download is slow. All you need is patience. :smile:

After playing for a few hours today, I'm kind of disappointed. My experience was on the NA server where there was all sorts of RDM'ing going on and the admins were doing absolutely nothing to combat it. The overall layout of the scene was confusing as well. I was trying to become a highwayman but couldn't for the life of me find the hideout. I realize these things are hidden in the forests but even walking through the forests I can't see anything and then eventually get ambushed by some indians. I'm glad the mod is here, I just think there are some changes to be made.

The biggest issue by far in my playing time was the administration. I respect administration and I know it is hard especially when undermanned, but concerning the circumstances (I.E. the Sat. launch) I would hope that the admins would be on their toes and, at least in my case, they were not.

Let the incoming hate commence.

Still doesnt explain the crashing
NightC2win said:
How big is the scene total? Is there anyway they can make it a separate download so I don't have to go through the server?

mine went up to about 2300KB

NightC2win said:
I am at 2340 and it hasn't moved in 10 minutes... taking half my life to download this

let me know when you get it done if you crash once you get in.

is anyone else having a crashing problem?

It's rather annoying that people keep complaining about RDM. This game mode is literally TDM on a grand scale. For example, what is the objective of the Indians? To kill whites? There is nothing for them to do. Though there are bears to hunt, they barely move when attacked. The other issues come from the lack of RP. This can't really be avoided. It's just many people are not educated on the time period. Also, why is this mod called Persistent Frontier when it's not persistent at all? It's a giant TDM; kill everyone who isn't armed. What a ridiculous rule. The time period called for weapons 24/7. There is no reason what-so-ever to kill someone because they have a pistol. In addition, money is reset every restart, and there is no banking system. How can this be called "persistent." This mod is great so far, but there are lots of issues with the way servers are being run. The administrators are fine, but like I said earlier, some rules are ridiculous. Kill everyone on sight except the unarmed. That's so silly! Really makes me frustrated. Mod has potential. Release server files and let servers run the game mode as they please. This would eventually lead to the perfect mix of game mode elements and server-side rules.

The map downloads to about 830 and works fine for me.
Hair and face textures are very shiny and the colours do not really match up. Facetextures seem to be corrupted sometimes and you get a huge glichting blob of faces above someones head, maybe as big as a house.  Another problem I have is the seemingly deathmatch style gameplay. People use the nametags to see if someone is a bandit or not and bandits are killed even before they could do anything wrong. This is no problem with the indians because they look inherently different from all the other factions.

I really like the current map, it feels vast and mysterious. There is a lot to be explored and some nifty little secrets to be found. The forest really feels like a forest instead of a bunch of trees close to each other. In this forest you can get lost and ambushed. Sneaking around through the bush is very easy to do in this forest. No other Mount and Blade map does this in such a great way as this map, so kudos for that. I see the problem of inaccessibility some people have with this map, but I would advise these people to not be afraid of getting lost and exploring the forest some more.
To make this map a little better I would like a little bit more character. Small details that liven up the place like a waterfall maybe? Maybe a house in the middle of nowhere and some fields some more fields outside of the town? A little farmstead in the woods or a ship on the dock? Something that already make the map seem alive the bears.

Do not take my advise to seriously I have never made a map or run a server but I'd like to see this mod rise to greatness and I hope my two cents help in that regard.

I think the mod has great potential but needs work.

Map is just a bit too vast with forests. Realistic yes but people get lost to easy.

Settlement is ok but you cant even make food. Only thing you can do is chop wood or mine but noone mines because of risk vs reward.

Add a hunger timer and make this true survivalist mod with settlements farming and hoarding stocks, indians hunting game and raiding to get extra food.

Also cow farms and fields near logging camp.

Back
Top Bottom