Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

pod455 said:
Austro said:
Crouch movement has been discussed early on in development, however we lack the animations. If someone would be so kind as to make us some crouch movement animations or guide us to an open source pack of some kind that would be awesome!
Vikingr has crouch movement, ask them  :smile:
Warband Script Enhancer I believe.

DarthTaco said:
pod455 said:
Austro said:
Crouch movement has been discussed early on in development, however we lack the animations. If someone would be so kind as to make us some crouch movement animations or guide us to an open source pack of some kind that would be awesome!
Vikingr has crouch movement, ask them  :smile:
Warband Script Enhancer I believe.
yes, they do use WSE but it worked well.

Freighttrain4 said:
Will there be a day and night cycle? or Night maps and Day maps?
That would be very cool to see!

I would like to see a walk/run toggle button implemented in the mod (like the one in Napoleonic Wars). That's gonna add some more realism and help people who like patrolling around do it in a RP way, with a walking animation.

Slawtering said:
Open module.ini

search for this
multiplayer_walk_enabled = 0

change to this
multiplayer_walk_enabled = 1

Other people still don't see you walking. From their point of view it looks like a slower running...

Toggle Walk / Run would be interesting, but I really want Crouch Movement  for people to prepare for ambushes efficiently ect.. I have sent Rath0s a PM waiting for his reply.

Austro said:
Toggle Walk / Run would be interesting, but I really want Crouch Movement  for people to prepare for ambushes efficiently ect.. I have sent Rath0s a PM waiting for his reply.

That would be horrifying, seeing a bunch of Natives crouch walking towards you in the forest.

Similar to that scene in Last of the Mohicans, where Nathan's party is hiding in the burial ground. All of those Algonquins and the French trappers, sends a chill down your spine.

Austro said:

Make these two things your first priority, as the major part of the mod will be about patrolling, ambushes from the forest, raiding caravans and such...

Romanov131 said:
Austro said:

Make these two things your first priority, as the major part of the mod will be about patrolling, ambushes from the forest, raiding caravans and such...

patrolling?

have you ever like... played PW?

How many people "patrol"? People run around and tax each other, and stuff. Nearly never do people "patrol". and, his "first priority"? How can this even get close to becoming his first priority?  Lastly, who are you to tell him that it should be his first priority on his mod?

/rant

bobthe8th said:
Romanov131 said:
Austro said:

patrolling?

How many people "patrol"? People run around and tax each other, and stuff. Nearly never do people "patrol". and, his "first priority"? How can this even get close to becoming his first priority?  Lastly, who are you to tell him that it should be his first priority on his mod?

/rant

If you don't have any suggestion about the mod or you don't have anything to say at all, just don't say anything.. People must learn how to roleplay in this mod, and if there isn't a large variety of options to roleplay with, they will never learn how to do it and will keep "running around and taxing each other".

Romanov131 said:
bobthe8th said:
Romanov131 said:
Austro said:

patrolling?

/rant

If you don't have any suggestion about the mod or you don't have anything to say at all, just don't say anything.. People must learn how to roleplay in this mod, and if there isn't a large variety of options to roleplay with, they will never learn how to do it and will keep "running around and taxing each other".
He does have stuff to talk about, your comment, he is replying with his thoughts

Romanov's right.
You really do need to help people to roleplay. There are too many 'killzorz stereotypes' in this world to sacrifice anything which will make roleplay fun and engaging.
Special mechanics like the ambushes, creeping, patrolling and raiding are necessary. Of course, they will be a ***** to code (coder myself for my mod), but not impossible. If it would be possible to design a script which altered the players texture (to a slightly transparent one) whilst crouching in trees, that would be a really great achievement.
You're going to need to do everything within your power to make this mod work. Introducing nice functions and gameplay elements is the key to making people play the mod as you hope they will.
Good luck to Austro and team. You're going to need it.

Out of interest, Austro, who's your coder?

I suggested something like this to the PW devs earlier but I am amped for this. But a quick question, will colonial soldiers form up in lines and be given the orders to present an fire?

Im guessing some factions will be taken over by 1 regiment from NW or something and they go around doing stuff but use teamspeak.

Yeah no doubt its tempting for me considering im in the 4th RG and lines can be more effective sometimes against a bunch of idiots rushing at you firing at random and just hoping they hit you. When you have a whole line firing at once,reloading at once. You get the chances of hits going upwards. Kinda with the Jagers in Prussia back then,they'd start off shooting all at once. Then they would start to fire in groups.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom