Download, FAQ & sigs for latest version.

Users who are viewing this thread

That's one of my favorite things too.  It adds a lot more character to cavalry battles.

I can't download the file...

Edit: Fixed it by saving the file.

Edit:Again, an RGL error... I need to check the error message for what file it's missing or whatever. I got this same problem with Britain 1297.

Edit: It can't open banners_a.dds.

I installed it right. Unzipped the folder to Modules... I am quite pissed that this is going on every 2 mother <3'ing seconds.

...This now happens with The Eagle and the Radiant Cross for me...

What the hell is wrong with my computer here?

No. I'll try again, and look at the message...

'Unable to open texture file Textures/banners_a.dds"

Same thing.

I'll scrap M&B and redownload everything.

Good news, that worked! Playing it now, good job, man!  :wink:

I only have one quarrel; the armors that the Romans have (Including scuta) are a bit outdated by that time period (Or so I believe, by then I think it had been replaced by squamata or hamata/parma, I am not sure).

Other than that, is there a way for me to remove the specific armors?

I can look further inot that to see what armors the Romans used by then, if you'd like.

I for sure know what a scuta is.  Please elaborate so I can give a reason.

Note that the Roman Britons are more early empire oriented, rather than late antiquity, like the western empire.

I THINK the clipaeus is probably what the armies used, but I don't think it was decorated with the eagle and lightning bolts. I believe it was decorated with a Chi-Rho. As for the rest, I'm not sure, but I know that segmentata was totally given up by Constantine's time.

Yes, your right there, it was decorated with the chi-ro, but I don't have a texturer, and I can't.

Are there any romans with the segmentata?  Do the Imperial German Bodyguards have it?

As for the chi-rho texture, I think there is a banner for someone's mod (I don't know who) that works on shields. Other than that, I can't really help.

I don't know for sure. But I'm almost certain at least some Romans use it. And the Roman shields are used.

Also, I would doubt it historically because, by that time, (and I'm basing this off of nature) Rome's enemies probably would have understood the weakness of the armor (if any, since it was some damn good stuff), and also because the armor was given up for its price and maitenance cost. I think the latest recorded usage was in some statue of Constantine I in some time around 300ish, but then again I'm not sure. I'm almost certain it was replaced by some later form of Hamata. Gladii, as well, I think were replaced by Spathae like Deepeeka.

Yep, the "mainz" gladius I believe was completely out of use, and I gave the Roman infantry some spathas.

Oh, right, I remember now, the Auxilia Palatiner have the Lorica Segmentata!  In Rome Total War, which I got most of the Roman units from, they have something similar to segmentata, but not quite.  I couldn't find any models that resembled it, so I compromised.

The main problems with roman-eque troops in this mod and most others is that romans used very particular tactics. In mount and blade soldiers run in a big rabble (which is okay for all the other factions) but the romans where extremely disciplined soldiers using a mix of superior training, tactics and equipment to destroy their enemy. Is there any way you could get formations (many mods have it) and perhaps alter it to be even better?

I thought formations were in there. In fact I'm positive. :???:

And I would like to edit it, but I can't right now.

Dudro said:
That's not a unit in Rome Total War.

The description of Egypt was that it was ruled by Greek Pharaohs (Meaning they representated that faction as the New Kingdom style of old Egyptian gods and such, pyramids, pharaohs etc.) The truth was that Egypt (The Ptolemaic Empire) was a totally GREEK country, ruled by one of the successors of Alexander, NOT some damn pharoah.

Can you add shield bash script in next version I have failed at making it work properly myself .

Back
Top Bottom