Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

The Bowman said:
I have the impression that you made taxing just like a robbery. Taxing has a different meaning: pay the gold or don't pass/leave the place.

Taxing is whatever the players make it. In my opinion, it isn't an admins job to dictate how much can be taxed however often. If someone is taxing an unreasonable mount of gold too often, they should be dealt with by players instead of admins.

And PF makes that easier to do than PW because anyone can get shot by anyone. Doesn't matter if you've been playing for 10 hours, or if you've been playing for 30 minutes.

You need any extra help? I already live in that persistent frontier, well most weekends.

Me attracting the birds:

wVGJY.jpg

20+ years games modder/developer experience and weirdly a reenactor of this period for the past 20 years just search the net under this name, usually mission making, modelling terrain (3dsm/milkshape) and splash screens. I'm an Art/Creative Director by trade but presently have a lot of spare time because I'm stuck at home looking after the kids.

I know quite a lot about the French Indian wars and have read almost everything you can read about it, teach it in schools and public displays and most of the gear and weapons are strewn throughout my home, dozens of uniforms all the major weapons, charlevilles, bess's, snow shoes, hawks some of it original antiques.

Well I could go on and on, I think a while back I did some stuff for that cowboy mod some splash screens and a few models, have millions of pictures taken by me that you're free to use and also I'm an oil painter too.

One of my paintings:

JLvIG.jpg

Small publicity film I shot a while ago for the guys who I reenact with in the UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Q9_M9-yaA

I suppose I have a good CV for this mod but I know you're not looking to add to the team but if you need anything let me know, I think it's a great idea, amazing work so far, good luck!

pod455 said:
Freighttrain4 said:
pod455 said:
What will the accuracy of military muskets be compared to the other ones? And what will the accuracy of muskets be over all? Like MM or NW? Because the muskets in NW are FAR too accurate.

The muskets in NW are too accurate?!? Since when?! The accuracy is perfect in my opinion. You can't make them too inaccurate because then people would rather use melee because you can't hit the broadside of a barn with a gun.
The muskets in MM were perfect! And the melee in MM was better aswell! So i hope this feels more like MM than NW

I bet  that when you were younger things were so much better too, right? because I was also there both on being a child and playing the mod and I heavily disagree with both opinions.

The melee and musket play of MM was terrible and being a kid was awesome because your parents took care of you.

Also, looking forward to this as it looks great.

The melee and musket play of MM was terrible and being a kid was awesome because your parents took care of you.

How exactly do these two things relate to each other? Personally, I loved the way MM melee worked and this has nothing to do with my age or the fact that things were different back then.

Elduar_Rhinestone said:

How exactly do these two things relate to each other? Personally, I loved the way MM melee worked and this has nothing to do with my age or the fact that things were different back then.

Rose tinted glasses. No offence but you MM fanboys seem to have them fixed to your skulls.

It was a unique mod, but the melee IMO was terrible. I see a lot of people praising the damn mod whilst knocking NW the professional product when the former was barely played outside the line battles by a few hundred dedicated players while the former has won awards over it.

But this isn't MM or NW, it is a seperate thing all together and I encourage the developers to do their own thing when it comes to melee and musket balance.

Comrade Temuzu said:
SeanBeansShako said:
It was a unique mod
wot

Alright smart arse, seriously name me one other mod aside from the Battlegrounds that essentially that did 18th/19th century multiplayer fps combat with melee on the side.

Hell it was the first where you could actually use smoothbore artillery complete with a mild simulation of loading the field piece. If it was one thing Mount And Musket was it was unique in the setting. 

SeanBeansShako said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
SeanBeansShako said:
It was a unique mod
wot
Alright smart arse, seriously name me one other mod aside from the Battlegrounds that essentially that did 18th/19th century multiplayer fps combat with melee on the side.

Hell it was the first where you could actually use smoothbore artillery complete with a mild simulation of loading the field piece. If it was one thing Mount And Musket was it was unique in the setting.
Age of False Innocence.

Was hoping for Bayonet swords
4de60924d8d16597464da7d47baae897.jpg

Or knives
BowieKnife.jpg

Maybe to balance it, allow Bayonets to block, and knives to be really fast + deal pretty good damage

Otherwise, keep up the good work! Oh, and add pistols  :smile:

Regarding the map. IMO do both, and make the snow unique not just everything that was green is now white. Make it thick snow just like New England snow is like.

Skallagrim said:
Was hoping for Bayonet swords
4de60924d8d16597464da7d47baae897.jpg

Or knives
BowieKnife.jpg

Maybe to balance it, allow Bayonets to block, and knives to be really fast + deal pretty good damage

Otherwise, keep up the good work! Oh, and add pistols  :smile:
Both of those weapons are waaaay off the time period. The bayonet looks World War 2, and the Bowie Knife wasn't in use until about 70 years later.

NightHawkreal said:
By the way, you did not think to add a cannons? From AoFI.

I think cannons would ruin it a bit since they are OP cause you can can kill someone from a huge distance without RPing and its a insta kill as well :/

Clonealex said:
NightHawkreal said:
By the way, you did not think to add a cannons? From AoFI.

I think cannons would ruin it a bit since they are OP cause you can can kill someone from a huge distance without RPing and its a insta kill as well :/

We considered them but put a no for now. If a randomer got a hold of one, who knows what could happen.

You can use a butchering knife in PW on dead animals for meat. I don't see why we can't replace that function with using a scalping knife on dead bodies for scalps then you being able to sell the scalps for gold :grin:

Back
Top Bottom