Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Jarvisimo said:
Romanov's right.
You really do need to help people to roleplay. There are too many 'killzorz stereotypes' in this world to sacrifice anything which will make roleplay fun and engaging.
Special mechanics like the ambushes, creeping, patrolling and raiding are necessary. Of course, they will be a ***** to code (coder myself for my mod), but not impossible. If it would be possible to design a script which altered the players texture (to a slightly transparent one) whilst crouching in trees, that would be a really great achievement.
You're going to need to do everything within your power to make this mod work. Introducing nice functions and gameplay elements is the key to making people play the mod as you hope they will.
Good luck to Austro and team. You're going to need it.

Out of interest, Austro, who's your coder?

One of this I'm going have to smack Austro for never giving me credit.  :razz: I'm the main one and Shredzorz helps when needed.

Musket_Mayhem said:
a quick question, will colonial soldiers form up in lines and be given the orders to present an fire?

If it's optional, then I don't think anyone's actually going to do it, considering it would take time to form up (depends on the soldier count too, of course) which would also give time for the enemy to advance.

VonTawast said:
Musket_Mayhem said:
a quick question, will colonial soldiers form up in lines and be given the orders to present an fire?

If it's optional, then I don't think anyone's actually going to do it, considering it would take time to form up (depends on the soldier count too, of course) which would also give time for the enemy to advance.

... And Natives creeping on you from the forest line :grin:

ive already made a little clan for this game out of pure excitement
73ae840a5f2334eea51c8990be68d207.jpg

Gustav - Teuton Knight said:
Musket_Mayhem said:
ive already made a little clan for this game out of pure excitement
73ae840a5f2334eea51c8990be68d207.jpg

Nice! Notice natives won't be able to craft guns :grin: You'll have to steal or trade :grin:
As history tells us Gustav, the colonists and Europeans will be very friendly and totally not screw us over  :lol:

About the poll, I think that it would be better if only Natives have lances, would make more sense and would give the native faction a good advantage against European Muskets :grin:

Regarding horses, I think everyone should be able to use a horse, but they should be mainly for transport, not combat.

Also, the Euro-American lancers of the day were in small number as the not only did training a man to use a lance require extra training, but also was unconventional for the wooded warfare. However the Natives trained in the use of the lance, and had them available if it made sense to use them in the current environment,

Well, I'm not sure, I think its enough that in PW you are a good serf bothering nobody and two outlaws jump in your way and say, the money or your live... This would take randoming to a high level. If theres some way of limiting but at the same time having suprice attacks without saying a single word plz post :grin:

The thing is that Soldiers depend on Colonists for Weapons and Colonists depend on Soldiers for protection against Native / Highwaymen raids. The only " Real " people shooting at Colonists and Soldiers would be Highwaymen and Natives. So it would encourage people to actually group up and travel together, rarely seen in PW.

Austro said:
The thing is that Soldiers depend on Colonists for Weapons and Colonists depend on Soldiers for protection against Native / Highwaymen raids. The only " Real " people shooting at Colonists and Soldiers would be Highwaymen and Natives. So it would encourage people to actually group up and travel together, rarely seen in PW.

Well, in al factions I've been, the lord always sends guards to protect the miners. Tho what you saying seems legit and makes sense. Good point of view.

It would be an awful idea to cut randoming rules because people would just camp outside the fortresses and other outposts and kill players for no reason. Nothing kills a server faster than randoming.

I know this is blunt but what a horrible idea, it would make the mod die faster than anything. The point of RDM is to make the game have better roleplay and be more fun. I am against removing RDM

How about this,

You must have a valid RP reason to kill someone within a safe haven

You must have a valid RP reason to kill an UNARMED person outside a safe haven.

This way, people carrying arms need to watch their back when they are travelling, yet, unarmed people are safe from catching a musket ball to the face.

I'm not really sure but the Natives should be allowed to KOS in some aspects. For example you can make a rule about the Native Ambushes: "Only 5 or more Natives who grouped up together can ambush a Caravan of 3 or more people and KOS everyone. Natives are not allowed to ambush too close to towns and forts."

Back
Top Bottom