Download feature for servers

Do you want the ability to download maps/mods from servers?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Younes

Grandmaster Knight
After the whole conversation about the previous thread about server maps and how maps would be downloaded , i really wanted to put forward this thread. There has been discussion on the TW discord about it, but from what i gather they are still discussing it internally about how it would be done.

I don't want to put any conspiracy or anything, or bash taleworlds. I just want taleworlds to know that most of the community most likely wants this feature. I want TW to know this in advance before they decide it's too much of a thing for what it is. I know TW is not always on the same track as the community, but i really want TW to have this right, Map downloads are a massive must for the community. Please don't scrap this even if this is still being talked about internally, it's honestly a game breaking thing.

I feel like it's a bit soon to assume it isn't something they were already planning on doing, but I would definitely like to begin seeing some development updates on custom servers, It's hard to say if they are even working on it currently.

Enable a poll to reflect the general interest, man! You only know how to eat waffles!

d38c2dee7aca999073d406dfe6a2e961.jpg
:lol:

Oh look it's a poll asking if people want something you already know they want.
Why did you even make this thread when there already was another one about the same thing you even posted on yourself?

I really don't understand why you feel the need to blow one of them saying "we don't know yet" up this far pretending they said "it's not gonna happen, screw you". There are many things wrong with the game at the moment you could be angry and make threads about, but a "we don't know" aint it.

Oh look it's a poll asking if people want something you already know they want.
Why did you even make this thread when there already was another one about the same thing you even posted on yourself?

I really don't understand why you feel the need to blow one of them saying "we don't know yet" up this far pretending they said "it's not gonna happen, screw you". There are many things wrong with the game at the moment you could be angry and make threads about, but a "we don't know" aint it.
I directly stated in the start that it had to do with the previous thread. The thread you linked is dissecting what the devs have said about the matter. In this thread i simply want Taleworlds to know this is a thing we want.

With the discussion on discord about it with a few people and a few unnamed devs, it seems like they are still in the phase of discussing it.

"Something you already know they want"

I think i should remind you about decisions concerning: no autorun, stances, class system,. and assume that the devs also thought this is something people wanted or didn't care about, when in reality people did a lot.

You should know how painful the alpha or beta were, let's not make any mistake and be sure taleworlds knows. Because just like the class system or many other decisions, i would never have imagined they would go down this path. Telling them before they go to the drawing board is the best way to ensure it, no matter how stupid it may sound.

If we knew Class System was coming before it had been decided on and finalized, we could have been more active in voicing our opinion about how we wernt really on board. With how split those discussions were in the beginning, feedback from fans could have been the turning point. We just didn’t know that discussion was even happening.

Now we do know a discussion is happening, and we are providing direct feedback. Early Access done right.

After the whole conversation about the previous thread about server maps and how maps would be downloaded , i really wanted to put forward this thread. There has been discussion on the TW discord about it, but from what i gather they are still discussing it internally about how it would be done.

I don't want to put any conspiracy or anything, or bash taleworlds. I just want taleworlds to know that most of the community most likely wants this feature. I want TW to know this in advance before they decide it's too much of a thing for what it is. I know TW is not always on the same track as the community, but i really want TW to have this right, Map downloads are a massive must for the community. Please don't scrap this even if this is still being talked about internally, it's honestly a game breaking thing.

Wow found something we agree on.

its a third party automatic download, where you dont really know what you get. Someone needs to provide the infrastructure, the maps can get quite large if you include models, materials, textures etc.
The Native maps were always the biggest files to download back in Warband, like Field by the river being a 400kb download. That was a long time ago though surely they can do that faster now?

I suspect maps in bannerlord are much larger than that, especially with custom textures.
In the files, MP map folders typically range from 10-40 MB. I'm not sure if we would need to download all of that or even more, but I think it's safe to say Bannerlord maps are much larger. Using the steam workshop to automatically download the files you need would probably enable players to download these really quickly, but I'm not sure they'll take the route since they also sell the game of Epic and would probably need a method for those players to download maps too.

Back
Top Bottom