Download, FAQ & sigs for latest version.

Users who are viewing this thread

darkedone02 said:
Deon said:
What do you call "battlemap"? If you mean a minimap with orders, it's  feature of native M&B. Also Dudro, don't you want to post my sig in your first post? I could do more.

If you have played the mod of Light and Darkness, and press the M button during a battle, you got yourself a battlemap that shows your troops location and their troops location, I use the battlemap to see where they located at without running across the whole map to find the enemies location. The battle map is something what Dynasty Warriors has, and it's a radar of the map to show key event triggers, reinforcements and general locations along with the masses of soldiers location. I want something like this so I don't have no difficulties on finding my enemy without trying to follow my units to show me the way. It's a good handy feature to use. Also  very useful when trying to find the soldiers scatter across the map when the enemy flee in terror and have a hard time finding them all. In Light and Darkness after the enemy morale is broken and 1/4 of the troops still remain, I get a pop up that they surrender and give the choice to take them as prisoners and end the match or slaughter them all.

I do like the idea of the guys surrendering after only a quarter of them are left, but being able to be shown troop locations is a bit, well, stupid when it comes to M@B, no offense.  Bringing up a map that shows you where everyone is is silly.

Did you remove this feature? If so, just remove the dots. You should leave the map order since it's silly that you can't give distant orders (like to rush to some veeery distant hill on foot to order cavalry to hold it. Don't remove functionality, please :smile:.

UPDATE: You didn't remove it.

Here it is (screenshot of the Eagle and the Wolves mod):

29ohiyv.jpg

Map, radar, enemy locations. What's wrong is it for you, Darkedone02?

Also I must admit while introducing a nice concent, you really need to check all your texts, including the character creation text. They have way too many typos and errors.

PS BUG Look, Dudro, enemies are listed as 8 ALLIES! You messed something up, check vanilla setings please.

Right, it's strange. 

And sorry I thought you meant on the big adventure map, you could press a button and figure out where everyone is.

Oh, if you mean adv. map then yeah, it's silly. But he meant combat map (look, he follows his crew to look where the enemies are instead of looking in this map; it was strange).

I just downloaded it so haven't played it (just started it up to see what it is like) and one thing that I noticed is that when you are near the edge of the map and zoom in you can't see part of the map.

Yeah okay, I'll try that.

I'm gonna be uploading a new version soon with the map bug fix, and a bunch of new items that AlphaDelta made.

Not with the new troop equipment and whatnot, but I don't really know.  It might be.

Well, the newer version is released it's got the proper map thingy too.

Hey, very nice mod. You also got me interested in those books, sounds like something I should really pick up one of the days.

Armors and shields basically.  Lots. Mainly more Saxon equipment.  But thing have been given to other factions as well.

I'm not totally sure about everything, but by pressing numerous keys, ( u,h,j,k, are some, I think,) you can order your troops into formations such as a wedge, ranks, and one or two other things, but I'm not totally sure about the whole thing.

The AI only do it if there are enough of them.

Dudro said:
I'm not totally sure about everything, but by pressing numerous keys, ( u,h,j,k, are some, I think,) you can order your troops into formations such as a wedge, ranks, and one or two other things, but I'm not totally sure about the whole thing.

So its the default formations kit? I asked because you said it was a modified version.

Yes, but armies use horses more now, and won't use the formations at all unless their army is bigger.

Dudro said:

Actually I have P instead of H for the Line formation.

Back
Top Bottom