Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Austro! I love you for this, I've been a great fan of 1755 Old Frontier :smile:

But hehe, noob-question here, How will this work? I know it's kinda RPG-like, but still don't get the main jist.

William S. Donovan said:

But hehe, noob-question here, How will this work? I know it's kinda RPG-like, but still don't get the main jist.
It will be like Persistend World... But with FIREARMS! :twisted:(and trade based economy).

I too have a question: Will the mod have boats? Not big warships, but small boats or canoes so you can travel through rivers(and do a surprise raid  :twisted:) :grin:

Humlenerd said:
William S. Donovan said:

It will be like Persistend World... But with FIREARMS! :twisted:(and trade based economy).

I too have a question: Will the mod have boats? Not big warships, but small boats or canoes so you can travel through rivers(and do a surprise raid  :twisted:) :grin:
Second this I would like to captain my own 122-gun 1st rate!  :mrgreen:

So is this going to be based around the American Revolution or just a PW mod with muskets? Either way im going to play it!

pod455 said:
So is this going to be based around the American Revolution or just a PW mod with muskets? Either way im going to play it!
The timeline stretches from 1700 - 1763 so it will most likely be based on the French and Indian war (French: Guerre de la Conquête)(1754 - 1763).

Vicccard said:
Looks nice, I'll certainly watch this.

Just, one thing...
NO HORSES?  :cry:
Yeah, there will be horses. From what I understand, there will be one horse type usable by all classes.

Humlenerd said:
Canoes probably, but not in the first release.

pod455 said:
Mostly the French and Indian war of 1754–1763.

It seems really interesting; if you would like another person working on map(s) I'd love to help.

Also, one question: How do you plan to enforce the rule set on all servers, or is this just proscribed? What if one of the servers that agrees to host and gets early access decides they don't want to run those rules any more? I get what you're trying to do, I've just never seen it done before.

Azrayel said:
It seems really interesting; if you would like another person working on map(s) I'd love to help.

Also, one question: How do you plan to enforce the rule set on all servers, or is this just proscribed? What if one of the servers that agrees to host and gets early access decides they don't want to run those rules any more? I get what you're trying to do, I've just never seen it done before.

Everyone seems to be fine with the rules, they are not too vague and they are not too strict. I have yet to see someone strongly oppose them.

As for horses, yes, we will have horses, we will talk about them more in the next weekly update.

Also, please do not ask to be a Closed Beta tester ( if you are not going to be a future server owner ) I will talk to everyone who wants to be a potential closed beta tester when it is available.

I am giving future server owners the guarantee to beta test because I don't want them investing in something they will end up not liking.

And it's available when Temuzu finishes the map and Vornne releases the Module System.

Azrayel said:

They don't have to follow our rules, but it his advised. We know what the mod is like and these really are the best rules for any server. If an official server doesn't follow our rules we'd probably have to denounce them and tell them that it isn't an official server anymore.

I am giving future server owners the guarantee to beta test because I don't want them investing in something they will end up not liking.

I would like to get a look, however you shouldn't tell for rules within the mod system, leave it to the server admin judging, i'm mainly refering to highwaymen.

Will you implement the ship system of Vornne ? Also any kind of food or we stick to the basics ?

Last things, how many faction there is ? Does the colonists form a group all together or it's seperated faction just like the soldiers ?

Aldric said:

I would like to get a look, however you shouldn't tell for rules within the mod system, leave it to the server admin judging, i'm mainly refering to highwaymen.

Will you implement the ship system of Vornne ? Also any kind of food or we stick to the basics ?

Last things, how many faction there is ? Does the colonists form a group all together or it's seperated faction just like the soldiers ?

We have set pretty basic robbery rules, don't kill people if they do not have what you are asking, and give them time to respond. There is no limit on how much you can rob because  the mod is designed that way.

There will be no ships on the first map and on the initial release, however, we are going to look into it as we progress after the open beta is released.

As for food, we did not want the mod to be animal dependent because animals cause a lot of lag, and we already have a lot of trees.

Healing will be done by simply resting no matter what your health is at.

On our map and on initial release, there will be 2 Soldier Factions, each with their own fort and their own Soldier Settlement for Colonists to work at.

There will be 2 Native Camps.

There will be 1 - 4 bandit camps, but eaither bandit camp you choose, you will be part of the same " Outlaw " faction.

And there will be one colonial settlement. Colonials will be their own factions where people have to join.

The " Commoner " class will be " immigrants " which will spawn at a dock. They are only useful for picking a crate up at the dock and selling it around the map for money.

And by introducing importants scene props like the trees and bushes you see on the screenshots, they map will feel a lot larger, as there are few places where you are able to see the whole map, and in fact no places where you could see each location in detail, as the dense forests are in the way.

I'll get some more information on this together for the Sunday update.

Will there be a Frontier looking parts of maps for the Natives. Will the Colonies or settlements be placed near the Coast and the Natives be placed in the woods? Will there be downsized versions of real life places? Like the Ohio valley? Maine? Western parts of Mass?

I'm full of questions because I just want to know so much about this amazing sounding mod.

Back
Top Bottom